“Nice choice in the heart of Miami.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #63 of 129 Hotels in Miami
houston
“Nice choice in the heart of Miami.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Miami is a nice choice in the heart of Miami. It is located in downtown Miami.

The good:
- the rooms are nice and clean
- front desk is nice
- valet is prompt
- plentiful food choices at reasonable prices
- Enterprise car rental on-site
- great location

The not so good
- valet $31 (typical for area)
- a good distance from beaches
- mediocre fitness room
- always seems crowded
- even though there are many elevators, they seem slow.

A decent choice for downtown Miami

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Turkish first
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I took a cruise from Miami to the Bahamas and needed a place to stay for a couple days leading up to the departure from port. I chose the Hyatt Regency Miami via a deal on priceline.com and LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Now let me start by saying the price that I received was AMAZING! You can't beat $77/night, it was the fact that I checked out the hotel online and was extremely pleased by the pictures. I arrived to the hotel and was pleasantly greeted by the doorman, shared a joke or two with the front desk, saw the bar area and schemed a plot for the evening, then I head to my room. Talk about let down, my view was the back of a building, my room was tight, I didn't have a clean iron (rust stains on the bottom) and the biggest pet peeve: the shower was awkward to operate. I guess in the end I got what I paid for, but one thing I commend them for was the bed, it was MAGICAL! Not the greatest stay I've ever had but in the end it got the job done, it was inexpensive, located in a great area, and I still got to see the sites in Miami.

Room Tip: Make sure you're high up, that's what everyone told me upon checking out. Wish I'd known...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

First impression is what makes a good start, front desk staff Emily apologized for a short time to check in. Greeted us with a smile and warmth welcome. Valet drivers never let us waited too long whenever we needed their service! Rooms are clean, spacious, and accessible to restaurants and nearby attractions. We will definitely come back!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Greetings to you!

I will start by stating two positive observations: 1. The staff here are warm and caring and I genuinely appreciated that and 2. The location of the hotel is rather good if you need quick access to downtown businesses (corporate travelers) and the airport.

That said, there are plenty of superb hotels in downtown Miami that are dramatically better options than the Hyatt Regency. This hotel would have been current and relatively "hip" in 1993 - maybe. It is terribly out of date on so many levels that it stands in stark contrast to some of the newer hotels that are right outside the door. From popcorn ceilings to awful artwork, to overly designed carpets to the wrong choice of cleaning-agent aroma in the lobby areas....I could go on and on. Elevators often did not work, walls in the room were scuffed. All access to balconies were shut down (at least in my room the sliding door was sealed shut).

If the Hyatt had funds and just today (8/7/2013) I read in USA Today that they "surprised Wall Street" with good Q2 income, they should shut this hotel down for a year and completely re-do it. It would be money well spent.

Stay at the Epic, a Kimpton property right across the street. You'll be dramatically happier and more comfortable. My company must have a corporate rate with Hyatt and my room cost $109.00 per night, without tax. Not a bad $ amount and one has to be respectful of spending corporate resources. But, I will tell all my friends and colleagues who visit Miami never to stay at this hotel, unless not-so-sexy "retro" trips to 1993 are their thing. I will also suggest to our booking professional at the company to avoid booking people here.

Not a very good experience, overall. If "poor" is too harsh a rating, I might begrudgingly rate it "average", at the very best.

Bottom line: You have much, much, much better choices. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: IF you MUST stay here (and I advise against it) choose a higher floor, away from vending machines, e...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at quite a number of Hyatt Hotels over the years but this one unfortunately did not meet our expectation. Paper thin walls, uncomfortable beds and smelly. This hotel needs updating desparately. Location was good and room was clean but thats it.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room near ice machines
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Has been to this hotel 2 or 3 times now, The Hyatt has a very nice location as it is walking distance to Bayside and other Downtown restaurants, also next to it is the bridge that takes you to Brickell Ave with nice restaurants and night life close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was disappointed in this hotel. I have come to expect a better level of service, cleanliness and amenities from Hyatt. This hotel did not deliver.When I checked in the bathroom had not been cleaned. There was a dirty washcloth draped over the shower curtain. My internet never worked and the television only worked on two channels. I advised the front desk of my issues on three separate occasions and they did not seem interested. The hotel is located on the river and there was a charming walkway along the river to walk and get fresh air. Although not advised in the evenings. Homeless were living under the bridge next to the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!