“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #65 of 129 hotels in Miami
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here several times for business. It is a good centrally located property with all the amenities. Rooms are very comfortable and the bar downstairs is a popular place for many to meet up and enjoy a drink and light meal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1,402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Hyatt staff is simply exceptional. Every single staff member I interacted with--from the front desk clerk to the security staff--went above and beyond to make my stay as enjoyable and personal as possible. There were numerous occasions in which someone did something unexpected to delight me. This included personally searching the lost and found, remembering who I was and greeting me with a personal comment almost every morning ("Have you seen any good dog videos Ms. Chapnick?" and "Were you able to find that restaurant last night? Did you enjoy it?") and always walking me to a location if I was not sure where it was.

The food was very good: I was at a conference and surprised at how great the breakfast was! The croissants were soft and flaky, the eggs fresh, the fruit magnificent and sweet (not the usual hotel rock hard melon). There was always plenty of Tazo tea and good quality coffee.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable--down comforters, down pillows, soft sheets and a firm mattress.

What really made me smile was how the staff and regional manager handled a situation that arose. They resolved my problem immediately and professionally, without any excuses or barriers.

The physical facility is slated for a renovation in the near future and hopefully upon completion the facility will match the excellence of the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a somewhat classy and costly hotel so I assumed first class service. The room is very nice and comfortable but the tub didn't drain. After spending so much time in the heat, I would have liked a nice shower without bathing in filth. Around 5pm someone tried to enter our room, I have to assume housekeeping but it's a good thing our door latch was on. 830 am housekeeping knocking and 1000 am housekeeping knocking again. I felt like an unwanted guest being shoved out the door for the next guest.

Stayed April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

It's not that there was anything particularly appalling about this hotel, but it just didn't feel like a 4-star hotel in any way. Rooms, fitness center, restaurant, room service all pretty lackluster. No shower cap or any toiletries except for the basics (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap); wifi was spotty (I had to take my laptop into the bathroom to get a signal at a few points); thin walls; fitness center had a shelf that said "headphones" on it, but no headphones to be found. None of this was terrible, and since I was there for a conference didn't care as I would have had this been a vacation; I just expected more from a Hyatt.

My experience could be best summed up as "bleh" -- hence the three stars. I've based my 3-star rating entirely on my own average experience. However, I do want to note that I was traveling with a number of colleagues and staff and was pretty disturbed by what I heard about their experiences. One colleague in particular uses a white noise machine to sleep at night, and the Hyatt's thin walls (as mentioned above) meant that a neighbor heard her sound machine and was disturbed. A Hyatt staff member came to her room, unlocked it, and barged into it - a fairly frightening experience for her.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Selby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Slightly concerned about this hotel before we arrived, based on the reviews on here, but really, what are you complaining about?!

In fairness, we stayed here during Ultra Music Festival (about 15 mins walk from the festy gates but far enough away not to be too bothered by the people & noise), Sony Tennis Championships & Music Week so i was expecting to be allocated a pretty rubbish room considering how much we paid for it, but i was pleasantly surprised.

The room was huge and had the best layout of any hotel room i'd ever stayed in, ever. And i've stayed in a lot of hotels! There was plenty of storage space, drawers, hanging space for cloths and a, small, but great bathroom. Yes, the vanity unit is a little 80's, but it was spotlessly clean. Having it outside of the bathroom meant that the 2 of us could get ready much quicker as one could use the sink whilst the other was showing. What's not to like?

The ONLY thing i can complain about is the state of the carpet. It was filthy and i mean filthy. I was actually worried about my shoes getting dirty walking on it! But that's it!

The public areas are really nice and not overpriced, especially for hotel prices. The food is really good and we loved grabbing a light breakfast from the Riverwalk cafe (queues can get long though, when there's a conference). I would have liked to have tried some more of the offerings in the restaurant, especially the Latin buffet, but we just didnt have time.

The hotel is in a great location with lovely views of the Miami River. Only 15 walk to Bayfront Marketplace and about 5 minutes to downtown stores & restaurants. There's also a Metromover stop a few minutes walk away which gives free travel around downtown. Cost us less than $20 for a taxi from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Well located hotel with quality service at a good price. Attended a conference and several of the rooms were less suitable for the kind of event that was occurring--limited wifi and some rooms quite dark and lecture/pew style rather than conversational. But easy to navigate and use, and affordable.

• Stayed April 2014
Newbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here for a conference my wife was attending, but with a last minute change in our travel arrangements necessitating an early morning arrival, she asked whether it would be possible to get an early check-in. Not only was this arranged, but we were upgraded to a suite as a standard room wasn't ready. Claret took great care of us and she was exceptional, having informed the front desk so they were aware of our situation when we arrived. Every staff member was most accommodating. Perhaps there are some rooms that prompted some of the other negative reviews, but ours was fine. Yes, the closet arrangement is a little unusual as another guest wrote, but we didn't spend much of our stay in it. My wife was satisfied with the workings of her meeting, finding the food exceptional, and we had an very good meal one night in the Riverwalk Cafe. Our server, Carlos, was most attentive to our needs. On Thursdays they have a three-course special for $25.00 with a choice of any starter, entree and dessert off the regular menu, a great deal, especially as my entree alone would have been $10.00 more. Negatives? Even on the 19th floor there is a constant rumble of traffic on US 1 below as it crosses over the drawbridge, hence some difficulty getting to sleep. There is no onsite parking, although valet is available, and if one doesn't plan on leaving, there is a secure parking garage with a walkway to the hotel at $19.00 for 24 hrs. Overall good for business and conferences.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!