“nice, but rooms feel old” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Maryland
“nice, but rooms feel old”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

i was there for one night for business. the room itself seemed old. there was only a standing shower, no tub. the sink was small with a small/tight vanity. but the room itself was nice. great bed. decent tv. power blinds for the windows. the staff were great. the bar was pretty busy, with what seemed to be mostly hotel patrons.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear msingMaryland,

Thank you for your comments. We recently renovated our hotel and we are disappointed that our new look did not meet your expectations. Please know that all of our guestrooms are brand new. Thank you for the comments about our great staff and we will make sure to let them know that they contributed to a memorable stay. Toro Toro bar is one of Miami's hottest new spots for crafted cocktails and bar bites. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Miami.

2,474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had an amazing stay at the Intercontinental Miami. The service was outstanding from start to finish. I was check in by Natalie H. who greeted me with a huge smile and make me feel welcome straight away! The room was very nice with a gorgeous view of the bay! Llana in concierge gave me great advice on where to go. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Larry F,

Thank you for the great comments. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your accommodations and that we surpassed your expectations. We love treating all of our guests like VIPs. The concierge team is our best kept secret, they truly are 'in the know' about the best of Miami. We are glad to know that you will be back and look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Late January I stayed here for a 4 night business meeting. During most 4 night meetings I rarely leave the hotel based on jam packed meetings. This hotel was a great introduction to Miami. I was with a group around 400. Our catered meals were great and accommodated the meat eaters as well as a great selection for the vegetarians in the group. We ate at ToroToro twice. I have read reviews with complaints and couldn't understand how anyone would not have thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. I guess you can't please everyone. The gluten free rolls and salsa they give to the tables was fantastic. I could have made a meal of just this alone. If you attend for a meeting in the hotel you will be pleased that everything is conveniently located and your feet will thank you. The service was great and hope to have another meeting here soon.
FYI if you have a water view room, we could see manatees swimming from the room.

• Stayed January 2013
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Jemento,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your entire stay with us and we love reading comments like yours. A stay at the InterContinental MIami is a great way to kick off any trip to Miami. We agree, Toro Toro is fantastic. The pan de bono is exceptional and great to eat on its own for a midday snack. We are also glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your meeting at our hotel. We will make sure to share your comments with our meetings and event services staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, whether for business or pleasure.
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the hotel for a night,as I was travelling to a conference at the Mandarin Oriental also in Miami. Arriving at the hotel at around 9 pm after a 10 hrs flight from Heathrow, I was greeted by a very nice reception officer. Being a Intercontinental Ambassador, I was given a room at the 23rd floor, overviewing the harbour and the ocean. I have to say that the view was stunning. The room was very nice, 2 Queen Beds with wonderful mattresses, flat screen TV, large bathroom and big desk to work on. The breakfast choice was ok, but they could do better. Moreover, the breakfast is served exactly near the lobby and it is quite pleasant. All in all, good value for money.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear SerbanStoicken,

Thank you for the review. We love reading comments like yours. We are glad that you had a chance to stay at our hotel and that we surpassed your expectations. Indeed, our rooms are among the largest in downtown Miami. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations to provide a great 'home away from home' feeling. We agree, the views are stunning. Thank you for the comments about our breakfast, we will make sure to share them with our staff. We look forward to being your hotel of choice on future trips to Miami.
Washnton dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are nice and the location is great. However, I had 3 billing difficulties when I was there. (1) Room Service: The was an extra 20$ charge to my order that wasn't the delivery fee, taxes, or any other fee. The staff couldn't account for it, but refused to take it off my card. I also ordered wine, the type I ordered was not available so they substituted it for another kind which was much more expensive without telling me the price difference. (2) Spa: My total should have been 130 plus tip, when I checked out they asked for 220. I corrected them and they charged me 115 plus 42 tip. I was in a rush so I didn't bother to dispute it. (3) The overall bill: The bill was being paid for by my company, this was noted on check in. One card was used to reserve the reservation for lodging and another for incidentals. At check out they seemingly lost this arrangement in their system. I paid for the incidentals and had work follow up with them. Everything was handled. Or so I thought, turns out they chrarged both my personal card and my work for the lodging. Several phone calls did not resolve this and I ultimately had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. SUCH A HASSLE. Every person I spoke with in this process from the hotel treated me like I was stupid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Megan B,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations, but we are sincerely sorry that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect stay at our hotel. We understand your frustration and we want to make sure we listen and respond to your inquiry directly and privately. Please email us your comments at miaha@ihg.com with the subject title TripAdvisor/Billing. We look forward to hearing from you.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

In January of 2013 we stayed at this hotel. I asked for an upgrade in order to see the ships come into port. We were granted our request gracefully. We were directed to our spacious room which had a chaise lounge lovely bed and a great bathroom. Our luggage arrived quickly and then we chose to grab a quick meal at their restaurant.The food was delicious. After our meal we turned in and had a great sleep on the comfy beds. We had a light breakfast from the Starbucks there in the hotel. We were anxious to be on our way as we were taking a cruise. Everyone on the hotel staff was gracious and helpful. We hope to stay there again at a future date.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Crusinmommas,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. A night's stay at the InterContinental Miami is a great way to kick off any vacation. We are the ideal hotel for cruise travelers, as we are located in close proximity to the Port of Miami. Additionally, when staying in a harbor view guestroom, you can even watch the ships come in and out of the port from the panoramic windows- a great way to spend a day of lounging. We are also glad that you had a chance to experience the newest addition to our hotel, Toro Toro. We agree, the food is delicious and it is one of Miami's newest hotspots. We hope that you will stay with us again too.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The new renovations are a match to the new Miami look. But, most importantly, the staff who I met during the ALAS national conference held at the hotel or who periodically provide assistance during some of my professional meetings is simply outstanding. Please look out for Florandel Torres, who very ably supervises the club or her remarkable staff members Elvin and Flor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear alberto c,

We are glad that you were able to join us for the ALAS National Conference. Thank you for the compliments about our meetings and events services. We take pride in providing the very best to all of our in-house groups. We are also glad that you had the opportunity to experience our Club InterContinental Lounge, it truly is an oasis within paradise. We will make sure to let the entire Club team know that they contributed to a top notch experience. We hope that you wil join us for another great meeting and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay at our hotel, whether for business or pleasure. A weekend staycation is a fantastic way to reenergize.

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!