“Very good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
“Very good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Has been to this hotel 2 or 3 times now, The Hyatt has a very nice location as it is walking distance to Bayside and other Downtown restaurants, also next to it is the bridge that takes you to Brickell Ave with nice restaurants and night life close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was disappointed in this hotel. I have come to expect a better level of service, cleanliness and amenities from Hyatt. This hotel did not deliver.When I checked in the bathroom had not been cleaned. There was a dirty washcloth draped over the shower curtain. My internet never worked and the television only worked on two channels. I advised the front desk of my issues on three separate occasions and they did not seem interested. The hotel is located on the river and there was a charming walkway along the river to walk and get fresh air. Although not advised in the evenings. Homeless were living under the bridge next to the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a work trip, luckily I only had to spend one night here. Staff aren't particularly welcoming or helpful, and they just simply don't know how to smile. Upon my arrival I had to ask them to clean the room, as there were breadcrumbs all over the carpet. The bathroom is simply horrible, it's tiny, dark and stinks. Furniture's all worn out.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This Hyatt is a bit worn but it is a great location and the service was exceptional. Of particular note was the bartender Hector. He makes cocktails to die for and gave us amazing information about Miami. He made us feel incredibly welcome. Go visit Hector and say hi from Scott & Jodi!

Room Tip: Ask about construction noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you're looking for a nice, clean, reasonably priced hotel to stay at while visiting downtown Miami, this is the place to stay! My husband and I wanted to stay nearby the port since we were taking a cruise the next day. This was the perfect location being that it was only about 5 minutes from our final destination. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the valet staff and the concierge desk. The hotel receptionist was very nice and even upgraded our room when she found out we had recently celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary. The view was pretty awesome overlooking the bay. Not only did we receive an upgrade, we were given 2 free drink coupons to their bar, Pure Verde, 2 free breakfasts at the Riverwalk Cafe and $21 off their valet parking ($40 during events)

Valet Parking: After leaving our car with the valet attendant, and heading up to our room, my husband realized his wallet was missing. After a mild panic attack, we decided to head back down to valet to see if we could retrieve our car to search it over. As soon as we approached the valet attendant who took our keys, he informed my husband that he had left his wallet in the car and so he didn't park it yet it hopes that he'd return soon to collect it. We were very thankful and of course relieved that the wallet wasn't lost and all it's contents intact. Pretty awesome!

Pure Verde: This is a modern lounge in the lobby of the Hyatt with a beautiful view of the canal outside the hotel. Our server was extremely friendly, personable and entertaining as we sipped on our free drinks courtesy of Hyatt and munched on some pretzels. I enjoyed the Verde Martini while my husband had a Long Island Iced Tea.

Our room: Our room was massive! Our room was equipped with a king size bed, tv, free wifi, sofa, chair, desk and a window the length of the entire room overlooking downtown and the bay. If there's anything you may have left behind, all you need to do is contact the desk and they'll leave whatever it is you need in a plastic bag on your doorknob. The only negative aspect of our room was that it smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room.

Riverwalk Cafe: We received complementary breakfasts here at the hotel's cafe. Though they have an extended menu to choose from, my husband and I ordered the breakfast buffet. If I had to describe the buffet using one word, it would have to be "Beautiful". Being the foodie that I am, I was in breakfast heaven! I had THE BEST Eggs Benedict I have ever had and that's saying a lot since these were found on a buffet under heat lamps! I can't even imagine how fantastic they would have been had I ordered them off the menu. The breakfast buffet runs about $18 per person but is well worth it considering the vast spread.

For only $98 per night, I think this was one spectacular deal!

Room Tip: The corner suites are very large. Check on Expedia before booking directly with the hotel. When I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tacarigua
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is basically a copy and paste of the review I submitted to Hyatt themselves... "Let me start by saying I have stayed at Hyatt's in Paris, London, and Trinidad so I have a fair idea of what to expect from a Hyatt brand hoteI, I never expected it to fall short on what I consider to be basic levels of Hotel service that Hyatt usually EXCELS at. I've stayed in crappy Holiday Inn Express hotels that we're cleaner, had better service and better BASIC amenities than this. My first hint as to what was in store came upon my arrival, the staff at the door completely ignored me even though I came out of a taxi with 3 large suitcases and 2 of carry on size, they all stood staring as if they were waiting to see the magic trick I was about to perform carrying all that luggage by myself, after having to request some assistance which, as simple as it sounds, I have NEVER had to do at a Hyatt brand hotel, one of them loaded my luggage onto a cart and rolled it inside the door where he promptly left it while I checked in, after checking in, I was offered no assistance to get my bags up to my room, I do not ever recall having to push a hotel cart full of luggage up to my room ever in my life, and although I would not be surprised if this were the case at some budget motel, but at a Hyatt? I would call myself a liar before I expected that. After clumsily navigating my way to my room I was instantly greeted by the smell of either smoke or a very odorous deodorizing agent trying and failing to mask the smell of smoke. Either way it was overpowering in what should have been a smoke free room, nonetheless I was only there for one night and the single redeeming item in the room was the big clean comfortable bed (at least they got that right). The amenities were extremely limited, no slippers, no robes, no free drinking water ($6.50 for plain old Aquafina????), no complimentary breakfast, no wired internet only wireless which was painfully slow, no tailoring kit, no shoe horn, and the list goes on, NONE of the regular Hyatt Regency amenities. It was literally just soap, shampoo, towels and toothpaste end of story. For checkout early the next morning I didn't bother wasting time asking for help and just carted my bags down myself and was on my way. In the end, had this been my first Hyatt experience it would have certainly been my last, it has tested my loyalty to the brand and robbed me of the assurance that the Hyatt brand worldwide is one I can trust with my expectations. Next time I'll just stay on south beach, it's WAY more fun."

Room Tip: Seriously, just go to South Beach. It's not worth it. Maybe my expectations are to high but it d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed with friends for one night in May. Personally I would not book a hotel 20 minutes away from the action in South Beach especially if that is where I intend to be most of the time. It's a really beautiful location in a nice part of downtown Miami. The views are breath taking as well. The pool water hurt my eyes because of the chlorine. But it was definitely spacious with a lot of lawn chairs for one to lay on. The room was also big and had a couch with a sofa bed.

I ate at the lounge on the first floor, I forgot the name. I had the bbq wings which were 5/10. The frozen margarita was quite tasteful. If you want to be near the action, go to south beach. But if you like the leisure and quiet. Or are in downtown Mia for business, go for it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!