“Nothing awful...but not good enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #65 of 129 hotels in Miami
Chicago, IL
“Nothing awful...but not good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here for only a weekend.

I admit I have had bad experiences with Hyatt Regency hotels in the past as they always feel a bit too much.

Regardless, the hotel was just average. The rooms are very large, but dated. definitely in need of renovation. I couldn't find a plug next to the bed for my cell phone in my room which is always annoying.

The service was actually good in all my interactions with them. Didn't utilize the restaurants, so I cannot comment on that.

Overall, its a good location, but no thrills inside. Not awful...but not great.

1,402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Only stayed 1 nite prior to cruise. Great Location to the Bayfront park, just a short nice walk along the water. The staff was amazing. Lobby, Restaurant, Bar all locations very nice. Room was good, carpet a little outdated, I actually didn't have a great view, but only one nite. It was clean (most important) and comfortable. Had late snack food at bar, great service, good atomsphere. Would stay again. Again, the staff was great!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
st. johns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Spent 2 nights at this hotel this week. Very friendly and attentive staff. Wonderful lobby. Room was just decent - expected a bit more from Hyatt. Room had a constant smell that was a bit off putting. Tv took a while to get a hang of it. Expensive parking but thats Miami downtown. good breakfast - very friendly staff. I got a decent price so overall a rating of 3.5 out of 5. The staff friendliness makes up for the hotel shortcomings

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I think the only folks who would give this a top rating don't travel often or haven't stayed at many Hyatt's.

We travel quite a bit and have about 6 - 8 hotel stays a year. We usually love Hyatt and the rooms are usually great.

I'm surprised that Hyatt has their name on this facility. The rooms are deplorable. The carpet is filthy, the lighting dismal and the beds uncomfortable. Add to that there is no refrigerator a very small, dark and basic bathroom dirty windows and it feels more like an outdated low price hotel.

When we booked the room, they told us it would be two queen beds but it's two fulls. That means my husband and I have to sleep in separate beds and I am sleeping with our 3 year old, who kicks me throughout the night, leaving me tired and sleepless. We requested another bed in the room, but they said since there are two beds, the fire code restricts them from adding one. The hotel is too full for us to change rooms.

I was a bit frustrated that they insisted these are queen size beds, as though I am some sort of bed novice or not that smart.

When we checked in, we tipped the bellman thinking he was bringing our bags up only to find they sent another bellman up (expecting another tip). We requested a refrigerator due to the fact that my daughter can't have dairy and we have to bring Almond milk with us.

They delivered the refrigerator which is haphazardly placed under our bathroom sink, taking up one of the only 2 outlets there. The guy who delivered the refrigerator literally stood in our foyer waiting for yet another tip.

The breakfast buffet is a shocking $24.99 a person and doesn't even have an omelet chef. The food was mediocre - more like a $10.00 buffet than a $24.99 one. We don't mind paying if it is premium and includes an omelet chef. It was also freezing in the dining room.

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location. However, it felt more like a Holiday Inn than a Hyatt. At over $250++ a night, it certainly isn't a moderate or higher end hotel.

On the bright side, the staff in the restaurant were excellent and welcoming. We appreciated how they treated us and our daughter.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were actually booked into this property twice earlier this month. First for two nights prior to our cruise and then another night after the cruise. On the plus side the hotel is well located close to the port of Miami, the public areas - foyer, restaurant, bar etc are worthy of the Hyatt name and finally, the staff are extremely helpful, friendly and obliging. Unfortunately the rooms are diabolical. Extremely tired and dated. Dirty stained carpets, grimy dirty windows and mud colored paint work which doesn't help the overall ambience. I was literally horrified when I walked into the room. I would not recommend this property which for $350US per night pre paid should have been much better. Definitely not worthy of the Hyatt name. I expected much better.

Padua, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel is in a central position downtown Miami . All personell very polite and efficient, and, above any rate, the restaurant employees have been very helpful in accommodating our requests which were out of the menu.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I pricelined the hotel and my rate was $100.00 (the average rate is $270), It was a short taxi ride from the airport ($24.00) and another short ride to the port ($24.00) From the moment we arrived to the time we left, we were given the royal treatment! The Valet, Bellman, and Check-in Clerk were happy and welcoming. When the Bellman delivered our suitcases, he gave us several recommendations for dinner and shopping. We ate at the hotel restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised by the great selection and wonderful meals. The Waiter (Carlos) introduced us to Mojitos and Chimichurri Steak. Both were fantastic. He brought us a couple of extra sides so that we could taste all of the Cuban dishes. The Plantains were great! When we received the check, we were very surprised to see that the Mojitos were comp'd. Our room was modern and extremely clean. The beds were not too hard and not too soft. And did I say clean??!! When it was time to leave for the port in the morning, our Bellman was prompt and the Valet had arranged for a Taxi to pick us up. From the beginning to the end, we could not have asked for more! We will definitely stay here again when cruising from Miami port.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!