“Hotel is outdated, service was good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #47 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Hotel is outdated, service was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights on business, which was taking place at the convention centre (reason for picking the hotel in the first place). Walking into the lobby, we got a great first impression and quick check in service. Unfortunately, the rooms were another story - they are dark, with windows that don't open and carpets that felt dirty (I didn't want to walk around barefoot). The room overall felt damp no matter what we changed the temperature/fan setting to (to the point that our bathing suits never dried). The bed was comfortable. The bathroom fixtures were very outdated. The rooms definitely need a facelift...hardwood floors would be a nice first step.

The breakfast buffet had a lot of nice options, although the eggs benedict were terrible (the english muffins hard as a rock). The pool is flanked by a busy road, and you can hear all the traffic, although it was a nice place to escape to during the day for some sunshine especially since the room got so little light. The gym was standard, nothing special. The service at the hotel was good.

The location was convenient for business, but all the shops and restaurants are in South beach which is a $20 cab ride (one way) and about 10-15 mins away depending on traffic.

I would not stay here again. I would definitely stay in South beach.

1 Thank lovetotravelgal45

Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt Miami for only one night pre cruise. Check in for quick and they gave us a nice higher floor room. The room was large (king bedroom), but it really does need uodating. Popcorn ceiling, dated and dirty carpet, small bathroom, etc. The room was fine, but could be much much better if they upgraded. We would stay here again for a one night pre cruise stay, but only if we got another great deal like we did this time ( we won the hotel on Priceline).

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alameda, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Service was 4 stars but hotel needs updating. The room was spacious and clean but a little outdated. Beds were comfortable and the city view was great. Room service was pretty good and quick. I would probably stay here again for another overnight.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I must say this hotel has the best service I've ever experienced. From the bell man to the busboy everyone went out of their way to make sure our experience was wonderful. When checking in, my husband mentioned that we were using this trip as a second honeymoon and we were upgraded to a suite. I was also able to get a refrigerator brought to our room because of health needs. My only complaint was the bed was uncomfortable and there was a party in a courtyard that was loud until 11 Pm. If you value excellent customer service, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

As some reviewers have said, this hotel failed to live up to the Hyatt Regency reputation. First, my room was dirty (some trash in the wardobe left by the previous guest) and a bit moldy. Secondly, the room layout was strange with a semi-open bathroom behind the bed. The weak lighting also gave an unpleansant ambiance. Worse of all, there wasn't any power outlet near to the bed for charging my phone so I had to remove the nightstand and unplugged the lamp to make one available. The property was old - which is fine - but the management should seriously think about a major renovation because the tired decor and faciities no longer inspired an upmarket image. It's just OK for a short business stay but if you are having a vacation find somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BandBtraveller
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Miami for a short conference. I like Hyatts and generally have a good expereince. This Hyatt is not up to the expectation that has earned Hyatt a good reputation as an upscale, comfortable business and leasure travel chain. Although they have put some cosmetic touch-ups in place such as granite tops on older dressers, there are many areas that have not been upgraded such as the carpets that are worn and stained. The caulking around the sink in the bathroom is cracking and discolored. I am allergic to feathers and asked for my bed to have the feather pillows and comforter replaced (a practice that it is so standard that it is a perfeerence in most hotel frequent guest profiles). I had asked for it with my reservation and it had not been done when I arrived - so housekeeping came and changed my bed. He brought two pillow, which was fine for me, but explained that he didnt have any more because they had run out. When he finished making the bed, I had no blanket. When I asked if there was a blanket in the room, he said that they were out of them but he would check the laundry to see if there were any. When I returned to my room later in the evening, thankfully there was a blanket.
The staff was very kind and helpful.
If this was a lesser brand hotel, I would have given it a higher rating because overall the beds were comfortable, room service was prompt, staff was nice.... but for a Hyatt Regency, it was tired and old and not well maintained.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the river and the other onto the roof of another building and the back o...
1 Thank JackiefromDC
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt regency recently and have to say it was a marvelous experience. I had a great room with a commanding view of the River and Coral Blue Bay. My room was very comfortable and spacious. Being only 7.5 miles to the Airport, a short walk to the American Airlines arena and countless restaurants - I particularly liked the locals pub Finnegan's across from the Viceroy. This property is a great place to stay downtown and in the thick of everything.

Room Tip: Ask about upgrade opportunity's. For a mere $15 per night, i upgraded to a suite that was over t...