“Fantastic Hotel in Miami. Great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Hotel in Miami. Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed for only two nights in the hotel and wishing that our stay was longer.

Check-in was efficient. We were given a spacious and elegant room. The room was well maintained and cleaned. It rained for a couple of hours on our first day so we got the chance to explore the hotel amenities. Everything was luxurious and gorgeous. Every member of staff we came into contact with was fantastic! Superb at customer service. Always friendly and going out of their way to be helpful.

The location is great especially the BAYSIDE shopping area is just a short walk away. There is a park along the way that you can hang out too.

Will definitely come back to this hotel on our next Miami vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear vina101,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We wish your stay with us was longer, too. Indeed, we strive to provide all of our guests with a top notch customer service experience and we are glad that you noticed. It truly is the little details that make the difference. We are also glad that you had the opportunity to experience the amenities at our hotel. They truly are one a kind. And Bayside Marketplace is great too! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next Miami vacation. We hope it's soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at the IC Miami one night prior to a cruise. The location is ideal for this purpose and the entire staff seemed to be aware we were there "cruising" and took care of holding our bags and getting us o the port with no hitches.
Our room overlooked the port- and looking down from 17 seemed as if we were suspended over the harbor. Really fantastic. In room all was well- bed was fine and everything was spotless. The bathroom was roomy and had nice, plush towels which I enjoyed. All staff we encountered were exceptionally nice as well- from check in to check out. The only negative I could find is (you guessed it) the wifi- slow and expensive. Oh and the neon building dancer takes away from the night time view a bit- but makes it easy to find the way back to the IC after dark!

Overall a good experience and we will probably book again next time we are in Miami- the location near the Bayside Market will keep us coming back.

Room Tip: Stay bayside, upper floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jensam98,

Thank you for the positive remarks. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Miami. Indeed, our hotel is the ideal location for cruise travelers as we are located on Biscayne Bay in the heart of downtown Miami and in close proximity to the Port of Miami. It truly is the perfect way to kick off or wind down a vacation. We thank you for your comments on our exceptional staff; we strive to provide all of our guests top notch service. We will make sure to share your comments with our entire staff. Also, thank you for the compliments on our guestrooms and bathrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning a future stay with us.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was here for a conference and was a bit disappointed. As far as the room itself goes it was fine, actually fairly posh, but it had a couple minor issues. The first was the almost non-existent water pressure coming out of the sink. I never bothered to report this just because I was too busy with my conference, and I was concerned that they'd ask me to move rooms which I didn't feel like doing. There was also some serious damage to the electrical socket covers that made the otherwise posh room look cheap and run down.

The internet service was ABYSMAL. I paid $17.95 for the "high speed" internet instead of the standard $11.95 in my room, and it was still painstakingly slow. There was no WiFi in the lobby. This is a business hotel in a major international business hub that was hosting a business conference AND THERE IS NO WIFI IN THE LOBBY. WHAT YEAR IS IT??? We also couldn't get WiFi in the meeting rooms. We had one room with only about 15 people in it, and when we tried to use the password we had been given we were told that the maximum number of users had already been reached. SERIOUSLY? You want to host conferences and you can't offer WiFi to more than 10 people at a time? WHAT YEAR IS IT???

