“Spain Comes to Miami...and it's very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Spain Comes to Miami...and it's very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I recently attended the Rioja Festival Opening Party at the Hotel InterContinental Miami. Wow! Wines from Rioja, Spain, delicious and generous tapas, and the always friendly, courteous and professional staff at the InterContinental Miami made for a fantastic evening. The festivities run through October 1st, you don't want to miss this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
RickD777,

On behalf of the InterContinental Miami, I would like to personally thank you for your comments regarding the Rioja Festival Opening Party here at the hotel. We value all feedback from these events we host at the hotel, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the authentic Spanish experience we brought to Miami. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the wine, tapas, and most importantly, that our staff provided you with the attentive, friendly service we strive for. We look forward to having you back with us soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the InterContinental Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My experience at the hotel was fantastic. The room was very nice. The spa is world class. I have eaten at the Indigo mutliple times, and each time the wait staff is very attentive and courteous (our waiter, Vicente, at the Indigo was great). The concierge staff was so helpful and knowledgeable (much more so than the concierge service I am used to at other hotels). Their recommendations were right on and they were always available to help. My overall experience at the hotel was really first class.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Michael L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us; I am happy to read that your InterContinental Miami experience was above and beyond your other experiences. We appreciate you sharing such positive reviews about the spa, room, food and your overall experience here at the hotel. We look forward to having you back with us soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the InterContinental Miami.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I had the pleasure of attending the opening night reception of the week long Vibrant Rioja Festival at the Intercontinental last night and it was spectacular. Great ambiance, wines and tapas. The Intercontinental is known for it’s great service and food but this is one added treat you do not want to miss.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Inaperry,

On behalf of the InterContinental Miami, I would like to personally thank you for your comments regarding our Rioja Festival. We value all feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance, wine and tapas throughout the festival. We look forward to having you back with us soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

MySpa Oxygen Facial....

This was the most frustrating experience in the world. I bought this deal with 2 other girlfriends and we were planning to use the voucher as a group one day in September. We called 2 weeks before our scheduled appointment (first weekend of Sept) to book for all 3 of us. I told the receptionist that we had a Travel Zoo coupon and we needed 3 appointments at the same time. She booked us all for 1pm on Sunday, Sept 18th.

On the Thursday before, I received a call telling me that "One girl's spa appointment was moved to 1:45". I called back to ask why she was re-scheduled. They said the made a mistake. Fine, we'll deal with not going at the same time. Then on Friday, I received a call from the spa telling me that all of our appointments were wrong. We were all scheduled for 30 min vs. 45 minutes. For that mistake, we would all have to be re-scheduled and there was no more availability that weekend. I said that's ridiculous... just because our appointments were input incorrectly, we will not sacrifice losing our vouchers. So, she said we could come at 5, 5 and 6pm on Sunday. I told her I would have to call my friends and get back to her. I did just that. 15 minutes later, I called back and asked her to book the 3 of us at 5, 5, and 6pm. Sunday, I showed up at 445 for my 5pm and the front desk told me that she did not have me down for an appointment. But if I could wait 15 minutes, they could get me in at 5:15. I told her I was confused because we had originally been booked at 1, then rescheduled to 5 5 and 6... She said that was impossible because they close at 6pm on Sundays... Now I was just livid. I had to wait 45 minutes for my appointment that afternoon... The treatment was just average. The woman talked the entire time about how fantastic she is at facials and that I desperately need it and I should come back to get all my facials done by her. Once my treatment was over, the girl at the front desk advises me that I was still booked at 1pm and she had to "refund" the cancellation fee she had already charged me.. Then I was forced to pay a gratuity on the service ($30 on a $59 voucher is ridiculous!!)... Next thing I know, today I check my credit card statement and I was charged the cancellation fee + the gratuity charge of $30... This is absolutely ridiculous. Intercontinental has completely TURNED ME away from them... I will not recommend them to anyone.. I am beyond irritated with how they handled everything...

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Ali G.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience. First of all, I am so sorry that you had such a difficult and frustrating spa experience. Our goal is to have every guest leave rested and relaxed, and I cannot apologize enough that we didn’t provide this to you. Please know I have taken measures to correct this and will certainly ensure that this is not an issue going forward. I would like to invite you to return to our spa to see exactly how remarkable our customer service can be and you are welcome to experience any complimentary treatment of your choice. I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Please feel free to contact catherine.keeble@ihg.com at your convenience so that we may treat you to the attentive and luxurious service that we pride ourselves in and that you deserve.
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I am a part of hotel industry, working in Sheraton Suites, Key West. Thus I know what a high standard service is supposed to be and what I should expect of the hotels of Sheraton or InterContinental class. So at check in I was pleasantly surprised to receive such great attitude (I was checked in by Alyssa with her charming smile). Being a Platinum Ambassador and having experienced numerous hotels still I was pleased to be welcomed by this hotel in particular. Basically for us it was just a regular trip to Miami to get away from routine and get a good buzz. The way my and my friends' requests were handled was exceptional. Especially my crazy requests at 1 am for 7 lemons and limes - Han, thank you for your being patient! The valet service is very convenient for your car is ready and prepared for your trips. The rooms were wonderful - with a harbour view from the 23rd floor! - and spacious. Anyways we were not going to spend much time there, just to change in between our trips around the city. In Miami one can always find what to do, not just sitting in the room. Unfortunately we were too busy in the city to check out the lounge and the restaurant, but next time I stay there I will definitely do it. So my conclusion is, I will spend more nights in this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Personally I prefer higher floors
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear L1fe1sg00d,

We can’t wait to have you back! Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We always share all of our guest’s feedback with our team and its especial good to hear it from a hotel industry colleague. We are pleased to hear our Alyssa and the rest of our staff provided you with the helpful and friendly assistance that we strive for. We always enjoy hearing that our valet service was timely, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your harbor room and view from the 23rd floor! We look forward to having you back with us soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the InterContinental Miami.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

i am impressed with the facilities and the staff.....The concierges were very helpful and friendly...I would recommend this hotel to everyone...Also, the location is great being in downtown close to Miami Beach!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Marimatilla,

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is truly a great choice to be in the middle of the city’s action, Downtown Miami has world-class shopping, arts and entertainment options. Please let us know if your travels bring back to South Florida, we would love for you to experience the new InterContinental Miami and it would be pleasure to have our Concierge customize your agenda with new and exciting attractions in the city!
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recieve your magazine regularly and have used it to inquire about different destinations.
I had planned a weekend stay at the Intercontinental of Miami, for my wife's birthday.
I had difficulty in securing a reservation on the same day to the Gabiano Restaurant that I had been to previously with my wife and truly enjoyed. I went to the concierges' desk and told Mr. Rosello that I had tried to obtain a reservation for that same evening and I was told they were sold out. He told me he would try. He some how obtained a 9PM reservation and when we arrived to my surprise they had our table with a beautifull arrangement of flowers for my wife compliments of Mr. Rosello. I can't remeber a nicer gesture and it truly made the evening one to remember.

Room Tip: The bay view looking North
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ralph,

On behalf of the InterContinental Miami, I would like to personally thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Mr. Rosello will be thrilled to hear your kind words. We value all feedback and are pleased to hear that our Chef Concierge Eduardo Rosello was able to provide you with the helpful assistance we strive for and was able to obtain a reservation for you and your wife. We look forward to having you back with us soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the InterContinental Miami.

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!