“British Airways Delay Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Glasgow
“British Airways Delay Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were put up at this hotel after a long delay on our flight back to London with British Airways.

Check in was quick and easy and the staff very helpful. As it was our honeymoon the staff kindly upgraded us to a suite (Miami Suite).

Due to the delay we were giving free meals served in hotel which we could not fault the food.

The room itself was large and had all amenities however was slightly disappointing for a suite but we certainly were not complaining.

There is no pool at this hotel and is more a business hotel in my opinion but there is a shop in the hotel. There is also a cafe and bar and restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed on a biz trip at client's insistence. Much about the hotel was excellent, particularly the desk staff and the breakfast. Put off by the nickel dining, however. Parking was either a very expensive valet or a nearly as expensive self park in a distant and dingy garage structure. And why do high end versions of a chain charge for internet access when the lower end properties of the same name don't? Oh yeah, because they can. Overall, good room but the "incidentals" added up to about 25% of the overall cost. Sorry Hyatt, won't go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kissimmee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I got this room on Priceline for one night before a cruise. The hotel is in a great spot for cruisers. It took us 5 minutes to get to the port. The hotel staff was great. Lauren at the front desk was very friendly and made me feel welcome. The lobby is beautiful.
My husband parked the car while I checked in and had to walk thru a tunnel from the parking to the hotel with no lights!!!! I'm glad it wasn't me because I don't think I would have made it!! Maybe they need to look in to that. Our room was on the twelfth floor and it was clean and well appointed. Like others have mentioned, it could use some renovation. Carpets were stained in spots, paint needed touch up all over or just a full repaint. There was A LOT of road noise that could be heard, so light sleepers might want to request a higher floor.
Overall it was a great stay for one night, and I would return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are Hyatt Platinum members, and have been for years. We've stayed in Regencies, Grand Hyatt, and other in-brand hotels/resorts around the US and through Asia. Our last stay before this was in Singapore. We were attending an event in downtown Miami and needed a hotel based on location, more than any other reason. Of course, being so pleased with the Hyatt brand, we booked at the Hyatt Regency, Miami. The long-and-the-short of it is that while this hotel's location is great for Downtown events/conventions, the decor, design, and general appearance of this hotel lacks much of what draws us to Hyatt. Please do not get me wrong. The facility was clean, and appeared well-kept, however; the design of public spaces is not conducive to relaxation, luxury, or contemporary design. The rooms (although the bed was very comfortable) was probably the oddest configuration of any hotel I've stay, and well below the Hyatt standard. We valet parked our car. We were offered no assistance with luggage, there was no doorman. I waited in front of the empty cafe order counter for 7 minutes without being acknowledged. I left. The walls in our room were tattered and worn, with a dozen "patches" of different-colored paint fixes to try to hide the damage. Check-in and out were easy and pleasant, however, the wait for our car from valet was less-than-desirable. At check-in, I made the attendant aware we were Hyatt Platinum members...this got us "nothing." When I say "nothing," I mean nothing. No room upgrade, no additional service offerings, no description of the amenities, no turn-down service...nothing. The pool area was very dated also. I suppose if you were a business traveler, this hotel would "do," however as a vacation stay, this certainly did not live up to our expectations of the Hyatt brand. We will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is an ideal location in downtown Miami. I am a diamond member and have stayed on the regency floor. The suites are very large and have breath taking views. The rooms have been recently renovated as well. The customer service is excellent as well.

• Stayed November 2012
Quad Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here prior to a cruise and found the hotel to be in a very convenient location to downtown and port area. We walked from bayside marketplace back to the hotel. Took about 10-12 minutes. Cab fare to port was $8. The lobby is very nice and open with a terrific breakfast buffet. As far as the valet I'm used to paying $55/night in Chicago so the $30 here seams reasonable to me.

The rooms are a little dated and carpet is a little rough but are decent, clean and comfortable. I can see where some would feel compelled to complain about room quality but the economical costs help make up for the lack of quality. It was a little disappointing not having an operable balcony but not a deal breaker.

I would stay here again. On a 1-5 rating I give this hotel a 3.

• Stayed November 2012
St Augustine, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I think the hotel has seen better days, nithing particularly wrong but nothing seemed outstanding either. Istarted to go for a walk alomg the water and there were two guys camped out under the overpass with full bedrolls, etc so the area seemed a little dicey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!