“What a delightful surpriseI” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 130 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“What a delightful surpriseI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was truly a delightful surprise to find that a large hotel, with splendid conferences rooms, could also offer its guests personalized attention, that is only found at small and expensive boutique hotels. Everything was smooth and quick: great room service, impecable rooms and bath, large closets, and very, very attentive and considerate staff - of which Ms Gabriela Iturralde at the front desk is the perfect example of professionalism and friendlyness. I highly recommend the Miami Intercontinental!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Antonio S,

Thank you for the delightful review as well as the recommendation. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. We strive to provide exceptional and personalized customer service to all of our guests, whether they are traveling on business or leisure. We will make sure to let Gabriela know that she contributed to a wonderful stay. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to our vibrant city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was visiting Miami last week and book my days for a business trip at the city. I knew the hotel was fully renovated but I get impress about the new fresh look at one of the most stunning architectural buildings in this your city. I highly recomend the experience, not just for the excellence on the service, also the great location between the city center and Miami bay.....just amaizing experience....

Room Tip: At the hotel...you can upgrade your status for the Intercontinental Club for a really good price. A...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alexis C,

Thank you for the amazing review. Indeed, our hotel is an icon in the Miami skyline and in the architectural scope. Thank you for the compliments about our new and fresh look as well as our excellent service. The hotel is an oasis in the heart of downtown Miami and offers respite from the hustle and bustle of the city life. We look forward to being your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami, whether for business or pleasure.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel November 23 and 24th. The hotel is beautiful to look at. I have stayed here before so that is why I stayed here again.

The first night was horrible. (No fault of the Hotel just the room next to us). We were stirred from a sound sleep at 4 am by some people that had been up partying. I had to call the front desk several times on different occassions to have the situation taken care of. They finally calmed down at about 6:30. This being said the manager on duty told us that she would make sure that they moved us to another room. They not only upgraded our room but upgraded our service level also. I would like to thank the manager on duty that night for taking care of us like she did. It is nice to know that customer service is alive and well in a lot of places still. I only wish I could remember her name to add it in here. Thanks again and we WILL see you next time we stay in Miami.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jrayph47,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to know that the inconveniences you experienced were resolved in a timely manner. Our #1 priority is guest satisfaction and we take pride in our exceptional customer service. We will make sure to let the entire staff know that they contributed to a memorable stay. Again, thank you for the compliments. We are thrilled that you will be back and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Miami. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your future stay.
Guadeloupe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We are French and in every journey in Miami we stay in this hotel. Rooms are modern and attractive, bayside is in 5 minutes and the staff is for the small care. Specially our caretaker Juan Carlos Velasco who was always been to us of very well advice for restaurants, bars and walks. A personnal thanks for him. Our stay was completed.
Harry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Harry199,

Thank you for the great review. We are thrilled to know that we are your hotel of choice on trips to Miami. We enjoy being a home away from home for our guests. Our concierge team provides excellent recommendations for local attractions and restaurants and we will make sure to let Juan Carlos know that he surpassed your expectations. Thank you for the compliments about our guestrooms, we love their modern look too. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay on your next trip to Miami.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

During my family's stay in Miami we had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with Chef Concierge, Eduardo Rosello, which has been with Hotel InterContinental for over 20 years. first he took us on a personal tour of the facility and all its amenities. We visited the Vip lounge on the 29th floor, the Spa, Pool area, Ball Rooms, Conference Rooms, and entire galley area including Table 11 in the back with the Head Chef. We also had lunch at the newly remodeled bar, not to mention the previous night had a great preview 10 course Dinner at Tora Tora their 5 star Restaurant.
The following day my wife visited the Spa for a facial treatment and a water massage treatment.
she throughly enjoyed and would highly recommend to all.
I can't say enough how courteous and friendly the entire staff of the hotel was to me and my family and will highly recommend this Hotel to everyone looking for a great place to stay. This location is right next to the beautiful Bayfront Park, Downtown, and only a 10 minute ride to Miami Beach, Not to mention the Beautiful 228' foot Mega Yacht, SEAFAIR, is having a Jewelry Show, ICJF, (International Contemporary Jewelry Fair), on the dock right out front. Amazing!
Highly recommend this hotel to all and you got to go meet Rosello, the Chef Concierge!

Room Tip: Water side view is great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear william m,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so thrilled that you were able to experience many of the hotel's amenities as well as the sights and sounds of our magical city. The concierge team at our hotel is one of our best kept secrets and we are glad that they surpassed your expectations. A personalized tour of the hotel is a great way to kick off a stay at our hotel. Indeed, the SeaFair is docked in front of our hotel for the season and they just completed another year of the International Contemporary Jewelry Fair during Art Basel week. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

As with most reviewers, we stayed here pre-cruise. The rooms are nice and spacious, and we had great bathrooms. The rooms and hotel were fantastic for what we needed, with quick access to transit, a CVS down the road, and a short drive to the port.

Pricing fluctuated widely during the two weeks I spent looking for hotel deals. I ended up choosing it because at the time of booking, it was actually one of the cheapest options in the area! It's worth keeping track if you're booking for an overnight stay, because this hotel can be excellent value.

On the other hand, I'd have some doubts about a long term stay. While access to the park and downtown area is great, the building itself and amenities are looking a bit run down. On top of that, everything at the hotel is quite expensive, from parking to dining.

I would definitely book again for a pre-cruise overnight stay if the price is right.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Well_Fed_Traveller,

Thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Miami. You are correct! We are the ideal hotel for cruise travelers as we are located near the Port of Miami. There are also many transportation and entertainment options nearby, so you'll always be entertained and close to the action. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Miami.
Duncan, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night prior to my cruise. I was assigned a city view room with a king bed on the 23rd floor. The room was absolutely immaculate. Call me crazy but in a hotel of this stature, I even checked for dust on top of the door frames, and there was nine. The room was well appointed and the staff, whether bellhops, front desk or management were all friendly and helpful when needed. I realize that bed comfort is very subjective, but I found the bed to be extremely comfortable.

I will offer a word of caution regarding the mini bar. It is fully automated and everything has its place. I moved a bottle of Peligrino to another spot to make space for a bottle of water I had and the system apparently thought I removed it and charged me for it. It's definitely not enough to ruin my stay but it is something you should know about if you're going to stay here.

Overall, it was a great stay! And I will definitely consider the Intercontinental Miami when I return to Miami in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear CarolinaViking,

Thank you for the amazing review! We love reading reading comments like yours. Thank you for the fantastic comments about our accommodations and cleanliness. We are glad that you enjoyed. And we agree, our beds are extremely comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Miami upon your return to our vibrant city.

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!