“We always coma back to this hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Sao Paulo, SP
“We always coma back to this hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a very good option, with a good price and good location. With hyatt seal of quality! The room is good, the staff is very kind. I really recomend for couples and families. They have packages in their site, where you can find very good proces when combining with car rental or flights!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Turkish first
Gateshead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The room was clean and the bed comfortable but the room itself was dated for the amount paid for staying there. Breakfast was included and this helped to make it better value for money. The breakfast was self service with plenty of choices. I found all the staff I had contact with friendly and helpful and willing to show me how to get to places I wanted to go. It was central for downtown Miami and public transport easily accessible as I do not drive when I am on holiday

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was my second time staying here and once again, it was comfortable and the staff were friendly and always eager to help as always. Although most hotels have friendly staff, the Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami always tries to go above and beyond expectations; Even housekeeping staff, the most tired and overworked of the bunch, appear really friendly and cheerful.

The reason I did not rate this 5 stars is because it could be cleaner. I think rather than vacuuming, the carpet needs to be washed regularly. My sister's socks were darkened just by walking around our room. The windows are also dirty and have prints from all the other people who touched it. I know this is a minor issue, but attention to detail is important and leaving this out makes me wonder if the other (opaque) surfaces are just as dirty. We stayed in the hypoallergenic room which included a humidifier. I did not bother trying to turn it on because it had lots of dust on it. I think the staff should focus on cleaning the rooms more thoroughly rather than just making it "appear" clean.

Overall, I would stay here again because the price is very reasonable for its prime location. Next time, rather than socks, we're going to bring house slippers and opt for the standard room because it really isn't any different from the hypoallergenic room.

Room Tip: Bring house slippers.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

It is not 4star hotel ,it is just 3star and old fasion.Hotel charge is $30 and $10 for internet,no breakfast.It is in Dtown but suggest Holydays Inn becuase of its excellent location.I found a parking at 900 NE3rd St which belonged to a college very cheap on weekend(search it as I am not sure about NE or SW).

Room Tip: The room infront of bridge are very noisy.
Pontiac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We've stayed all over Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Coral Gables. This was our first time staying at a hotel in Downtown Miami. Our stay was for 4 days and I have no complaints about the hotel except the excessive daily valet fee of $31 per day. The Staff, Lobby, and atmosphere was very acceptable but the room was fair to good. We were on the 22nd floor and had no disturbances as it pertains to rest. I was able to get the accommodations through priceline for $70 per night and The Hyatt gave us our monies worth.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This old 600-room hotel has all the charm of a former Howard Johnson's that has gotten a new lipstick smear. The lobby is pretty. But walk the halls with the faded carpets and oldish wallpaper and the impression is different. Enter the rooms, and whoa! Tiny bathrooms. Our shower curtain hung limply from a rod that was loose. Dim Ceausescu-era lightbulbs in the bath room. To make matters worse, on our second day we returned late at night to find that no one had made up the room. We'd have no fresh towels, no coffee in the room the next day. This my friends, is not up to the standards I expected from a Hyatt. Nor should you.

Room Tip: Look for any other option. We had a meal at the Courtyard next door, and it seemed much better value...
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel two nights before our cruise trip. It is located close to other means of transportation such as metromover which runs free of charge in the downtown area and buses which go to Miami beaches and Aventura mall (2 dollars per ride). It is also within walking distance to downtown shopping area and bayside mall. If you plan to go to on a cruise, it is not far from the port of Miami.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and clean but the deco is a bit outdated. It is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!