“Outstanding Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Hawaii Kai, Hawaii
“Outstanding Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am an individual who travels more than what I incline to, being away from home so much, it's not always desirable to pack up once again and head anywhere for my vacation time. However, my family decided this summer was cruise time, even though we live in beautiful Hawaii, and it was time to once again pack my luggage. After long travels, we arrived at the Intercontinental Miami. I was then greeted by a gentleman named Rodrigo, the Lobby Ambassador, and we interacted a few times with him throughout our stay. Not only was he extremely professional, very knowledgeable and an employee who you can see has a true passion for what he does, but was the highlight of our stay in Miami. He described the property in detail and informed us of what your hotel has to offer, made us feel welcome and at home by accommodating us, catered to our every need, was very sweet with our children and made great recommendations for our dinner at Toro Toro and for my wife's spa day at mySpa. I interact with many different hotels and their employees, and since it isn't my home, I always find something that needs to be improved. I was not only happy with the property and the other employees I came across, but I found it necessary to recognize this individual and his great work, I have nothing but great things to say about your hotel.

Keep up the great work, Intercontinental Miami!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Kudos to Leonar (reception). She made me feel welcome the moment I walked up to the reception desk. She was very accommodating to make sure I had an excellent experience at this beautiful hotel. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here pre-cruise and had a very nice stay. The hotel is gorgeous and very well kept. Clean and convenient to the cruise port. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms are really lovely. Got this through Hotwire.com for $99 really great price! All in all very nice!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have gorgeous views!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel was simply amazing! From the time we checked in we recieved top notch service. All of the valet staff were very friendly and helpful. When checking in and out Yessica at the front desk was very professional and accommodating and all smiles. We had club lounge access and really enjoyed the perks of that. Ingrid and Hector were there to satisfy our every need from directions to local attractions. Mauricio the concierges was very kind and helpful as well. The hotel has so much to offer and its located very close to great night life and restaurants. I will definitely be back and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Clarenville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here following a cruise. Front desk agent Yessie was super nice during our check-in! The room was amazing (bathroom alone was larger than our room on the cruise ship!). Thanks to Yessie we had a great view of the port of Miami, and nearby Bayside Marketplace. Would highly recommend this hotel for its service, location and quality.

• Stayed August 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've been to Miami a number of times, predominantly business, and this was my best experience and 1st time staying downtown. The lobby, bar/restaurant, pool, room, views, & business center were all great. The entire staff was excellent; particularly Lester & Piton at Valet & Summer at Toro Toro. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at InterContinental for an annual friends getaway, I've stayed at many different hotels in Miami and was very happy with my stay. Overall the interactions with the staff were genuine and helpful. The concierge was very eager to please and suggest some local restaurants we could try. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The bay views were spectacular at night. My only note "complaint" would be the young lady who checked us in was not very pleasant and seemed like she was having a bad day or at least I felt her service was not as great as I witnessed with the couple she checked in before me. Overall, I would suggest this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!