“Excelent hotel and service” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 131 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excelent hotel and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is the hotel to stay in Miami!! You get what you paid for, it is in Downtown area next to Bayside market place so you dont have to drive ir you are planning to have fun and drink.
I had so much fun at the Miami heats parade, im planning to go back next weekend and of course will stay at this Hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Roberto R.,

Wow, thank you for your excellent comments. We love reading comments like yours. We are thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience Miami during the Miami Heat parade, it really is a one of a kind experience and so much fun. There is so much to do in Miami and we are located in the center of it all. We look forward to being your hotel of choice on future trips to Miami.

2,207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Polish first
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently stayed here for a conference. I was on the 20th floor with a direct view of the bay. Overall, had an excellent stay. The rooms are nice sized, clean, beds comfortable. The staff was courteous and very responsive to my requests. At night, there were neon blinking lights outside of my window (I believe in celebration of the Miami Heat championship), but they did not interrupt my sleep once the blinds were closed. The only minor issue I had was with the TV - most channels displayed a message of 'no signal received'. The food (breakfast & lunch) served during the conference left much to be desired. However, I had breakfast in one of their onsite restaurants and it was very good. Pricey (around $30 for waffle, bacon, & orange juice), but very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: High floor with direct bay (front) view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear budgetbuddy01,

Thank you for great review and the recommendation. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you the comments about our courteous staff, spacious and comfortable guestrooms and modern upgrades to our facilities. We will make sure to share your other comments with our staff to improve future guests' experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another signature InterContinental experience and don't hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance in planning a future vacation to Miami.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference that was taking place in the hotel. The hotel is off by itself near the water which is an asset as the view from the room is very nice. My sleeping room was comfortable and large and the long window was a nice bonus because I could sit at the desk and work and have a great view outside.

I had room service twice and the staff was friendly and the food was good. I would definitely come back to stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear TravelinLeather,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself during your business trip. Indeed, our hotel is located on Biscayne Bay with great views of the water from a majority of our guestrooms. We are also glad that you took note of our spacious and comfortable guestrooms. We look forward to providing many more wonderful and service oriented business trips.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very expensive but, the Intercontinental hotel is very good located in Downtown, walking distance to Bay-side and a few night bars. It is also 15 min from South Beach. They provide great service and a wonderful location for events and parties. Very complete hotel, spacious rooms, and great food. They have a nice restaurant and bar at the lobby level and a lovely small informal restaurant on the fifth floor by the pool, yet covered and air-conditioned with a great view of the sea. I can recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jarret R,

We love comments like yours! Indeed, our hotel is perfect for a nice weekend. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your entire stay with us. Located in the heart of downtown Miami, we are close to many of the area's top attractions and still close to South Beach, only a 15-minute drive. We're not only a leisure hotel for travelers; it's also a great spot for hosting events of all types. We are glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the many amenities available at the hotel. We thank you for the recommendation and hope to host many more fantastic weekend getaways.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Enjoyed very reasonable rates and a pleasurable stay over two nights, June 17 and June 18, 2013, for the NBA Miami Heat game at American Airlines Arena. Front desk personnel (especially Ingrid and Leticia) were friendly, helpful and professional and extended you a cordial welcome to the hotel...Alex Sierra and the Valet crew were courteous and helpful with parking and retrieving my car when needed. I certainly enjoyed the great view from my room on the 22nd floor...and my king size bed was superb!...you just sink down into utter comfort which you derive from the king size pillows, the never-ending mattress and even the sheets!...can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Prices in the restaurant were very high but I located fast food places -McDonalds and Subway- with...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ted H,

Wow, we love reading comments like yours. We are glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy Miami Heat games at the nearby American Airlines Arena. The energy in the city is so great and fun. We will make sure to share your comments about our outstanding staff with our team. We agree, our guestrooms are extremely comfortable and superb. We also can't wait for you to visit again. We hope that it will be soon.
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here recently because it was the hotel where a conference that I attended, was held. Like most good hotels, the room was nicely appointed and the lobby was great, but that's where it ended for me. On my first night, I saw a weird, bright blinking light coming through my window. I stayed in a room with a view of the bay. I closed both layers of drapes and blinds and the light still came through around the edges of the blinds. It was a really disturbing night's sleep. When I asked about it the next morning, they said that they would have someone fix it for me. Later that evening, I realized that it was what looked like cool neon signage that runs along the hotel - spanning several floors - that was causing the bright blinking light in my room. Acchhhh!!! Another bad night's sleep. I can't believe that hotel management didn't know what that advertising was doing to the in-room experience. Secondly, I ate lunch with a client in the poolside restaurant. Service was terrible and the quality of the food was not good. Thirdly, I asked for a final invoice to be emailed to me (gave them my business card) and it ever arrived. I had to place a call to get it, so that I could submit my expenses.There are so many really great hotels in that area. I would definitely not choose to stay here again, unless there was nothing else available.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors - far away from the neon ads running along the building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dimebueno,

We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We value your comments as gifts and will make sure that they are shared with our staff. We are continually re-evaluating our policies to ensure that our guests have a top notch experience each and every single time. The digital canvas on the exterior of our hotel was part of our massive renovation and we can assure you that the lighting problem experienced has been resolved. We hope that you will consider staying with us again and encourage you to personally reach out to us should you need any assistance in planning a future vacation to Miami.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Heat Parade mixed with work. Great stay as usual. I love being a Priority member with access to the club. The staff in the club are great and the recent renovations are great. Big thanks to William on the door and Giovan and Jani on the valet ramp. Love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear jovanciz,

Thank you for sharing your great comments. We are so glad that you had the opportunity to mix your business trip with a little bit of pleasure. The energy in the city is amazing during the NBA Finals. We are also thrilled that you are an IHG Rewards Club member. It truly is the best way to experience a signature InterContinental experience. We will make sure to share your comments about our Club staff with our entire team. We look forward to being your choice hotel on all future trips to Miami.

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!