“Room with a view” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Somerset, UK
“Room with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had booked a club room and were on one of the top floors - and what a view! - looking over the port to Miami Beach. The room was large and comfortable and almost next door to the club which was excellent with friendly and attentive staff. Breakfast was good but maybe not quite as good as some club breakfasts.

We ate once in the Toro Toro restaurant which was OK but would recommend Il Gabbiano which is directly behind the hotel. The hotel is a short walk to Bayside shops and restaurants although this is starting to look a little tired. It's also a walk to the Perez Art Museum - highly recommended.

Overall, a great city hotel and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room for a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Spineynorman,

I thank you very much for your 5-star review and your kind words about our property. I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. I'm delighted that you were able to relax in our Club Lounge and enjoy the beautiful views from the comfort of your room. Your comments have been shared with our team and I hope to see you again soon!

2,472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were departing on a cruise to the Caribbean from Miami and wanted to arrive the day - so looked for a nice hotel located close to the Miami Ship Terminal. This hotel was very attractive and our room was comfortable and clean. It was only about a 10 minute trip to our ship. Concierge desk was very helpful about places to eat and our breakfast there (which included a nice buffet) was very good. This hotel has lots of conferences/meetings so I think it can be crowded - it is right on the water and you can see all the cruise ships at their berths.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view and higher up - our room overlooked the inner pool area -
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear triciadc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm delighted to hear that our hotel's location was well suited for your needs and that you know you can count on us for a clean and comfortable stay. I will be sure to share your satisfaction with our team and thank them for giving you a warm welcome and preview into what InterContinental service is all about. We pride ourselves on having a wonderful team, and I am glad you were able to experience it first hand.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Carmel, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I was amazed how big and beautiful the hotel lobby was when I arrived. There is a magnificent Henry Moore sculpture in the lobby, 70 tons of Marble!! My front desk check in went smoothly. Rodrigo was a gentleman who was very pleasant and helpful.

My room was a bay view room with spectacular views and very clean and fresh smelling. I had dinner at the Toro Toro restaurant in the hotel and it was quite delicious. The lobby staff are very friendly and helpful. I was told by one of the bellman about the electric bikes the hotel has and was reluctant to try, but after the bellman said the guests love it , i decided to try it. They had me speak to a gentleman named Ray who was so informative on the places to go and the sights to see i was excited to ride it.

I am so happy I did it! Ray was very patient with me and incredibly knowledgable of the area with precise directions that got me to the Key Biscayne lighthouse . He is a true gentleman. I was able to visit amazing beaches and an old zoo and got to see many beautiful sites and views as well as local animals. The bike was a blast to ride ! It went 20 mph and i didn't have to pedal at all!

Thank You Intercontinental for a great stay! Also many thanks to the wonderful staff for making it a fantastic stay! I will be back ,and most definitely ride one of your fun bikes again!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear JMB197,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am delighted to hear that you received a warm welcome and efficient check-in at the hands of Rodrigo. He is definitely one of our shining stars and I'm happy that you had the opportunity to meet him. The Henry Moore Spindle sculpture is one of our crown jewels and acts as a beautiful centerpiece for our newly renovated lobby.

I am so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the beautiful view from your room and a few of the hotel's many amenities including Toro Toro and the electric bikes. Ray is wonderful and is great with our guests, it's truly a pleasure to work with him! The Key Biscayne bike trail is my favorite! A great way to see Miami and understand why it is one of the top places to visit in the world.

I'd love to obtain more details of how you booked your stay with us and offer my assistance with any future bookings. Please don't hesitate to email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so that I can ensure you receive exceptional service once again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My company was having a conference at the Hotel Intercontinental in Miami. We had some A/V needs and the company PSAV took care of us while here. I wanted to say a huge Thank You to Nicholas Riesco of PSAV. He went above and beyond and was incredibly competent and professional. Thank you to PSAV and the Hotel Intercontinental.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Conley Z,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that our PSAV team was able to accommodate your needs during your conference and that you received great service from Nicholas!

I hope that you will keep us at the top of your list for your next meeting or event.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in March 2014. The hotel is beautiful, with a great location in downtown. More importantly though, John A and Ilana T. provided amazing service at check-in, truly amazing service! By the time I left the counter, I had signed up for the Ambassador rewards membership, received a nice upgrade, and was given access to the Club Room for my stay. It was an amazing stay. The room was beautiful with a stunning view. And the club room was fantastic. The breakfast and evening appetizers were a great way to start the day and the evening. My stay here could not have been better. I will stay here the next time I am back in Miami.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear JRP_LA2014,

Thank you so much for the wonderful remarks regarding our beautiful property and exceptional service. Nothing makes me happier than great reviews like yours. It reminds me that we have a great team of people here who take pride and ownership in their work while going above and beyond to satisfy the needs of our guests. Thank you for mentioning a few who made your stay memorable!

Thank you for enrolling as an Ambassador member, I hope that means you will be returning to us many times in the future and utilizing your new perks. As a valued member I'm glad you were able to enjoy your upgrade and additional amenities including Club Lounge access.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and as a valued guest I welcome you to reach out to me should you ever need anything. Prior to your next visit, I hope you will reach out to me during the booking process so I may ensure I can meet you and exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami, afterall...you are family now.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here for the Miami Marathon. Perfect location and beautiful decor but our $500 suite had roaches. Completely disgusting. Staff was not surprised and asked for size of the roaches we saw. Hotel "offered" an insulting 10% refund. Will never go back.

Stayed January 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Ebsheehan11,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We regret to see the cleanliness of the accommodations prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to obtain some additional information and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you soon.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend vacation with my girlfriend at the beginning of March.
The hotel is situated right on the water, and offers amazing views of the bay. It is also right in the middle of downtown Miami, so walking to the American Airlines arena for the Heat game was a breeze.
Check in was easy enough. There is no self parking option, and the valet costs $39 a night, which is a little steep but on part with other valet facilities downtown. The hotel is right next to the Bay Park metro-mover station, which is convenient.
The room itself is fairly nice spacious. The bathroom is large, as is the bathtub.
We walked through the spa but didn't use it, but we did use the pool which was very nice. The bar by the pool had a nice view, too.
The front of the hotel can get a bit hectic. It's a busy hotel, and there isn't always someone to open the door or help with the luggage. All of the staff is extremely courteous, though.
This hotel is definitely for people who want to stay close to downtown. It's not a cheap option, but you get what you pay for with cleanliness, service, and location.

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Nadav K,

Many thanks for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Miami. I am delighted that we were able to give you the best start to your weekend getaway.

It is always nice to see our guests enjoyed their stay and for you to refer to us as a "fantastic hotel" is great for our team to see their high levels of service really do make a difference.

I do hope it won't be too long before you can visit us once again, we very much look forward to welcoming you.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!