Service was a mixed bag. I was going to be arriving early (9 am) and called the hotel the day before to see if that would be possible. I spoke with a hotel operator who transferred me to the concierge, who then put me on hold for several minutes. When I finally got to speak with him he told me that he was going to have to transfer me to the front desk. I was a little frustrated about being put on hold for that long only to be told that the person for whom I was holding couldn't actually help me, so I asked the concierge if he was at least transferring me to the right person so that I wouldn't have to wait on hold again unnecessarily. When I was finally transferred I wound up speaking with someone who was rude, unhelpful, busy and flustered. She barely let me ask any questions and kept interrupting me and telling me that there was nothing that she could do and that I'd have to just come by the following day and request the early check-in that day. I was so taken aback by her complete lack of professionalism that I told her that I found her attitude incompatible with the InterContinental brand. She began yelling at me and told me that I was the one being rude and that she had been told by the concierge who transferred me to her that I was yelling at him, which I never did. I asked to be transferred back to the concierge, and then asked him if I had yelled him at all. He said that I hadn't and that there had been a misunderstanding. His name was Mauricio, and he was much more polite. He also told me that when I came back the next day to check in that I should either ask for him or Celine at the front desk. I did, and was happy to find out that my early check-in was indeed available, but the bad taste from the other woman at the front desk (along with the virtually non-existent slow WiFi and not-quite-up-to-par room facilities) is unfortunately what I'm going to remember about this stay. I should also say that while the servers at the restaurant (Toro Toro) were extremely friendly, the servers at the bar didn't smile once.

In contrast, I had stayed the previous night at the Epic Hotel around the corner, and as would be expected from a Kimpton property, the service was simply outstanding. Unlike the InterContinental, Epic was more than helpful with my early check-in request and the entire staff's attitude from check-in to check-out was top notch.

Dear DoctorLogistics,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are sorry to hear that your stay was short of exceptional and that we did not meet your expectations. Please know that we take comments like yours seriously and that we have addressed them with our staff to ensure that these types of experiences do not occur again. At the moment, we do charge a fee for Internet access, but it is available at two price points and connectivity speeds. Again, we will make sure to share your comments about the inconveniences you experienced with the Internet with our IT department. We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a stellar InterContinental Miami experience and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Unfortunately, we only stayed here one night, just wish that it could have been longer.
Check-in was excellent, friendly and efficient. We were given a lovely room with a fantastic view of Miami port, beach and Biscayne Bay.
The room was very spacious, luxurious and well maintained and cleaned. The bathroom was far better than most hotels with its own walk-in shower with a double head. I could have stayed in the room all day just enjoying the wonderful view.
Every member of staff we came into contact with was superb especially the concierge from Haiti. He was particularly friendly and stored our bags for us while we took a cruise round the bay.
The swimming pool is the only facility which is a bit disappointing as it is overshadowed by neighbouring buildings and so does not receive much sunlight.
The location is great, right next to the monorail and bus stop for buses to Miami Beach and all over the city. Bayside shopping area is just a short walk away.
I used to stay here on business many years ago and am pleased to see that that this hotel has just got better and better over the years.

Room Tip: High floors for the best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear heb999,

Thank you for the excellent review. A stay at our hotel is never too short and we are glad that you enjoyed your mini-vacation with us. Indeed, the location is great as we are close to many of the area's top attractions as well as ample transportation options. Thank you for the compliments on our friendly and efficient staff and spacious and luxurious guestrooms. We will only continue to get better and better. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our vibrant city.
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous and the staff are wonderful! The rooms are clean, spacious, and a bay view room offers just that, a stunning view of the bay. I just don't understand how a business class hotel in downtown Miami, that has multiple conference rooms and caters to conferences, lectures, and meetings does not offer free wifi! This was painful! Management should reconsider this policy and offer wifi for free.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Aggs_TO,

