“Solid business hotel - great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #49 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Cancun, Mexico
“Solid business hotel - great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency many times due to its close proximity to my company's office and have always found it to be reliable, pleasant, and reasonably priced. The hotel has undergone extensive renovations in the last two years and is much improved. For the price paid ($95/night on this trip) you really couldn't ask for more.

The service is always attentive and polite, greeting guests and they enter and leave the hotel. The bellboys are very quick to assist and the front desk staff is cheery, quick, and helpful. Even when the hotel has a convention and is full, I've never waited more than five minutes in line at the front desk.

I noticed on this trip that the service seemed even more attentive and friendly than before. Also the hotel has significantly streamlined their menus, both the room service menu and the breakfast buffet. Neither is quite as fancy now but there are plenty of good options. The room service was very quick and they even called later to make sure that everything was to my liking.

Rooms are spacious and recently updated. I like the fact that all rooms have a safe, as well as iron and ironing board. Large flat screen TV's and comfy beds are a plus. My room this time had an iPod docking station; I don't remember seeing this in the room previously but I enjoyed using it. Bathrooms are spacious and amenities are top quality. My only complaint is that there is no full length mirror anywhere in the room.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to a business traveller and even to tourists or families. The location right on the river is excellent and the service is pleasant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Turkish first
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I had a very good time at this hotel, even though was there only about 5 days for a conference. The room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. An iron and ironing board was provided within a dedicated section of the room that was segregated from the bed area. The staff were extremely friendly and ordered me transportation from the hotel to the places that I wanted to go. One downside I noticed was the availability of food for my requirements.
The location was also good. I managed to find some time to go to the beach area which was not so far away. All in all, it was a super experience and I would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

The hotel is great, the best thing being the spacious room and amenities within it such as an iron and ironing board and a space to leave them open ready for use in the morning.
I was on a business trip to attend a conference so did not have time to check out other features of the hotel much, but it is very elegant to walk into.
One down side is there was only a starbucks near the conference area which leaves one with not much choice to grab something to eat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
BUENOS AIRES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Once again at this Hyatt since 1994!!!
I've been in many hotels around the world,and for me the Hyatt Regency Miami is my place and my home out of home.
First of all the Hyatt Staff is the most kind and helpfull, always ready to help with a smile and going out of their way to give me all what i need and request during my visit since June 2 to June 18th.
Thanks to Jasmel Acosta, from the Front Desk who take care of my reservation and give me the room that i always request, a Petite Suite.
Thanks to Andrew and Scarlet from the Ft Desk .
THE BEST CONCIERGE STAFF!!!! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!... Maria Elena first to u since 1995 !!!, Lidia, Sandra,Erika, Michael, Elias, Fernando, Manny, Antoñito!, Wilson, Luis.
Very special thx to Eri, Sandy, Dani, Lidia who take care of all,at the Regency Club.
Rooms are so clean and quiet .Nice view of the city, the Petite Suite with spacious living and working area, lot of room for storage.
SUPERB BED!!!!! comfy,fresh +++++
Thx to the housekeeping who takes care of my room 1006 and 2306, always with a smile and looking for the minimum details. Thanks to Patricia Housekeeping Manager.
And thx for a very special and incredible person :..... JORGE LAZO!!! who take care of my reservations since 1995 and now at the Gd Hyatt NYC, who checked that i have everything i need, calling from NYC to make sure i'm ok, THX JORGEEEEEEE really great person a friend for me.
100% RECOMEND this hotel, the area is perfect, close to,downtown Miami, the Bayside Marketplace with restaurants, shops as Gap, Victoria's Secret, Disney etc
Very safe location, even at night, awesome views of the Biscayne Bay just in front of the Hotel
with a beautiful area for walking and running along the bay.
THANKS to all Hyatt Staff !!! hope to be back next year.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We've stayed on Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield, and this time at the Hyatt Regency, and we never regret. They always have a wanderfull service. On this hotel the room was beautiful and comfy. Very clean.
We got a AAA deal for three days for a very very good price, with breakfast included (we didn't know that the free breakfast was only on the lobby, and asked for breakfast in the room every day, but still they forgot it and didn't charge anything).
Since we have gold passport membership we could have late check out at 2 pm.
They called everyday to make sure we were comfortable, if we liked the breakfast service, etc.
The only two things that were not free were the internet and parking.
We recomend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Sig-other and I stayed for a few days pre-cruise out of Miami in April 2010 and November 2009. We found the Hyatt quite nice, comfortable & clean; staff friendly and helpful. It has become our PREFERRED choice for staying pre-cruise.

Downtown Miami is a short walk- there's a Macy's, other shops for last minute purchases. Got my glasses fixed and we both had a mani-pedi to get ready for our cruise. Ate at a local Peruvian place. Delightful, relaxing.

Contrary to other reviews, we had no noise problems. Nor did we have problems checking in or out.

Back at the Hyatt, we had drinks at the bar; nice view of a river(?) Ate the breakfast buffet. Service was excellent. Lobby was good for people watching.

Both times we were able to get great rates on Priceline. Anytime we're cruising out of Miami, this is where we'll be staying beforehand.

And, the port is a short cab ride. No rent a car need.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

For 180$ a night, breakfast was not included.
The room was really noisy from the street's traffic, the air conditioning, the maids talking loudly in the corridor, the other guests.
The cleaning maid would enter the room at 9am, not leaving me time to answer a knocking, and I ended up naked in front of her! She was rude to us every day, urging us to leave the room so she could "clean" it.
The room was not clean, the coffee bags and stuff was filthy, with some body fluid on it and hair.
The room service waiter was not discreet when bringing the food, looking around the room for minutes.
The bathroom is so tiny I could barely fit between the bathtub and the toilets to dry myself up.
The furniture and room layout was not better than a regular motel (not what you expect when you stay in a Hyatt).
The temperature in the hotel and the rooms was freezing cold.
The elevators system is terrible. Have to insert room key to press the button, so the time to take it out from my wallet (not easy when your arms are full) I had past my flour most of the time.

The worst part was that there was a convention that started the day before my last night at the hotel. From that time on, we really felt that the whole hotel was only there for the young people of that convention. There were poster of naked man hanging on every wall and in front of the hotel! The hundreds of young people would hang out in the lobby constantly, making it really noisy and hard to get in and out of the hotel. There was a 1h wait time just to take the elevator (and staff refused us to use the stairs). Restaurant was constantly full. The people were yelling in the corridors.

So basically I didn't have one good night of sleep, and left the hotel exhausted.
So we fled the Hyatt for the Hilton in downtown Miami, wich was only 80$ a night and was what you expect from a hotel of that standing. (The view was great, and the bus terminal was really close making it easy to go around or to Miami beach)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business