“Great location, amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Caracas, Venezuela
“Great location, amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

In this hotel, staff makes all the difference. I recently stayed at the hotel at Miami Beach, and just now I see the difference in the training and commitment of the employees. I was impressed how friendly, helpful, professional, and attentive were all the people I encountered during my stay.

Rooms are nicely furnished, and views on the ocean side are spectacular. Get up for sunrise, and you'll know what I am talking about. Bed was comfortable, bathroom nice and clean.
Breakfast is bit pricey, but the buffet offers plenty of choices, service by Aime is excellent. I also had the pleasure to have drinks with some colleagues at the Toro Toro bar. Erika the bartender was very pleasant, always smiling. Service provided by Matej in the restaurant was very professional and friendly.
Overall, the hotel has great location, great restaurants on property, Starbucks in the lobby, and some of the best staff I have encountered.

Room Tip: Starbucks in the lobbry,
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear JuanTheV,

Thank you for joining us during your recent visit to Miami. I am so glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised by the hotel's location, accommodations, amenities and restaurants. We truly have everything you could need to enjoy your time in Miami. Our location is in the heart of Downtown and only one bridge over from the beach.

I am most proud of the level of service you received from our staff. I couldn't be happier to hear that everyone from Aime, Erika, and Matej were nothing but warm and welcoming towards you. This is a prime example of the quality of service we provide at the InterContinental Miami, and the genuine team we employ.

I'd love to know more about how you booked your stay with us and offer my assistance with future bookings. Please contact me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I do hope it won't be too long before you stay with us again.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very good hotel, booked in the last minute, but met my expectations on the service quality and the food.Very good hotel, booked in the last minute, but met my expectations on the service quality and the food.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear vanukuru,

Thank you for sharing the positive experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we have met your expectations and provided you with a 5-star experience.

I would love to obtain more details on how you booked with us and offer my assistance with any future reservations. Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to having you as our guest again on your next visit to Miami.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night pre-cruise. This hotel is very close to the port and surprisingly family friendly.

Pros:
- only a few minutes drive to cruise port
- within walking distance to Bayside Market
- Bayfront Park is a very nice park to walk through and has a nice playground for kids
- mini crib with metal frame is available upon request
- Starbucks in the lobby is convenient for a quick breakfast
- room is a good size and nicely furnished
- bathroom is large and modern
- robes are included
- good sized safe in the bathroom closet
- bed was comfortable
- controls for blackout curtain accessible from the bed

Cons:
- valet parking is extremely expensive and self parking is not available
- difficult to drive to (would recommend taking a cab to this hotel)
** beware of toilet. i was awaken through out the night by a loud periodic screeching noise. In the morning i found out that the toilet made that noise each time it released pressure. I would check to make sure your toilet is not making this noise before you go to bed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear lovestoresearch,

Thank you for sharing your complimentary feedback on your stay with us at the InterContinental Miami. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel’s location and accommodations both convenient and well suited for your travels. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise caused by your toilet. I am sorry if you felt our valet charge was overpriced, we do research other hotels and offerings and try to keep our prices as competitive as possible.

In an effort to obtain more details of how you booked with us and for future assistance please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com. I'm happy to have had you as our guest, and I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They followed up quickly on all of our small requests. Rooms were clean, bed was perfect. The fitness room is as complete as any that I have seen (free weights 5-90 lbs, bench press, adjustable benches, Smith machine with good variety of plates 5-45 lbs and ~15 ellipticals and treadmills with video screens).

Miami has excellent bike paths so we rented a couple high-end A2B electric bicycles at the hotel and rode 15 miles out to Key Biscayne to see the lighthouse and park. What a fun experience and I will definitely rent the bikes again because the electric power was so easy to control and made all of the bridge climbs a piece of cake. I passed many folks who were huffing and puffing their way up the bridges, but I didn't sweat one drop and I just dinged my bell as I past by them. Ray made this experience so fun by taking extra time explaining the route and providing detailed maps including specific areas of interests (i.e., the best fruity Mojito drink bar in Miami, movie star homes, etc.).

Dear Mike M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear you were able to find a little time to enjoy yourself and venture into the city and try out some of our amenities like the electric bikes and state of the art fitness center. The Key Biscayne bike trail is my favorite! A great way to see Miami and understand why it is one of the top places to visit in the world. I couldn't be happier to hear that Ray was nothing but warm and welcoming towards you and gave you some great In the Know tips about the city! This is a prime example of the quality of service we provide at the InterContinental Miami, and the genuine team we employ.

I would love to obtain additional details about how you booked your stay with us and offer my personal assistance with any future bookings. Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I am glad you had an exceptional time and hope that you will return again soon.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The rooms here are very nice- the bed was super comfy also. I was involved in hosting an event in one of the conference rooms here as well, and the service was excellent. If you have to hot an event here with AV I recommend the PSAV technician, George Marban, he was very helpful and attentive and definitely went the extra mile to make the event a success.

Dear Breese R,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a wonderful team in our Meetings and Event Services and PSAV departments and I am pleased to hear that they delivered exceptional service during your event. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to George and congratulate him on a job well done!

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I hope to have the pleasure to serve you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a few days in Miami before driving down to the Keys and decided to stay at the Intercontinental. It is a busy place, close to the cruise ship terminals, city center and stadium but once you cross through the lobby and up to your room..it has a really nice zen feel. The front desk staff was great and very accommodating. We were traveling as a small group with "grandma" and they were great about arranging adjacent rooms, etc. We had rooms on a high floor overlooking the harbor. Great view. The concierge floor was fantastic. Breakfast, light snacks, happy hour...service and staff in the lounge was great and it was possible to wander in and out for bottled water and a place to hang out. Very comfortable too. We were actually sad to leave. We tried to get reservations for our return stay from Key West, but they were fully booked. Next time, I hope.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the harbor, high floor. No noise from the city or parties going on in the area...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear APassportAffair,

Thank you for joining us during your recent visit to Miami. We are definitely in the heart of Downtown Miami and walking distance to all that the city has to offer however, the calming zen feel of the rooms along with the beautiful view of the Harbor makes for a quiet and peaceful getaway in the midst of the city! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt that you received great service. The level of service that is delivered in the Club Lounge is superb and I'm glad you had the privilege of experiencing it firsthand. We have a wonderful team at the hotel and I want to thank you for pointing out a few that made your experience amazing.

I would love to obtain additional details of your stay and would be pleased if you could email at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com. I hope to see you back again soon. Thank you again for your feedback, it is very valuable to us.

Somerset, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had booked a club room and were on one of the top floors - and what a view! - looking over the port to Miami Beach. The room was large and comfortable and almost next door to the club which was excellent with friendly and attentive staff. Breakfast was good but maybe not quite as good as some club breakfasts.

We ate once in the Toro Toro restaurant which was OK but would recommend Il Gabbiano which is directly behind the hotel. The hotel is a short walk to Bayside shops and restaurants although this is starting to look a little tired. It's also a walk to the Perez Art Museum - highly recommended.

Overall, a great city hotel and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room for a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Spineynorman,

I thank you very much for your 5-star review and your kind words about our property. I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. I'm delighted that you were able to relax in our Club Lounge and enjoy the beautiful views from the comfort of your room. Your comments have been shared with our team and I hope to see you again soon!

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!