“The BEST spa experience !!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“The BEST spa experience !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I love spas , and this year my friends presented me at my birthday with a My Spa gift certificate from Intercontinental Hotel. I had the best spa experience , wonderfull atmosphere and service. The staff were very friendly and professional and the massages , uhmmmm , i felt in HEAVEN !!! At the pool area they have this very nice and cozy restaurante with a beautifull view to the bay .
I'm looking foward to a daughter and me day at the spa. Planning my next visit very soon !! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I recently stayed at the Intercontinetal for a business conference. The conference facilities were quite nice (although the A/C was up much too high the first morning, but was soon fixed) and we had our lunch breaks at the Indigo restaurant in the lobby area.

I did have a lovely view from my room of the bay which was the highlight of the room. The room itself was comfortable but looked worn. There were a view stains on the one upholstered chair in the room and on the coverlet of the bed. The walls were a bit beaten up and the mold in the bathtub was not what I would expect at a hotel of this caliber. I also had a bit of a drainage issue with my shower the first morning which I reported to the front desk staff. It seemed to be fixed by that evening, but the problem returned the next day. The walls and ceilings seemed incredibly thin and I could hear the room above me even though the people seemed to be speaking at a normal volume.

Housekeeping seemed lacisdasical at best. The little coffee pot in the room was never cleaned (hey I'm more than happy to clean up after myself, but come on), the tissue cover was placed on the bathroom counter, without any tissue to cover, the room overall just didn't feel very clean.

In keeping with a "luxury" hotel the prices were outrageous for internet access and the room service prices (I had a very early flight and decided to stay in the last night) were utterly ridiculous.

Overall the hotel is very nice in its common areas and its location is ideal. The staff I dealt with were very nice for the most part so thankfully I didn't have some of the issues that other reviewers noted in regard to the staff, although I did not get the impression that the staff was very interested in going the extra mile.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Four and 1/2 star hotel. Pleasant crew, good location. Asked for upgrade and was given oceanfront (really, bayfront) view. Parking is expensive at $36.00 for valet parking, but you can park within 25 yards for $2.00 per hour.

Called room service for b-fast and it took a whole hour before I called them. They gave x or y excuse as to why they had not arrived earlier and then got my order wrong (with a bit of an attitude, to boot).

Beautiful hotel, clean rooms, flat screen tv -Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear franjaja,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your upgraded
room. I am concerned about the service you received from room service. We take all
comments very seriously and when we see an opportunity where we can improve.
We do act on it. Thank you for letting us know. I sincerely hope that you will choose our hotel
again for a future stay, so we can show you how truly great we are in all areas.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

From the recepcionist at the check in through the waiter at the restaurant, me and my family (wife and 2 little children - 4 and 1 years old) were extremely terribly attended.
Have to say that the cleaning service was also very disappointing.
When you go to a hotel of such kind, you expect an outstanding service, which worths the price. It was definitely not the case of this hotel.
Will never return to this hotel for sure.
I have been already in other Intercontinental hotels around the world with good service, but this bad experience made me decide to not stay any longer with this brand.

Room Tip: Do never choose this hotel! You will be disppointed and will through your money away.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Gustavo S,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend. Loved the location at Bayfront and the views. Starbucks inside, easy to get car in and out. Rooms were clean, lobby is nice to sit in. Very good hotel overall and good value. Will stay here again. Couple Miami food trucks at Bayfront during the week, we walked over for lunch, was fun.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
harrogate north yorks. uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

It was a great pleasure to stay at this hotel whilst visiting Miami from the Uk for the Make A Wish Foundation Ball last week. The room was excellent/spacious and the food and whole stay way beyond expectations.We look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: the 25th floor was quiet/convenient
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Maybe a 3.5...At least during the week, this is a conference/meeting hotel. On the plus side, great views from the upper floors, location is right on the water and rooms are good size. Always a fan of the automatic, full light blocking curtains too. The average: Rooms were solid. The below average: elevators were frequently scarce, not sure why it can take a few minutes to get an elevator. But my biggest issue with places like this, one that for me takes away from any sense of loyalty to a hotel or chain: the $17 internet charge is annoying, but unfortunately not uncommon. The hotel charges $15 a day to use the fitness center--in Miami, where it can get too hot to exercise outdoors! And the fitness center is nothing special, what you'd expect for 'free' at an Intercontinental.

Bottom line is that I was unimpressed enough to look elsewhere if I have to foot the bill in Miami.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!