“Always à sage option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #64 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Meise, Belgium
“Always à sage option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel after a really bad experience in another hotel and didn't want to take any more chances. Previous experiences with Hyatt have been confirmed. You can't go wrong here. Very friendly personnel, nice clean rooms, nice breakfast. Only point of critique would be the pool but this was a business hotel so we didn't really expect a Olympic size pool.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Turkish first
Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is well located in downtown Miami. We only stayed 1 night. The common areas are vast and well presented. Our room though was very dated in terms of decor. Although our room faced a highway it was not noisy. The breakfast buffet had a good selection. The lifts were a bit of a problem as they did not seem able to cope with the ammount of guests.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We just finished a seven day cruise and didn't plan to leave until the next day. We found this hotel on Priceline. When we checked in we were exhausted from travelling and needed to rest. They accommodated our early check in request so we were able to get some sleep before heading back out for dinner. Very quite, nice facility, well appointed. The food in the bar area is excellent, and the service is excellent. Our waiter was friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed ourselves very much! Great job by the staff members, and my compliments to management for a well run, customer service oriented, efficient hotel! Thank you!

Room Tip: The room was very quiet but the view was not attractive, as it overlooked the rooftops of other buil...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is ok. Nothing grand about it as some of the other Hyatt that I've stayed in. The lay out of the room, the bathroom, the sink, etc. are very dated. We only stayed for 1 night, therefore, not much to write about our experience except for what we've observed. The breakfast was basic.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a night before a cruise. Staff were extremely helpful, and were very kid friendly (gave the kids beach balls, chocolates, etc.). Room was very clean and had a nice river view. A short walk to restaurants and parks (as well as Bayside Mall), and just a few minutes cab ride to the Port of Miami.

Only con is that the immediate area is extremely pedestrian unfriendly - near some busy highway on-ramps - which was scary with kids.

Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is my first time to come to this website to write review since I was moved by this hotel's superior customer service during our stay. We found the deal from Priceline and booked this 4 star hotel at very good price! When we arrived hotel, somehow someone checked in my room under my same last name. The hotel customer service lady and her manager took a great care on this incidence, offered us a suite without additional cost, plus they offered us free valet parking due to that we waited about 30 minutes before they sorted out this issue. The service was great. There were always people around to help us for the luggages and getting cars in and out. This hotel is within walkinig distance to the restaurants around, and to the water front area. 4 star hotel in Miami downtown at great price! I would like recommend this hotel. If we go to Miami again, I will choose them again.

Room Tip: When you arrive to customer service, you can try to ask for whether you can get a free upgrade to a...
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and I like Hyatt and so I choose Hyatt regularly. So also this time. But what a disappointment. I knew that this is not the newest and most modern Hyatt but I did not expect it to be so bad. The rooms are really too old. They urgently need to be refurbished. The pool and sports area are just not good enough anymore. The roomservice did not bring the right orders. We had to wait over 20 minutes to get our car brought to us by the valet service. My bill was so wrong. Over 400$ was wrongly charged on my bill. The breakfast buffet is really not worth the 20$. The hotel was so busy with a large congress that we had to wait 15 minutes to get an elevator to even get to our room. And the staff was not really doing a whole lot to manage that large congress group. What really made me very angry is the way the staff handled my ice packs. I have to travel with medicins which have to stay cool at all times. So the evening before we left I asked the concierge to put my ice packs (which I use to cool my medicins while traveling) in the freezer for the night. The next day I got them back and they have not been in the freezer. The result: I had to change the schedule of my whole day to make sure my medicins were kept cold. Never before has a hotel messed this up so bad. This hotel is a mess. This is not Hyatt Regency standard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!