“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
scotland
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night prior to cruise, will definitely return for a longer stay. The valet parking is very convenient but at $36 per night could start to add up if staying a few nights. Our room was on 24th floor with views of bayside park and downtown. We did not eat in the hotel as Bayside marketplace was a safe 5 minute walk from hotel. Location handy for port of Miami and walking distance to AA arena. Very grand lobby area, all in all was really impressed by this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear VADOUGIE,

We are glad you kicked-off your cruise vacation by choosing to stay with the InterContinental Miami. Thank you for sharing your amazing comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your entire stay and even more thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy the Bayside marketplace and the AA arena. We are also glad you enjoyed the recently renovated hotel additions. Next time you decide to travel to Miami we hope you choose to stay with us, also don’t forget to try our very own TORO TORO restaurant, featuring tantalizing cuisine by acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval.

2,556 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Polish first
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am a platinum member of the IHG hotel chain and stay a considerable number of nights (over 60 a year to be platinum) each year in their hotels. It is sad because the hotel itself is very beautiful but there are simply too many problems for a hotel of this caliber and price. It started when I pulled up and there were a multitude of valets and bag handlers. I had to get my bag out of the truck and bring it in to the hotel. Three bag handlers looked right at me and walked away. I got to the front desk to check in, no upgrade (platinum members are to get upgrades). I get up to the room an order room service (grilled cheese with fries and a Cuban pork sandwich with a salad). One hour and 12 minutes later, I call back (was told 20-25 minutes the first time) and she claimed the came to my room and no one was there. Interesting because my wife and I were sitting there waiting the entire time and no one knocked. She then sad they would send it back up. Food arrived, was cold. The salad came with no salad dressing. The Cuban pork sandwich, which is a basic staple in Miami, wasn't even pressed. It was cold to the point that the cheese had just came out of the refrigerator and was basically nothing more than a regular cold ham sandwich. The entire sandwich was cold like you were making a normal one at home. No press whatsoever, not heated, noting. The grilled cheese and fries were both cold and the cheese in the grilled cheese wasn't melted. I broke down and ate the $5 minute can of pringles instead. Was supposed to get free internet because I'm a platinum member and got clipped $17.95 for that. As for the hotel, the room was very nice with a great view of Biscayne Bay. I'd get a higher floor if you do decide to stay here. The room was at least modern (1 closet door broken so once was open couldn't get it to shut) and spacious. The bathroom was well stocked. I would put this on par with a Sofitel without the service of a Sofitel. It is sad that what should be a high end property is a high end problem. People can see the contributions on here and see that I stay at some fairly nice hotels all over the place. Sad, but I won't be back here. Not impressed at all. On a high note, I did get a free bottle of water to say thanks for staying over 60 nights a year in their hotels. That is much better than the $36 valet fee. Almost makes me want to stay here again so I can have horrible service but free water. Sad thing is, I chose his hotel to be loyal to the IHG brand. Was going to stay in South Beach at the Lowes. Guess I learned my lesson.

Room Tip: try to get a higher floor for better views. Pay extra for the room facing Biscayne Bay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear jmoonesq,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected specifically with the food and service you received. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as these concerns will be addressed immediately. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was stying in Miami for business, which usually I visit for pleasue, but I am so very glad i picked this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and full of energy. I did not expect to find such an amazing hotel in downtown Miami.. though cool hotels were all on the beach. In addition to amazing facilities, the staff was superb. The type of service that one only hope for, but never gets. The team there was engaged, warm, friendly... just top notch all the way.

I hope to be able to travel back to Miami just to stay at the fabulous hotel.

By the way, downtown Miami is not what is used to be.. It is alive, vibrant and, in my opinion, the new place to be in Miami....

Room Tip: Harbor view is amazing... worth the upgrade
Dear AlyMarz,

Thank you for this awesome review. We recently renovated our hotel to match the new, vibrant, alive feeling that Miami portrays. Our staff is always full of energy and trained to ensure that each of our guest get a personalized top notch experience. It’s the little things that make our guests remember that we are here for them and we are glad you noticed. We will make sure to share your positive comments with the appropriate staff. We hope you make the InterContinental Miami your first choice when staying in downtown Miami.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, to prepare for my baby shower the next day and must say best experience. Service in the hotel off the charts, security always checking in to see if everything was in order and breakfast at ole was amazing everything was freshly cook and service from Ivelisse Nieves could not be forgotten.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Pastorana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your joyful experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and even more thrilled that our staff was able to make your hotel experience and baby shower that much better. We will make sure to share your gracious comments with Ivelisse Nieves and the rest of the team at Ole. We look forward to welcoming you back to another signature InterContinental Miami experience. Don’t hesitate to contact us to customize your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed for 10 days on our honeymoon and LOVED it. The hotel brought us complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on the first day. The next day we ordered room service and they brought us another bottle to go with our dinner!!! The club access has a wonderful breakfast and happy hour and the attendants were SO polite. The concierge helped us find a great deal on Miami Heat Game 6 tickets! Overall, the service was exceptional and we are looking forward to coming back very soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TravT7,

We are so glad that you spent one of life’s most important moments with us. Here at the InterContinental Miami we make every effort to provide our guests with a personalized top-notch experience and we are thrilled to know that our efforts made your experience that much better. We look forward to providing you with many more great experiences and please reach out to us to customize your next great vacation.
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok, let me start off with saying the hotel is very beautiful! The pool, the room, the staff and everything! However, I probably would not stay here again. The area basically becomes a ghost town after six in the evening which had me wondering what type of area I was in. Also, parking is a major rip off. Either you do the calet for $36 or park in the pay by meter which is $2 per hour and you can only pay for 5 hours at a time. I just expected the area to be more lively and was sadly disappionted.

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Tyler2020,

Thank you very much for writing a review about our hotel. We really appreciate that feedback you have given us as we are always looking for ways we can improve. Our goal is to make sure everyone enjoys their experience at our facility. We are really disappointed to hear about your experience with the hotel atmosphere and parking policy. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Again, we appreciate the feedback as this is crucial for us to improve the services that we offer.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lusby, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for business in July. Front desk staff was charming and accommodating. Had a few drinks and appetizers at the lobby bar, and they were excellent, the bartender came around and brought me a stool because i was standing. I got an upgraded room due to Ambassador Club, nice view, very comfortable bed, great shower and bath, top of the line TV programming. Bell staff was very responsive and friendly. The pool area is average, and service at that bar wasn't quite up to par, which is why i did not rate excellent. I would definitely stay there again and recommend others do. I've stayed at the Courtyard nearby, and also the big Marriott on Brickell and i like this hotel the best of the three.

Room Tip: obviously water view rooms are best, but they are premium rate.
Green Features: Recycling trash bins were provided. It seemed to me that the toilet and sink had low flow features, although the shower had great pressure.
Dear Jadedtravelista,

We are glad you stayed a full three nights with the InterContinental Miami. Thank you for the comments on your overall experience and the positive comparison to some of our big competitors. The Toro Toro Bar is a delightful place to wind down, relax and have delicious cocktails and appetizers. We will make sure to share your comments with our bell and bar staff. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance in planning a future vacation.

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!