“Service was great. Rooms could use some work.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #64 of 129 hotels in Miami
Outer Banks NC
“Service was great. Rooms could use some work.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here prior to a cruise. The location was very convient to the public transportation and walking distance to some attractions. The lobby area and lounge were very nice as well as other areas. The service thru out the facility was fantastic! The front desk and lounge staffs were top notch! The rooms on the other hand were a dissapointment. Ours had some mold in the tub that been caulked over and was coming back. The curtain was covered with dust next to the air duct. The walls had many black marks that detracted from the room and the rug was a bit dirty. Our room overlooked the bridge and waterway which made for a nice view but, we had street noise all night. Initial impression downstairs of this Hyatt was WOW. The rooms brought the experience way down. Would look at some other properties in this area next time.

1,425 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Miami 07Nov2012 for a business trip. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is central. My room was a double on the 16th floor - great view of the lock and drawbridge and gorgeous adjoining buildings but a bit noisy. Street noise was remarkably loud as was the ice machine directly across from my room. The property is older and does not appear to have been renovated any time recently but was adequate for my short stay.
I enjoyed the large granite work desk, nice view and extra large closet. The bathroom was a bit claustrophobic. The dressing area was separated by a short wall from the rest of the room affording a bit of privacy. The beds were comfortable though the one I chose to sleep on did have some stray hair on the linens. Aside from the loud traffic sounds, I could not adjust the heat and was cold all evening. No matter how high I turned the thermostat, the fan seemed to only blow cool air. I didn't notice any room service menus in the room so was forced to go downstairs to the lobby to eat at the restaurant there. The menu had only a few items and staff was helpful but almost too friendly. I got the blackened mahi-mahi sandwich which was delicious and Key lime pie for dessert. The iced tea was really good and the prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant. Wifi was free for me because my client paid and connection was fast and easy. From the windows in the dining room on the lower level near the conference rooms,we could see tugs maneuvering a huge freighter through the canal - quite a treat. The grounds and surroundings were beautiful and there was a large veranda open to the canal on the back side of the hotel. I'm not sure what sort of breakfast items are normally served but for our meeting group pastries and melon were provided. Since many of the meeting attendees were medical professionals, the lack of protein and choices of fruit was duly noted. Good for business trips - I would probably recommend to colleagues.

Room Tip: My room faced the back of the hotel and was very noisy thanks to the heavily traveled street below b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were put up at this hotel after a long delay on our flight back to London with British Airways.

Check in was quick and easy and the staff very helpful. As it was our honeymoon the staff kindly upgraded us to a suite (Miami Suite).

Due to the delay we were giving free meals served in hotel which we could not fault the food.

The room itself was large and had all amenities however was slightly disappointing for a suite but we certainly were not complaining.

There is no pool at this hotel and is more a business hotel in my opinion but there is a shop in the hotel. There is also a cafe and bar and restaurant.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed on a biz trip at client's insistence. Much about the hotel was excellent, particularly the desk staff and the breakfast. Put off by the nickel dining, however. Parking was either a very expensive valet or a nearly as expensive self park in a distant and dingy garage structure. And why do high end versions of a chain charge for internet access when the lower end properties of the same name don't? Oh yeah, because they can. Overall, good room but the "incidentals" added up to about 25% of the overall cost. Sorry Hyatt, won't go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kissimmee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I got this room on Priceline for one night before a cruise. The hotel is in a great spot for cruisers. It took us 5 minutes to get to the port. The hotel staff was great. Lauren at the front desk was very friendly and made me feel welcome. The lobby is beautiful.
My husband parked the car while I checked in and had to walk thru a tunnel from the parking to the hotel with no lights!!!! I'm glad it wasn't me because I don't think I would have made it!! Maybe they need to look in to that. Our room was on the twelfth floor and it was clean and well appointed. Like others have mentioned, it could use some renovation. Carpets were stained in spots, paint needed touch up all over or just a full repaint. There was A LOT of road noise that could be heard, so light sleepers might want to request a higher floor.
Overall it was a great stay for one night, and I would return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are Hyatt Platinum members, and have been for years. We've stayed in Regencies, Grand Hyatt, and other in-brand hotels/resorts around the US and through Asia. Our last stay before this was in Singapore. We were attending an event in downtown Miami and needed a hotel based on location, more than any other reason. Of course, being so pleased with the Hyatt brand, we booked at the Hyatt Regency, Miami. The long-and-the-short of it is that while this hotel's location is great for Downtown events/conventions, the decor, design, and general appearance of this hotel lacks much of what draws us to Hyatt. Please do not get me wrong. The facility was clean, and appeared well-kept, however; the design of public spaces is not conducive to relaxation, luxury, or contemporary design. The rooms (although the bed was very comfortable) was probably the oddest configuration of any hotel I've stay, and well below the Hyatt standard. We valet parked our car. We were offered no assistance with luggage, there was no doorman. I waited in front of the empty cafe order counter for 7 minutes without being acknowledged. I left. The walls in our room were tattered and worn, with a dozen "patches" of different-colored paint fixes to try to hide the damage. Check-in and out were easy and pleasant, however, the wait for our car from valet was less-than-desirable. At check-in, I made the attendant aware we were Hyatt Platinum members...this got us "nothing." When I say "nothing," I mean nothing. No room upgrade, no additional service offerings, no description of the amenities, no turn-down service...nothing. The pool area was very dated also. I suppose if you were a business traveler, this hotel would "do," however as a vacation stay, this certainly did not live up to our expectations of the Hyatt brand. We will not be back.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is an ideal location in downtown Miami. I am a diamond member and have stayed on the regency floor. The suites are very large and have breath taking views. The rooms have been recently renovated as well. The customer service is excellent as well.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!