“Decent hotel, good location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #66 of 130 hotels in Miami
Quad Cities
“Decent hotel, good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here prior to a cruise and found the hotel to be in a very convenient location to downtown and port area. We walked from bayside marketplace back to the hotel. Took about 10-12 minutes. Cab fare to port was $8. The lobby is very nice and open with a terrific breakfast buffet. As far as the valet I'm used to paying $55/night in Chicago so the $30 here seams reasonable to me.

The rooms are a little dated and carpet is a little rough but are decent, clean and comfortable. I can see where some would feel compelled to complain about room quality but the economical costs help make up for the lack of quality. It was a little disappointing not having an operable balcony but not a deal breaker.

I would stay here again. On a 1-5 rating I give this hotel a 3.

• Stayed November 2012

1,437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Turkish first
St Augustine, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I think the hotel has seen better days, nithing particularly wrong but nothing seemed outstanding either. Istarted to go for a walk alomg the water and there were two guys camped out under the overpass with full bedrolls, etc so the area seemed a little dicey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My stay was quick(business ) but very nice!
I had great experience at the river walk cafe! The food and service was fantastic!! The blond hostess was very welcoming! I loved it! I will recommend for my friends !:)

• Stayed November 2012
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I've been to so many hotels around Miami and I'm not too hard to impress. All I want is a clean hotel; size is not too much of a priority for me. This hotel was so nice outside, and pictures looked great. As soon as I arrived, I thought the hotel was nice and the lobby was beautiful. But when I got to my room, it just got worse and worse throughout my 3 night stay. The rug was sticky and dirty, and the next thing I noticed was the fake balcony. Don't come here and plan on enjoying your view. The balconies throughout the hotel are all sealed shut! Apparently someone tried to commit suicide years back. I also noticed that my sheets were stained and had hairs in them. The crazy man that came 10 minutes after I called the front desk to replace them was nice and changed them quickly, with another stained pair of sheets but I guess I was a little more comfortable with the fact that they might have come out of the machine so they might be new with permanent stains. The last thing I experienced that made me write this review was the lack of housekeeping in my room. I had to call this morning to have them come by while I'm gone, on my third day in my trip. I won't be staying here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the first time I visited the Miami back in 2006. Back then it was incredible to stay at this property. Staff were very pleasant and the food was also great. I stayed at that time on the 20 something floor and had breath taking view of the city and the port.

It was great then I dont know whats happening now

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel needs a serious overhall..The rooms are tiny, don't seem to be clean and the carpets grossed me out.
The staff was friendly and helpful and they have little to no control on the monies management/ownership spends on these items.
Find somewhere else..At least you know staying at a residence inn the rooms will be clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed 4 nights in the hotel during our city trip to Miami.
+The Hotel is located in Miami downtown - few restaurants, shops are within walking distance.
+/- hotel parking (Valet only) is available at elevated prices (31 USD/night). Public parkings offering considerably lower flatrates for weekend are within walking distance.
+The hotel lobby is nice and bright, offers a concierge advising you about local attractions.
+Check in/out process is quick and efficient, hotel staff is friendly and helpfull.
+/-rooms are functional and big (was upgraded to a suite on 20th floor with niece views to surrounding buildings. Balcony is not accessible and windows were not clean. Room equipment was working but has seen better days (10-15 yrs old). Coffee machine available in room as well as a big flat screen with 40+ channels (allthough nearly no foreign channels available).
+got the hotel room @ very reasonable price (hotwire rate).

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor