“Very Nice but so noisy!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #49 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Connecticut
“Very Nice but so noisy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed one night in Hyatt before joining a cruise. We had some Hyatt Points to use up and they offer an excellent room plus hor'deuvres and continental breakfast with their package. Very good value but glad we didn't have to pay cash for the room. We were on the 23rd floor, way up but the noise was deafening. It seems that all the skyscrapers around funnel the road noise or helicopters or planes passing over. It was as though we had no windows at all. The hotel staff were wonderful, helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: pick a room that is not up too high so the noise doesn't keep you awake
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Turkish first
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here for a conference but despite being on a corporate rate organised by the conference organiser, my Platinum gold passport status was recognised and I was checked straight into a junior suite. This was a pleasant surprise.

One advantage of this was free wifi - I have to be honest and say that I did not check the price for those who did not get it free, but for those who are not elite with Hyatt, there was a charge.

The room was spacious (as a junior suite is should have been!) with windows facing two directions, including a view of the water. The air con was fine, although the TV not being HD (or at least not appearing to be) was a surprise. I did not experience the noise issues some other reviewers have commented on.

Fixtures and furniture were in good condition and the king bed was very comfortable. The carpets looked tired however and may be it is time for a refresh to just smarten up the flooring.

I ate breakfast in the cafe area with colleagues. It was buffet style and was included in my room rate - it would have been disappointingly expensive. The food was fine, but the selection was disappointing when I compare it to similar spec elite hotels in cities.

The hotel is linked to the conference centre, which sits next to the Miami River. It is also a short walk to Bayfront Park and the shopping area at Bayshore Marketplace. But the highlight of the stay was seeing first a dolphin and then a manatee in the Miami River right outside the hotel. The river traffic was fascinating, with sizeable container vessels passing the hotel, so to see a Manatee happily swimming along in the middle of the city was THE highlight!

Check out was quick, and the bill accurate. I have no hesitation in recommending.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was my first stay at the Hyatt Regency Miami and first stay in quite some time in a Hyatt branded property. Good location downtown and right on the river.

Check in was fast and efficient. Front Desk Attendant recognized my Gold Passport status and quickly moved me through the check in process. One miss for the front desk was that I was not asked during check in if I had stayed at the property before. It would have been beneficial to get an explanation of facilities and hotel offerings.

My room was on the 19th floor. The room was nice and very quiet. Upon settling into the room, I realized the TV was not working, so on my next trip down to the front desk I asked them to have someon check. By the time I got back up to the room later that evening it had been fixed.

The room was nice, although not to well laid out for convenience. The sitting chair and ottoman were next to the TV, so not really in a good place to be able to relax and watch the TV. This was the first hotel room I have been in that actually had a good sized walk in closet. Definitely plenty of space for all the luggage and hanging of clothes. The furniture was in good shape. The bathroom was a little odd given the layout and the door opening out from the toilet / shower room to the closet / sink area.

The fitness center was pretty good. Could use a little more equipment and maintenance on existing equipment. Plenty of towels and headsets available for use. They even had cold, damp clothes in a refridge for use after your workout. Great touch and not something seen to often in most hotels.

I was able to enjoy the lobby bar / restaurant on two occasions. Both times, I spent several hours taking up a high top table in the bar area working and enjoying the views of the river. The wait staff are very responsive and friendly. Both Angelica and Alberta were great servers and took awesome care of me for two evenings. The food was very good as well. I especially enjoyed the fresh local grilled mahi mahi sandwich. I highly recommend.

For business trips, I would recommend this hotel for its service and facilities.

Room Tip: High floors are better for quiet sleeping without the street and river noise.
Reading, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel in general was nice, but even though we were on the 15th floor, it was still quite noisy(street and truck noise). The room could have been cleaner. There was visible food debris and lint on the floor, that should have been picked up by vacuum. The bathtub had settled in dirt, it needs a really good cleaning. Lastly, the room smelled like old smoke masked by a freshener. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Location was great, you could walk to the harbor and Bayside marketplace within 5-10-min..

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am hoping that the dated rooms on the floor I was staying on are reserved for the deep discounts of Priceline etc. if so, everybody wins and this hotel rocks. However, if I payed $250.00 plus for the room I got, I would be quite disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Valet and checkin were extremely helpful. Valet in the morning gave me a different route to my morning meeting as he is also a cab driver and knows the traffic patterns.

I received a large corner room upon check in. Rooms are a lot like the Intercon next doors. Everything is beige and boring. Very clean though. Nice king size bed and the linens were nice. TV worked well. Shower head was terrible, I felt like I was in Paris with no water pressure. That is an easy fix that they should step it up in that regard!

This property is a factory, in and out. If you want the beach stay at the beach.

Fitness center is very small for the size of the hotel but has nice equipment, the pool is also small.

Breakfast buffet was nice, simple buffet, a little pricy but to be expected.

Fitness center is a little

Ft Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I redeemed 15,000 points from my Hyatt Gold Passport for one night here. My wife and I stayed Saturday night just for a quick getaway from the kids. We checked in at 4pm.

The parking is Self Park for $19 per day or valet for $31 plus tip. We self parked.

The location is great. Right on the river and a short walk to Bayside.

Check in was friendly. Although the clerk didn't explain any of the amenities in the hotel including the benefits of the Regency Club level.

We were given a room on the Regency Club level floor 23 or 24. We stayed in 2429. The room was ok. It was mostly clean, but darkly lit. The vanity area was very dark and no good for women and makeup for sure. The bathroom was small and darly lit. The shower head wa low. I am 6'1 and it was about 3 inches too short and would'nt adjust.

The Regency club level has a miny happy hour with small apps and soda, tea, juice for free as well as beer and wine for purchase. They also have a small Continental breakfast included with fruit, ceral and pastry as well as juice and coffee.

The bed was the highlight. It was very comfortable from the matress to the linen.

Internet is $10 a day and the Wifi at the top floor is bad. Don;t waste your money.

If I was paying more than $150 I would look somewhere else. It was ok for a nigth away and free.

It has a bar that seemed pretty nice. We did not try the restuarants.