“Very good value for money.” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Brussels
“Very good value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the hotel for a night,as I was travelling to a conference at the Mandarin Oriental also in Miami. Arriving at the hotel at around 9 pm after a 10 hrs flight from Heathrow, I was greeted by a very nice reception officer. Being a Intercontinental Ambassador, I was given a room at the 23rd floor, overviewing the harbour and the ocean. I have to say that the view was stunning. The room was very nice, 2 Queen Beds with wonderful mattresses, flat screen TV, large bathroom and big desk to work on. The breakfast choice was ok, but they could do better. Moreover, the breakfast is served exactly near the lobby and it is quite pleasant. All in all, good value for money.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear SerbanStoicken,

Thank you for the review. We love reading comments like yours. We are glad that you had a chance to stay at our hotel and that we surpassed your expectations. Indeed, our rooms are among the largest in downtown Miami. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations to provide a great 'home away from home' feeling. We agree, the views are stunning. Thank you for the comments about our breakfast, we will make sure to share them with our staff. We look forward to being your hotel of choice on future trips to Miami.

2,486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Polish first
Washnton dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are nice and the location is great. However, I had 3 billing difficulties when I was there. (1) Room Service: The was an extra 20$ charge to my order that wasn't the delivery fee, taxes, or any other fee. The staff couldn't account for it, but refused to take it off my card. I also ordered wine, the type I ordered was not available so they substituted it for another kind which was much more expensive without telling me the price difference. (2) Spa: My total should have been 130 plus tip, when I checked out they asked for 220. I corrected them and they charged me 115 plus 42 tip. I was in a rush so I didn't bother to dispute it. (3) The overall bill: The bill was being paid for by my company, this was noted on check in. One card was used to reserve the reservation for lodging and another for incidentals. At check out they seemingly lost this arrangement in their system. I paid for the incidentals and had work follow up with them. Everything was handled. Or so I thought, turns out they chrarged both my personal card and my work for the lodging. Several phone calls did not resolve this and I ultimately had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. SUCH A HASSLE. Every person I spoke with in this process from the hotel treated me like I was stupid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Megan B,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations, but we are sincerely sorry that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect stay at our hotel. We understand your frustration and we want to make sure we listen and respond to your inquiry directly and privately. Please email us your comments at miaha@ihg.com with the subject title TripAdvisor/Billing. We look forward to hearing from you.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

In January of 2013 we stayed at this hotel. I asked for an upgrade in order to see the ships come into port. We were granted our request gracefully. We were directed to our spacious room which had a chaise lounge lovely bed and a great bathroom. Our luggage arrived quickly and then we chose to grab a quick meal at their restaurant.The food was delicious. After our meal we turned in and had a great sleep on the comfy beds. We had a light breakfast from the Starbucks there in the hotel. We were anxious to be on our way as we were taking a cruise. Everyone on the hotel staff was gracious and helpful. We hope to stay there again at a future date.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Crusinmommas,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. A night's stay at the InterContinental Miami is a great way to kick off any vacation. We are the ideal hotel for cruise travelers, as we are located in close proximity to the Port of Miami. Additionally, when staying in a harbor view guestroom, you can even watch the ships come in and out of the port from the panoramic windows- a great way to spend a day of lounging. We are also glad that you had a chance to experience the newest addition to our hotel, Toro Toro. We agree, the food is delicious and it is one of Miami's newest hotspots. We hope that you will stay with us again too.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The new renovations are a match to the new Miami look. But, most importantly, the staff who I met during the ALAS national conference held at the hotel or who periodically provide assistance during some of my professional meetings is simply outstanding. Please look out for Florandel Torres, who very ably supervises the club or her remarkable staff members Elvin and Flor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear alberto c,

We are glad that you were able to join us for the ALAS National Conference. Thank you for the compliments about our meetings and events services. We take pride in providing the very best to all of our in-house groups. We are also glad that you had the opportunity to experience our Club InterContinental Lounge, it truly is an oasis within paradise. We will make sure to let the entire Club team know that they contributed to a top notch experience. We hope that you wil join us for another great meeting and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future stay at our hotel, whether for business or pleasure. A weekend staycation is a fantastic way to reenergize.
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 week last November. They gave me a nice ocean view room with an amazing view especially at night with all the partial city lights and the cruises. The rooms are very quiet and the service in general is good. Staff is very kind and competent. The location near downtown and Bayside is also very convenient.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an excellent ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear enjoyPeru,

Thank you for the nice comments and please know that we love reading reviews like yours. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel. Indeed, the hotel is located in a convenient location, close to many of the area's top attractions. Thank you for the compliments on our exceptional service and staff. We will make sure to let our entire team know that they contributed to a great week's stay. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we hope that you will stay with us again, whether for business or pleaure.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We ate the Toro Toro last night. It was possibly the worst dining experience of our lives. lets start with the service. Slow would be an understatment. It took almost an hour for our dinner to come. The waitress was snottyto say the least with an attitude. When it came it was ploped infront of us and off she went . Then when we were done did they clean the plates off right a away of course not. and the Desserts they took almost as long to come. wow, But lets get to the good parts.
1- stone crab appitizers- avoid at all costs-- they were mealy and with NO taste at all. The mustard sauce what little was provided had NO taste. The crab meat was sitting on open ice and was watery. -
2- Rolls- one serving that they never repalced when done- and a small to say the least jar of something to put on it that also had NO taste.
3- The chicken at best could be described as bland with zero flavor. this is definately a course to be skipped
4- The desserts- we had the "suspino"-- auugh, the sorbet was totally melted by the time it arrived. The merange tasted more like burnt marshamello fluff ( it probably was)
we had no desire to even send it back for a new one since , we new how poor the service was, by the time it would arrive it would be breakfast time.

This is one place I would avoid eating at. In fact Bayside is a short walk away and I am sure there would be better food and service there.

Room Tip: " eat anywhere else"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear steve m,

Thank you for your comments. Our sincerest apologies that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect meal at Toro Toro. Again, we thank you for your overall comments as we use them to improve the overall guest experience. Please know that we have already addressed your comments with the staff. We noticed that you are a local and we hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with an exceptional dining experience next time you're in the Miami area.
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great service, very friendly and competent staff. In particular, Ms. Nathalie Herrmann from the Club InterContinental area stood out. She even attended to me in perfectly fluent German, a very positive and unexpected surprise!! Will stay at the Hotel InterContinental again.
A. H.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Andreas H,

Thank you for the great comments. We love offering all of our guests a home away from home and we are glad to have surpassed your expectations. We are thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience our Club InterContinental Lounge, it truly is an oasis within paradise. We look forward to welcoming you back to our home soon.

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!