“Great place for a business conference....and a HEAT game!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #63 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Findlay, Ohio
“Great place for a business conference....and a HEAT game!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Spent a week here recently for a conference. I loved the location on the Miami River. Easy walk to American Airlines Arena and Bayside Mall. I usually just walked to Bayside for dinner. Grabbed some Cuban food and an authentic mojito. What's not to love about that? My husband went fishing at marina near Bayside and caught a huge mahi mahi that was cooked immediately at a Bayside restaurant. We stayed Saturday and scalped some tickets to see LeBron and the boys play some ball. GREAT time.

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing the Miami River, it is ideal.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Turkish first
Livingston, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We needed a place to stay for one night before a cruise and had never spent any time in Miami. The Hyatt Miami was close to the cruise port so seemed like the right place. The Hyatt is attached to the convention center so we expected the usual convention center hotel -- very worn rooms but clean -- and wasn't surprised. In our room, the carpet was clean but stained and the bathroom tub had obviously been repaired. The front desk was terrific and got us into our room a couple hours earlier than expected. The noon check out is great as it a short ride to a 1PM check in. I was surprised that since the rooms were not inexpensive that internet service was not included.

A word of warning on the room taxes as Miami room taxes are over $50 for our room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to stay near the boat show attractions. This hotel was on the boat show website. For $260 per night I expected more. Parking is $31 per day and the resturant's food and atmosphere were substandard. We wished we would have stayed somewhere else due to the noise from the streets. We just feel that the hotel "nickel and dimes" you for every amenity. I would shop around and look for a better value. Rooms were ok. Staff was extremely friendly. Bathrooms were small and not impressive for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Overall I would need to say The Hyatt Regency Miami is an incredible property with really great staff. The really try hard to deliver incredible service and my only issue would be that sometimes the staff is way too formal for my taste. This is not necessarily a negative. Some people appreciate that professionalism and I do to a certain point, however sometimes I feel like it's a theatre were people are reading from a script, which if it makes guests feel comfortable then I guess that is what matters. I don't imagine it would actually be someones "pleasure" to hand me a pen, but I guess that is the obligation from the company brand standard, however if they were to reply "not a problem". That said, with less formality I would like the hotel even more, but as it stands it's a great hotel, even if it's still personality wise from time to time.

I really can't say enough about the food quality. My company paid so I might think it a bit high for breakfast buffet and the Currasco steak dinner, but I can't say anything against the high quality and delicious food options available to me. The food is of exceptional standards and quality with the service to match. Bravo!

As for the room. I found it to be very nice. I still don't understand why hotels leave so many pillows in the room, and I guess I never will. I suppose people always complain about their not being enough pillows, so maybe that's the reason...ok fine. The Wi-Fi is in the room, but you have to pay for it. Too me it's not a good think, as most hotels offer at least basic service without charge and I think it's a shame to have to pay for what most places give for free. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the living situation here also. A/C and hot water are never an issue!

It's a really nice place to stay. Enjoy it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bridge on the waterway for a nice view if one is available. It's nice...
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed one night in Hyatt before joining a cruise. We had some Hyatt Points to use up and they offer an excellent room plus hor'deuvres and continental breakfast with their package. Very good value but glad we didn't have to pay cash for the room. We were on the 23rd floor, way up but the noise was deafening. It seems that all the skyscrapers around funnel the road noise or helicopters or planes passing over. It was as though we had no windows at all. The hotel staff were wonderful, helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: pick a room that is not up too high so the noise doesn't keep you awake
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here for a conference but despite being on a corporate rate organised by the conference organiser, my Platinum gold passport status was recognised and I was checked straight into a junior suite. This was a pleasant surprise.

One advantage of this was free wifi - I have to be honest and say that I did not check the price for those who did not get it free, but for those who are not elite with Hyatt, there was a charge.

The room was spacious (as a junior suite is should have been!) with windows facing two directions, including a view of the water. The air con was fine, although the TV not being HD (or at least not appearing to be) was a surprise. I did not experience the noise issues some other reviewers have commented on.

Fixtures and furniture were in good condition and the king bed was very comfortable. The carpets looked tired however and may be it is time for a refresh to just smarten up the flooring.

I ate breakfast in the cafe area with colleagues. It was buffet style and was included in my room rate - it would have been disappointingly expensive. The food was fine, but the selection was disappointing when I compare it to similar spec elite hotels in cities.

The hotel is linked to the conference centre, which sits next to the Miami River. It is also a short walk to Bayfront Park and the shopping area at Bayshore Marketplace. But the highlight of the stay was seeing first a dolphin and then a manatee in the Miami River right outside the hotel. The river traffic was fascinating, with sizeable container vessels passing the hotel, so to see a Manatee happily swimming along in the middle of the city was THE highlight!

Check out was quick, and the bill accurate. I have no hesitation in recommending.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was my first stay at the Hyatt Regency Miami and first stay in quite some time in a Hyatt branded property. Good location downtown and right on the river.

Check in was fast and efficient. Front Desk Attendant recognized my Gold Passport status and quickly moved me through the check in process. One miss for the front desk was that I was not asked during check in if I had stayed at the property before. It would have been beneficial to get an explanation of facilities and hotel offerings.

My room was on the 19th floor. The room was nice and very quiet. Upon settling into the room, I realized the TV was not working, so on my next trip down to the front desk I asked them to have someon check. By the time I got back up to the room later that evening it had been fixed.

The room was nice, although not to well laid out for convenience. The sitting chair and ottoman were next to the TV, so not really in a good place to be able to relax and watch the TV. This was the first hotel room I have been in that actually had a good sized walk in closet. Definitely plenty of space for all the luggage and hanging of clothes. The furniture was in good shape. The bathroom was a little odd given the layout and the door opening out from the toilet / shower room to the closet / sink area.

The fitness center was pretty good. Could use a little more equipment and maintenance on existing equipment. Plenty of towels and headsets available for use. They even had cold, damp clothes in a refridge for use after your workout. Great touch and not something seen to often in most hotels.

I was able to enjoy the lobby bar / restaurant on two occasions. Both times, I spent several hours taking up a high top table in the bar area working and enjoying the views of the river. The wait staff are very responsive and friendly. Both Angelica and Alberta were great servers and took awesome care of me for two evenings. The food was very good as well. I especially enjoyed the fresh local grilled mahi mahi sandwich. I highly recommend.

For business trips, I would recommend this hotel for its service and facilities.

Room Tip: High floors are better for quiet sleeping without the street and river noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!