Thank you for your review and the wonderful comments on our gorgeous hotel and wonderful staff. Indeed, cleanliness is one of our top priorities and we are glad that you noticed. We also thank you for your comments about the wifi. We will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff as we are continually re-evaluating our standards to better the overall guest experience. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Miami, whether for business or pleasure.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed April 18 - 21. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. It's modern, elegant and detail oriented. My husband attended a conference and we extended our trip to a vacation.
Upon check-in we were greeted by Stephanie who was charming and professional. She offered us the Ambassador Membership and upgraded us from a regular room to a Suite. The suite was stunning with a beautiful view of the ocean. Each day fresh fruit was delivered, with two bottles of water and either a bag of mixed nuts, chocolate covered almonds or chocolate pretzels. We were so happy with the room and Stephanie's recommendations, that we commended her to her manager Carlos Perez....who was also extrememly pleasant to deal with. This was by far the best check-in experience we have ever had at a hotel. Stephanie made it PERFECT!!
Next came the Lounge Access. That was awesome!!! We had breakfast there daily which consisted of steel cut oatmeal, all kinds of fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, muffins, cheeses and all the bread types you could ask for...all types of fresh juice too. The staff in the lounge, specifically Hector and Florangel were professional and such a pleasure to deal with. Just absolutely wonderful people and very accomodating. I joked one morning with Hector and asked "do you have warm blankets"...he replied "Not here, but I can get one for you"....I couldn't believe how willing they are to do anything to make your stay perfect! Truly unbelievable. Florangel offered us a very late checkout when we told her our flight was not until 10pm.....we didn't even have to ask. They do everything here to make your stay PERFECT!! Another young gentleman that worked in the lounge was phenomenal too, I am sorry that I can't remember his name. A young, muscular man, such a cutie...I asked him about local jewellery stores and he pointed one out to me from the window and told me how to get there. Two minutes later, while I was having my breakfast, he came over to me and handed me a piece of paper, it had the store name, days it was open, hours of operation and the exact street address. I didn't even ask for it.....just awesome, awesome staff!!! Concierge was so knowledgable and friendly and answered everything about everything!! You will definately LOVE this place and will be treated like royalty. I recommend upgrading to the Ambassador membership....well worth the experience and it totally pays for itself.
p.s. if you drink, the Lounge has a 'Happy Hour' with unlimited drinks and delicious finger foods! We skipped dinner after Happy Hour as we were so full....
Definately can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Ambassador Club and get the Suite....stunning!!
Dear Youssef01,

Thank you for the amazing review. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your entire experience at the InterContinental Miami, so much so that you extended your trip. No matter the length of stay, the hotel is excellent for relaxing and unwinding. Thank you for the compliments on the look to our hotel as well as our hospitable staff. Indeed, they are always on hand to provide guests with whatever they may need; no request is too large or inconvenient. We love pampering our guests and it's the little details that make the difference! We are also glad that you had the opportunity to experience the Club InterContinental Lounge as it is truly a one of a kind place, an oasis within paradise. We will make sure to let all of our staff know that they contributed to a memorable experience. We look forward to being your choice hotel on future trips to Miami and please let us know how we can make any future stays even more exemplary.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My recent stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami exceeded my expectations. My husband and I were attending a family wedding in Miami and the location was ideally located for all the events. Check-in and check-out were fast, with very professional and courteous front desk personnel. The hotel staff was very accommodating to all of our needs, from early check-in to our room which was also extended to others in our party, to last minute requests from the bride-to-be while her bridal court was getting ready for the celebrations. The special amenities and welcoming note left in the room by Mr. Lee gave our stay that special touch of “I know why you chose my hotel; let me make it a memorable stay for you!”
The view from my room was amazing, facing the water and the Port of Miami and small islands surrounding it. Sleeping was very restful, the mattress and pillows were just right for a very good night sleep. The room was kept very clean and had all the amenities that give you the comfort of home away from home. I was able to brew a fresh cup of coffee for my husband and me to get us going before heading to Café Ole for a great buffet style breakfast. The waiters greeted us with a friendly smile and promptly served us our coffees. The buffet offered a large variety of items, hot or cold and an omelet station ready to cook to your liking.
Eventhough our stay happened during what seemed a busy, rainy day, service was offered with a smile from every person we came in contact with.
In all, the hotel stay helped make the occasion more memorable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cecilia R,

We love reading comments like yours. Thank you for the great review and we are absolutely thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We love to provide a memorable experience to all of our guests, especially when celebrating some of life's most exceptional moments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Ole and thank you for the compliments on our fantastic staff, comfortable guestrooms and cleanliness. We look forward to providing many more wonderful memories and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!