“Great experience, knowledgeable staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 120 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Salem, Massachusetts
“Great experience, knowledgeable staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

In February, my girlfriend and I went to visit Miami for a week and stayed here. The service was excellent and the room was clean and comfortable. From our room there was a great view of the water and South Beach in the distance.

Perhaps the nicest feature may have been Juan, the extremely knowledgeable concierge. Instead of pushing us to overpriced tourist traps, Juan directed us to two great restaurants, both times we asked for his advice. Having that kind of knowledge in a place with which your are unfamiliar is really a great asset.

My one problem with this hotel is the ridiculous daily fees to use the internet. I have stayed before at extremely inexpensive hotels where free wi-fi is included, so the idea that a hotel that is 3 times the price doesn't even include wi-fi seems to be an unnecessary expense.

Overall, we had a great time in Miami and this hotel and its staff were great contributors to that experience. I would wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear mwillwerth09,

Thank you for your recommendation and taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are glad you had a wonderful stay with us and that our staff was well informed and helpful. We are always working on improving our guests’ experiences, to make them as unique and memorable than ever. We look forward to seeing you soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your future stay at the InterContinental Miami.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I recently stayed a few weeks back and had a wonderful experience. The service was fantastic from the minute I walked into the hotel. Bellmen helped with my bags immediately and was escorted to the front desk. Frances was the agent that attended us and check us into a beautiful room. Concierge was also great! Very helpful! Overall, I will definitely be coming back!!

Room Tip: Harbor view is a must!! Def. worth it!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Odypooh,

On behalf of the InterContinental Miami, we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We love to create memorable and enjoyable experiences for all of our guests; I’m happy our staff delivered exceptional attention and service. We look forward to seeing you soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I arrived to Miami, intercontinental after a week in new York. I was quite tired, alone missing home a Lil & first time stay in downtown area. Also I chipped a tooth the nite before I arrived & needed dental assistance which intercontinental provided easily & efficiently! From the bell boy to the hotel checkin to concierge my experience just got better & better. I was upgraded to an ocean view room which was spectacular. Concierge organized a dentist for me day after arriving first thing & close by. Made it so easy!!

I dealt mainly with Ilana Sigal & Juan Carlos & I say this from the bottom of my heart they were both not only 110% helpful but so informative professional & friendly which again - travelling alone - was an absolute blessing! I would highly recomend anyone to stay here & I would definitely stay again. My experience was fabulous.

Gemma, Avalon Holistic Healing.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Gemc20120,

What an experience you had! I’m sorry to read you arrived with a chipped tooth, traveling can be a hassle and I am thrilled to see our staff helped you turn it around into a great stay. There is nothing they can’t do to fulfill the needs and wants of our guests. Thank you for your sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, many times folks do not know we are ready and able to serve above and beyond our guests needs. We hope your travels bring you back to Miami soon, and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your future stay at the InterContinental Miami.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The service at this hotel was just great! I recently went to pick up some relatives that were staying there and since i live in the palm beach area, I decided to ask the concierge, i believe his name was Martin, about any restaurants he advised or recommended that were good for seafood. He was very patient and kind and recommended Trulucks. The food was exquisite. Amazing ambiance and food, we all enjoyed the selection very much! I Highly recommend the hotel. Very pleasant and knowledgeable staff. Family members also praised the wonderful service they received from the hotel. Thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear JenniferOwens74,

Thank you for sharing your review about your InterContinental experience. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed Trulucks! It is with great pleasure to hear that our friendly staff and room amenities made your out of town visitors feel at ease during their stay. We look forward to seeing you soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the InterContinental Miami.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The experience at this hotel was absolutely wonderful. I stayed for business reasons for 3 days and I will definitely come back as soon as I can. The hotel is beautiful and I got an upsell for my room which was worthy. Nice view to city and ocean and also purchased Club access. In the Club I was attended by a very nice and professional agent Florangel, who always had her beautiful smile for every single guest. Florangel and her crew Hector and Aristides make the perfect team to animate such a wonderful place. I had a great experience and I recommend whoever stays in the Intercontinental hotel, purchase the access to the Club lounge if are looking for a friendly professional and dedicated staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nicholas B,

We are glad to read you enjoyed our Club InterContinental lounge; the perks make a memorable stay even more so. On behalf of the staff of the InterContinental Miami, thank you for your review and staff mentions. Our guests are our number one priority and we value every opportunity we have to exceed your expectations. . Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Perfect location for cruise terminal or American Airlines Arena. Rooms are pleasant, pool deck overlooking the intercostal bay is nice. Spa is average but you have to pay an extra fee, we were on the Executive floor so that wasn't great...but the staff here is great, they really seem to want to take care of you, from the moment you arrive, the valets, and bell staff couldn't be better ! Resturant servers, front desk & concierge all wonderful

Room Tip: Request a bay view room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Suzanne1209,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback about your stay with us. We love to take care of our guests and create memorable experiences for them. I’m glad you enjoyed your time with us and that the staff left a memorable mark. We hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to Miami and do let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your future stay.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The Intercontinental provided me with what had to be some of the best serve that I have received in my travel. At check in the bell staff greeted me at my vehicle with a smile and offered to assist with ensuring that my car was parked and my luggage was moved to my room. We arrived early and Gabriela and Ingrid Romano at the front desk swiftly found a room that meet our room type request and even provided us with a free upgrade due to my priority club status. When we entered our 1 bed room suite the room was recently renovated, with the best few of the Bay that I could ask for. Throughout the rest of our stay the staff waited on us hand and foot. I must think the Director of the Front Office Li-Chyun Young for taking the time to come to the lobby to speak to me as I sing the praises of the staff, and also Ingrid for being so great and friendly. By the end of my stay I canceled my reservations for two weeks later with the J.W. Marriott in Miami and so that I could book that stay in the Intercontinental. The hotel and staff get 100% across the board from me. This is my new IHG Miami hotel of choice!

Room Tip: If you can request a bay side room you will love the view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dwayne W,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us, I’m thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations. Indeed, we recently renovated our guest rooms and without a doubt our views are second to none. We have a great staff at our guest’s side ready to assist, so I’m pleased to hear Gabriela, Ingrid, and Li took great care of you and that you had a true InterContinental experience. We look forward to seeing you soon and please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you in your future stay at the InterContinental Miami.