“Not a very good option” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #50 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Curitiba, PR
“Not a very good option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Hyatt just for 1 night but for the price that we payed trough Priceline (USD80) was the same that we payed a night before for Intercontinental, which was 5 times better!
- very old hotel
- rooms are ok but we had problems with the shower
- small and old pool
- tunnel to the free metromover
- expensive breakfast 22dollars
- no free Internet access

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were a little concerned about our choice based on some of the reviews on trip advisor but let us assure you that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is fabulous and the staff are really friendly. We loved our buffet breakfast and had wonderful drinks at the pure verde lounge - loooved the Martinis. Thank you Jimmy!! We would absolutely come back here on a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is run down, dated, and dirty. It is in dire need of a complete renovation.
The view is great, but you can't open the balcony door... so the balcony seems pointless. The bathroom is super small, and the rooms are dark with poor lighting. The TV is a very small flat screen.

We ate in the bar restaurant in the lobby. The staff apparently had a shift change and we were forgotten. After waiting 30 minutes (after our meal was done) for a check, I finally went and asked for help. The people who were waiting on us left without a word of goodbye, nor did they inform the incoming shift that we were mid-meal. The manager discounted our meal (by a whole five dollars!).

All in all, I would not stay at this hotel again and would not recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have read several reviews for this hotel and to say it's not worth the money or not a quality hotel is really not accurate. Granted I started the trip for business, but I returned back to the hotel after a cruise and it was just as fantastic.
Front Desk staff were quite pleasant, helpful and went out of their way to assit and make sure our stay was pleasurable.
Our rooms on both stays were on different floors but still I had a fantastic view, great linens and comfortable bed. Very spacious, clean smelling and looking.Food and bar service was good with equal prices to any hotel I've ever stayed in.
We had the misfortune of leaving some items in the safe and immediately after our departure and at the airport realized, this was handled professionally, quickly and without any error in our items. I would defintely recommend this hotel and plan to stay there very soon.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 14th floor. Corner suites are also a great view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Hyatt Miami in downtown brickell because I was participating in a race and I was given a special rate from the race organizers. I figured it was only for one night and hyatts are usually nice and clean. The lobby seemed to be updated so I was hopeful that my room would be the same. Unfortunately I was wrong... My room looked like it was straight out of the 1970's. Old bathroom with saloon like doors, yellow and brown everywhere, and a balcony with doors that didn't work. I called down to the front desk asking to upgrade my room fully prepared to pay the difference to get out of my time warp room but was told that all of the rooms were the same with yucky bathrooms and non functioning balconies. The representative from the hotel aknowledged that the facility hadn't been renovated in 30 years and was in desperate need. All in all I'm glad I was only there for 12 hours. The good points were they served Starbucks in the lobby, and the location is great if you need to be close to downtown area. There are plenty of other hotels though and this was definitely a disappointment for a Hyatt stay.

• Stayed November 2012
BAHAMAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife, children and I spent a comfortable few days here in early November. The hotel is quite old but holding up well. We took a suite which was a decent size for 4. This hotel like so many others can't seem to work out that 4 people need more towels than 2 and we had to ask for additions each evening (which were supplied very quickly).

We did not eat at the hotel but there are many great places within 5 minutes walk , indeed the location is one of the best features of this hotel Valet parking is quite expensive.

No problems. We would return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel as part of a convention I was attending and I was extremely disappointed. Here we are in a beautiful setting like South Florida and the hotel was sub par at best. First of all, there is construction on the orads around the hotel and so even the area surrounding the hotel is a mess. The lobby was not so bad but when I entered the first room they gave me, I couldn't beleive this was a Hyatt. The carpets are stained, the walls are dirty, the tub had what looked like mold and the sliding door not onyl did not open, but I could not even see out of it as the anti glare treatment was fading and a mess. I changed rooms and got more of the same, except this sliding door was worse as I could not even see out of it (much less open it as all of them are locked shut - this has to be a fire hazard!!!!!!). I changed again and realized I just had to live with it. My room service was screwed up as well.
I had a few hours one afternoon to kill so I decided a little time spent ny the pool woul dbe nice so I looked out the hall window down to the pool and gasped. It was filthy!!!!!! The concrete surrounding it was horrible and there were blacks spots in the pool - I didn't even venture out there.
Please stay elsewhere as this hotel is a mess and sadly in need of renovation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!