“Nice Property - Good Facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #64 of 129 hotels in Miami
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Property - Good Facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was my first stay at the Hyatt Regency Miami and first stay in quite some time in a Hyatt branded property. Good location downtown and right on the river.

Check in was fast and efficient. Front Desk Attendant recognized my Gold Passport status and quickly moved me through the check in process. One miss for the front desk was that I was not asked during check in if I had stayed at the property before. It would have been beneficial to get an explanation of facilities and hotel offerings.

My room was on the 19th floor. The room was nice and very quiet. Upon settling into the room, I realized the TV was not working, so on my next trip down to the front desk I asked them to have someon check. By the time I got back up to the room later that evening it had been fixed.

The room was nice, although not to well laid out for convenience. The sitting chair and ottoman were next to the TV, so not really in a good place to be able to relax and watch the TV. This was the first hotel room I have been in that actually had a good sized walk in closet. Definitely plenty of space for all the luggage and hanging of clothes. The furniture was in good shape. The bathroom was a little odd given the layout and the door opening out from the toilet / shower room to the closet / sink area.

The fitness center was pretty good. Could use a little more equipment and maintenance on existing equipment. Plenty of towels and headsets available for use. They even had cold, damp clothes in a refridge for use after your workout. Great touch and not something seen to often in most hotels.

I was able to enjoy the lobby bar / restaurant on two occasions. Both times, I spent several hours taking up a high top table in the bar area working and enjoying the views of the river. The wait staff are very responsive and friendly. Both Angelica and Alberta were great servers and took awesome care of me for two evenings. The food was very good as well. I especially enjoyed the fresh local grilled mahi mahi sandwich. I highly recommend.

For business trips, I would recommend this hotel for its service and facilities.

Room Tip: High floors are better for quiet sleeping without the street and river noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

1,413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Turkish first
Reading, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel in general was nice, but even though we were on the 15th floor, it was still quite noisy(street and truck noise). The room could have been cleaner. There was visible food debris and lint on the floor, that should have been picked up by vacuum. The bathtub had settled in dirt, it needs a really good cleaning. Lastly, the room smelled like old smoke masked by a freshener. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Location was great, you could walk to the harbor and Bayside marketplace within 5-10-min..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I am hoping that the dated rooms on the floor I was staying on are reserved for the deep discounts of Priceline etc. if so, everybody wins and this hotel rocks. However, if I payed $250.00 plus for the room I got, I would be quite disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Valet and checkin were extremely helpful. Valet in the morning gave me a different route to my morning meeting as he is also a cab driver and knows the traffic patterns.

I received a large corner room upon check in. Rooms are a lot like the Intercon next doors. Everything is beige and boring. Very clean though. Nice king size bed and the linens were nice. TV worked well. Shower head was terrible, I felt like I was in Paris with no water pressure. That is an easy fix that they should step it up in that regard!

This property is a factory, in and out. If you want the beach stay at the beach.

Fitness center is very small for the size of the hotel but has nice equipment, the pool is also small.

Breakfast buffet was nice, simple buffet, a little pricy but to be expected.

Fitness center is a little

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ft Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I redeemed 15,000 points from my Hyatt Gold Passport for one night here. My wife and I stayed Saturday night just for a quick getaway from the kids. We checked in at 4pm.

The parking is Self Park for $19 per day or valet for $31 plus tip. We self parked.

The location is great. Right on the river and a short walk to Bayside.

Check in was friendly. Although the clerk didn't explain any of the amenities in the hotel including the benefits of the Regency Club level.

We were given a room on the Regency Club level floor 23 or 24. We stayed in 2429. The room was ok. It was mostly clean, but darkly lit. The vanity area was very dark and no good for women and makeup for sure. The bathroom was small and darly lit. The shower head wa low. I am 6'1 and it was about 3 inches too short and would'nt adjust.

The Regency club level has a miny happy hour with small apps and soda, tea, juice for free as well as beer and wine for purchase. They also have a small Continental breakfast included with fruit, ceral and pastry as well as juice and coffee.

The bed was the highlight. It was very comfortable from the matress to the linen.

Internet is $10 a day and the Wifi at the top floor is bad. Don;t waste your money.

If I was paying more than $150 I would look somewhere else. It was ok for a nigth away and free.

It has a bar that seemed pretty nice. We did not try the restuarants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel has really gone downhill recently. It's an old property that really needs to be upgraded. The reception area looks good but the rooms are a different matter. They smell awful. Sort of a musty smell. The decor is dated. Paintwork scuffed. The overall feeling is that of a rather dirty shabby room. The bathroom is tiny and not very well appointed.

The pool area is noisy (there's a water bridge that constantly goes up and down. The gym is small and doesn't have much equipment.

Given that this is a Hyatt it really doesn't live up to its name.

• Stayed February 2013
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Hyatt management knows that this hotel is not of Hyatt standards or they would have never given me a partial refund. When you book a Hyatt room you expect Hyatt quality, especially in Miami ! The hotel key I was given did not work for the elevator or my room multiple times. No joke, my room had really nice furniture placed in a dark, old and dingy room with a disgusting carpet ( I would not even think about taking my socks off on this carpet). I had a choice to unplug the lamp or alarm clock so that I could plug in my phone charger. The good part of my review of this hotel is that the people that work at this hotel were really nice and the hotel manager that read my Hyatt hotel review gave me a refund. Getting a refund for this hotel is not going to keep me from writing a bad review. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone even with a cheap rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!