“Good pre-cruise hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Good pre-cruise hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night pre-cruise. This hotel is very close to the port and surprisingly family friendly.

Pros:
- only a few minutes drive to cruise port
- within walking distance to Bayside Market
- Bayfront Park is a very nice park to walk through and has a nice playground for kids
- mini crib with metal frame is available upon request
- Starbucks in the lobby is convenient for a quick breakfast
- room is a good size and nicely furnished
- bathroom is large and modern
- robes are included
- good sized safe in the bathroom closet
- bed was comfortable
- controls for blackout curtain accessible from the bed

Cons:
- valet parking is extremely expensive and self parking is not available
- difficult to drive to (would recommend taking a cab to this hotel)
** beware of toilet. i was awaken through out the night by a loud periodic screeching noise. In the morning i found out that the toilet made that noise each time it released pressure. I would check to make sure your toilet is not making this noise before you go to bed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear lovestoresearch,

Thank you for sharing your complimentary feedback on your stay with us at the InterContinental Miami. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel’s location and accommodations both convenient and well suited for your travels. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise caused by your toilet. I am sorry if you felt our valet charge was overpriced, we do research other hotels and offerings and try to keep our prices as competitive as possible.

In an effort to obtain more details of how you booked with us and for future assistance please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com. I'm happy to have had you as our guest, and I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

2,476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Polish first
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They followed up quickly on all of our small requests. Rooms were clean, bed was perfect. The fitness room is as complete as any that I have seen (free weights 5-90 lbs, bench press, adjustable benches, Smith machine with good variety of plates 5-45 lbs and ~15 ellipticals and treadmills with video screens).

Miami has excellent bike paths so we rented a couple high-end A2B electric bicycles at the hotel and rode 15 miles out to Key Biscayne to see the lighthouse and park. What a fun experience and I will definitely rent the bikes again because the electric power was so easy to control and made all of the bridge climbs a piece of cake. I passed many folks who were huffing and puffing their way up the bridges, but I didn't sweat one drop and I just dinged my bell as I past by them. Ray made this experience so fun by taking extra time explaining the route and providing detailed maps including specific areas of interests (i.e., the best fruity Mojito drink bar in Miami, movie star homes, etc.).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear you were able to find a little time to enjoy yourself and venture into the city and try out some of our amenities like the electric bikes and state of the art fitness center. The Key Biscayne bike trail is my favorite! A great way to see Miami and understand why it is one of the top places to visit in the world. I couldn't be happier to hear that Ray was nothing but warm and welcoming towards you and gave you some great In the Know tips about the city! This is a prime example of the quality of service we provide at the InterContinental Miami, and the genuine team we employ.

I would love to obtain additional details about how you booked your stay with us and offer my personal assistance with any future bookings. Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I am glad you had an exceptional time and hope that you will return again soon.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The rooms here are very nice- the bed was super comfy also. I was involved in hosting an event in one of the conference rooms here as well, and the service was excellent. If you have to hot an event here with AV I recommend the PSAV technician, George Marban, he was very helpful and attentive and definitely went the extra mile to make the event a success.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Breese R,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a wonderful team in our Meetings and Event Services and PSAV departments and I am pleased to hear that they delivered exceptional service during your event. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to George and congratulate him on a job well done!

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I hope to have the pleasure to serve you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a few days in Miami before driving down to the Keys and decided to stay at the Intercontinental. It is a busy place, close to the cruise ship terminals, city center and stadium but once you cross through the lobby and up to your room..it has a really nice zen feel. The front desk staff was great and very accommodating. We were traveling as a small group with "grandma" and they were great about arranging adjacent rooms, etc. We had rooms on a high floor overlooking the harbor. Great view. The concierge floor was fantastic. Breakfast, light snacks, happy hour...service and staff in the lounge was great and it was possible to wander in and out for bottled water and a place to hang out. Very comfortable too. We were actually sad to leave. We tried to get reservations for our return stay from Key West, but they were fully booked. Next time, I hope.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the harbor, high floor. No noise from the city or parties going on in the area...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear APassportAffair,

Thank you for joining us during your recent visit to Miami. We are definitely in the heart of Downtown Miami and walking distance to all that the city has to offer however, the calming zen feel of the rooms along with the beautiful view of the Harbor makes for a quiet and peaceful getaway in the midst of the city! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt that you received great service. The level of service that is delivered in the Club Lounge is superb and I'm glad you had the privilege of experiencing it firsthand. We have a wonderful team at the hotel and I want to thank you for pointing out a few that made your experience amazing.

