We stayed here for one night pre-cruise. This hotel is very close to the port and surprisingly family friendly.
- only a few minutes drive to cruise port
- within walking distance to Bayside Market
- Bayfront Park is a very nice park to walk through and has a nice playground for kids
- mini crib with metal frame is available upon request
- Starbucks in the lobby is convenient for a quick breakfast
- room is a good size and nicely furnished
- bathroom is large and modern
- robes are included
- good sized safe in the bathroom closet
- bed was comfortable
- controls for blackout curtain accessible from the bed
- valet parking is extremely expensive and self parking is not available
- difficult to drive to (would recommend taking a cab to this hotel)
** beware of toilet. i was awaken through out the night by a loud periodic screeching noise. In the morning i found out that the toilet made that noise each time it released pressure. I would check to make sure your toilet is not making this noise before you go to bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels Miami is truly one of the world's most vibrant tropical playgrounds. In this stunning locale, a pulsing nightlife, brilliant white-sand beaches, and sizzling culture combine for the perfect getaway. Stay at the InterContinental Miami to savor the best of this colorful city. Our alluring downtown Miami hotel offers richly appointed accommodations and breathtaking views of Biscayne Bay. Immerse yourself in luxurious elegance - just minutes from South Beach, the Port of Miami, Coconut Grove, and Coral Gables. Boasting 641 newly redecorated guest rooms and suites, we're an oasis of sophistication and world-class service. Discover this enchanting downtown Miami Florida hotel, in a magical setting: * Overlooking Biscayne Bay, in the heart of Miami, Florida * Minutes from South Beach, the Port of Miami, Coconut Grove, and Coral Gables* Only 7.5 miles from Miami International Airport (MIA)* Just 25 miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)Indulge In Unrivaled Luxury At Our Hotel In Downtown Miami Our 34-story downtown Miami hotel provides dazzling views and spacious guest rooms and suites. Take advantage of 101,000 square feet of meeting space. Rejuvenate in our state-of-the-art fitness center and mySpa. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, this deluxe hotel in downtown Miami offers everything you need for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.