“Exceptional service at Intercontinental, Miami (D S)” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Oklahoma
“Exceptional service at Intercontinental, Miami (D S)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

From the moment I entered into the reception area I found the staff to be very welcoming and professional in their approach. The young lady who checked me in was very pleasant and helpful. Most especially, I want to commend a young lady by the name of Ms Myslande, whom I had the opportunity to speak with while ordering room service. She had an exceptionally friendly approach while taking my order.

Room Tip: Rooms with as view of the Miami bay is fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Brenda P,

Thank you for the exceptional review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed a memorable stay with us. We will make sure to share your comments with Myslande. Indeed, our entire staff is equally friendly and gracious. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with more great service in the near future.

2,482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is comfortable and well located for the Bayside market complex. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge. However the $15 charge to use the gym and the $1 per bag storage somewhat took the shine off the stay!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear AJbgooner,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service to all of our guests and are happy doing so. I'm sorry for the inconvenience our hotel amenities policy may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.
Thank you again for your review.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've stayed at the IC Miami about 6 times in the last few months; mostly for work, but often staying over the weekends for fun.

With their newly completed renovation the hotel itself is stunning. It fits in perfectly with the flashy Miami scene. The lobby is open and welcoming with a great bar and restaurant. The rooms are all great as well. I usually get a harbor view room, which has an amazing view of South Beach and the ocean. The club lounge is also definitely worth the extra money; great breakfast every morning, tea in the afternoons, and wine, beer, cocktails, and appetizers in the evenings. Perfect way to unwind after work and to relax before going out on the weekends.

The service and food at Toro Toro is also amazing. I don't usually eat or drink in hotels, but this bar is always packed and my friends are always happy to meet me here and enjoy the scene and the drinks. Dinner and brunch are also great. The $35 bottomless brunch is a great twist on the usual all you can eat; rather than a buffet they bring dozens of small plates so you can try a bit of everything. There are so many great things and you can actually try them all!

The location is also great for those on business and staying over the weekend. It's right between Brickell and South Beach, which is perfect for access to downtown offices during the week and Brickell and South Beach during the weekend.

If you're looking to experience Miami for business or leisure I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms have a great view. The club access is definitely worth the money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Today I took my second advantage of Miami Spa month by having the Raindrop massage. My therapist was Carolina, for both experiences and I must say that she is excellent. She is very professional and exudes her desire to ensure that her client has the best possible experience. I recommend her highly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent Location. Excellent Service. What can I say this was my first time staying at this hotel. It was indeed the perfect location. All within walking distance for Shopping and food at Bayside, for Business downtown, In transit to Cruise ships at the port of Miami. The hotel staff from the word go was absolutely perfect. The room I had was extremely clean and had an exceptional view of the waterfront. The hotel has a well stocked Bar with great bar tenders. The pool and spa area is also a wonderful setting to relax and have an afternoon swim or drink at the bar. I most definitely would be staying there again once I'm in Miami.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the IC for 2 nights after a cruise. First thing we noticed was how friendly and helpful some of the staff was, specially Mark the portier. He helped with the lugagge in a very professional and not pressing way (unlike many of his almost oppressive colleagues - with some you feel like getting assaulted from all sides and taking your bags from you, if I don't hand over my bags and say stuff like I'm fine thx means that I will take care myself of business: they managed to scratch my rental convertible on both sides while they roughhandled my luggage in there...). Back to the portier Mark, he took his time and advised great information on concierge level (one of the female concierges on the other hand was very downlooking and did not deliver usefull information). The reception staff was very professional and check in was a breeze.

We took a basic room and asked in advance for a quite and higher floor. We got floor 11 which was ok, as you have to pay for higher floors and sea view. We had a partial sea view also. The room was very big for one in the cheapest rate and very clean. The hotel seems a bit old and is badly noise isolated (coming back from a cruise we were very surprised to hear tv and talking in the adjacent rooms).

Breakfast was included and consisted of a buffet and omlet station. All in all very good. When a group assaults it, just wait 5 minutes, they refill quick. Although it is included they ask you to sign the reciept with the full price (which I crossed out and put a zero in, as imo a signature means you accept the amount). The selection seems pretty small but the ingredients (bread, fruit, jam etc) are high quality and some brands. For the over 60USD it would have been if not included we would probably have eaten out. They alternate pancakes and french toast. For the lower points: the yogurt ist just on plain display...not even some ice...so it gets warm (and cold again when put back), the second day I asked for three egs and i had to bring them back once (and finally left them aside) as they were still uncooked inside, the cook was more busy talking to his collegaue...

You have to pay extra for internet gym etc as many reviews posted it. You know it in advance and you do not have to take it so I wont complain about it. The pey per view movies are around 20USD, which I found very exagerated, but again, you can choose not to watch one. Internet was fast and they provided a complimentary code for a second device to use. The gym was the best eqquiped I saw in our holidays in Orlando and on the ship, actually it was the best in all of my travels, this comes from a weightlifting point of view ;) it has full equiped benches with fixed bars, free weights, enough space to do your exercices etc.

The pool is rather small but on a big and nice terrace. It has a nice little cafe next to it with a great sea view.

The starbucks has pretty limited opening hours for the US and for a hotel, no latte for us sunday afternoon.

We ate at the Toro restaurant in the hotel, reservations highly recommended by the staff....yeah right we were less than 10 people in there. Food was ok, very well presented, friendly waiting staff, prices ok for the location and quality.

You can take a shuttle to the Dolphin Mall which we did for 10USD each (Taxi 42USD one way, how do I know ? I played Mr Oh I do not want to be tied to fix hours and on Maps it didn't look so far away...yeah right we took the shuttle back :)

We were able to leave our big suitcases at the hotel for 5USD each for our 2 day trip to Key West, which was great.

Close to the hotel is a nice park and just after it a little shopping area, there are some brands but mostly cheap tourist stuff. Good for postcards, not more. Do not eat at the food court the food is realy not equivallent to other Mall food courts. The vendors will harrass you to eat at their place, not a good sign. The Big Bus tour leaves from there, take the beach tour as the city tour is just buildings (what did I expect) and consider another company as they do not have AC.

Check out was easy and quick thanks to the grat reception staff again.

Great Hotel, some flaws, would stay there again for a cruise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great stay at this property. Perfect for cruise travelers, as it's a short cab ride to the port of Miami (5 mins). Public areas and rooms very clean. Dining and bar excellent. Entire hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Executive lounge was one of the best I have been to. Also less than 5 mins away from AA Arena, Bongo's Cuban Cafe and other good restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with water view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!