I would love to obtain additional details of your stay and would be pleased if you could email at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com. I hope to see you back again soon. Thank you again for your feedback, it is very valuable to us.

Somerset, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had booked a club room and were on one of the top floors - and what a view! - looking over the port to Miami Beach. The room was large and comfortable and almost next door to the club which was excellent with friendly and attentive staff. Breakfast was good but maybe not quite as good as some club breakfasts.

We ate once in the Toro Toro restaurant which was OK but would recommend Il Gabbiano which is directly behind the hotel. The hotel is a short walk to Bayside shops and restaurants although this is starting to look a little tired. It's also a walk to the Perez Art Museum - highly recommended.

Overall, a great city hotel and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room for a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Spineynorman,

I thank you very much for your 5-star review and your kind words about our property. I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. I'm delighted that you were able to relax in our Club Lounge and enjoy the beautiful views from the comfort of your room. Your comments have been shared with our team and I hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were departing on a cruise to the Caribbean from Miami and wanted to arrive the day - so looked for a nice hotel located close to the Miami Ship Terminal. This hotel was very attractive and our room was comfortable and clean. It was only about a 10 minute trip to our ship. Concierge desk was very helpful about places to eat and our breakfast there (which included a nice buffet) was very good. This hotel has lots of conferences/meetings so I think it can be crowded - it is right on the water and you can see all the cruise ships at their berths.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view and higher up - our room overlooked the inner pool area -
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear triciadc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm delighted to hear that our hotel's location was well suited for your needs and that you know you can count on us for a clean and comfortable stay. I will be sure to share your satisfaction with our team and thank them for giving you a warm welcome and preview into what InterContinental service is all about. We pride ourselves on having a wonderful team, and I am glad you were able to experience it first hand.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Carmel, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I was amazed how big and beautiful the hotel lobby was when I arrived. There is a magnificent Henry Moore sculpture in the lobby, 70 tons of Marble!! My front desk check in went smoothly. Rodrigo was a gentleman who was very pleasant and helpful.

My room was a bay view room with spectacular views and very clean and fresh smelling. I had dinner at the Toro Toro restaurant in the hotel and it was quite delicious. The lobby staff are very friendly and helpful. I was told by one of the bellman about the electric bikes the hotel has and was reluctant to try, but after the bellman said the guests love it , i decided to try it. They had me speak to a gentleman named Ray who was so informative on the places to go and the sights to see i was excited to ride it.

I am so happy I did it! Ray was very patient with me and incredibly knowledgable of the area with precise directions that got me to the Key Biscayne lighthouse . He is a true gentleman. I was able to visit amazing beaches and an old zoo and got to see many beautiful sites and views as well as local animals. The bike was a blast to ride ! It went 20 mph and i didn't have to pedal at all!

Thank You Intercontinental for a great stay! Also many thanks to the wonderful staff for making it a fantastic stay! I will be back ,and most definitely ride one of your fun bikes again!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear JMB197,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am delighted to hear that you received a warm welcome and efficient check-in at the hands of Rodrigo. He is definitely one of our shining stars and I'm happy that you had the opportunity to meet him. The Henry Moore Spindle sculpture is one of our crown jewels and acts as a beautiful centerpiece for our newly renovated lobby.

I am so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the beautiful view from your room and a few of the hotel's many amenities including Toro Toro and the electric bikes. Ray is wonderful and is great with our guests, it's truly a pleasure to work with him! The Key Biscayne bike trail is my favorite! A great way to see Miami and understand why it is one of the top places to visit in the world.

I'd love to obtain more details of how you booked your stay with us and offer my assistance with any future bookings. Please don't hesitate to email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so that I can ensure you receive exceptional service once again.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!