“An upgrade is definitely needed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #65 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Distrito Federal, Mexico
“An upgrade is definitely needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was also here for the same race as the previous reviewer and couldn't have agreed more; very amicable staff but yes, the room looks worn and reaaally dated. I'm sure that when the hotel was originally opened it look very trendy, well, not anymore and more so in cutting edge Miami.
Did I mentioned the the room does smell humid or funny?

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Came for a triathlon. Located close to the expo and event. Nice lobby and staff, but the room needs a serious upgrade. The carpet is worn, the bedspread has tears in it, and the bathroom area looks like it hasn't been touched for decades. There is a damp smoky smell. It seems like a safe area,and the valet service was great.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed one night for the convenience of being in downtown miami. The lobby is beautiful and fancy but when u get to the room its a different story. The rugs are old and worn, the bathroom looks like something out of a motel 6. There is no refrigerator in the room in case you want to drink a cold water or soda, or bottle of beer. It even smelled a little musty. Luckily I got an outrageously cheap price from priceline otherwise if I had paid the going rate of 160 a night i would have been very upset.
The good thing is they had a very good breakfast buffet at 18 dollars per person. It also has a small swimming pool.

Room Tip: For a good room, go elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I arrived on a Wednesday evening from the west coast and was greeted by humidity while going to my car. Short drive later from the airport and I pulled up into the driveway of the lovely Hyatt Regency Miami. Walked into the lobby and was very impressed by all I saw. Beautiful hotel and everything close by. Checkin was easy, elevators required key access - nice security feature, my 18th floor room was beautiful and the view was of the Miami river below. LOVED IT!!!!! Was in town until Sunday AM, so I would be spending a lot of time in their rooms, meeting space and outlets. This hotel is connected to the convention center, so very convenient and TONS of meeting space. I had dinner Wednesday night and breakfast Sunday AM in the Riverwalk Cafe and LOVED IT!!!! I had meetings there so I ate banquet food on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and not a bad meal in the bunch. Very pleased with this hotel. Fitness room was a bit on the small side for my taste, but when I went, I always got one of the two treadmills. I would recommend this hotel!!!!! Side note, I called Sunday AM for a late checkout as my car would not be getting me until 2p and CLARIT at the Front Desk gave me until 145p... Thanks again CLARIT!!!!!

Room Tip: Some views are of the freeway and others are of the river... if you can get a river view, it is pret...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I took our 15 year old son down to Miami for a high school wrestling tournament. The tournament was early on Saturday morning so we decided to go down early on Friday and spend the night. I won a room at the Hyatt on Priceline for $65.00 for the Friday night. I was very excited until I read some of the Trip Advisor reviews about the condition of the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, we valet parked even though it was $ 31.00. I knew from a previous Trip Advisor review that this is what the valet parking at the hotel cost. The price is really high in my opinion. There are in and out privileges, but somewhere in the range of $ 20 to $ 25 seems more appropriate to me. Anyway, the really great thing about this hotel is the staff! I have to say they are overly friendly and helpful. Both the staff at the front desk and the valet staff were very nice and helpful. Check-in was a breeze and the staff made sure they answered any questions we had before they showed us how to get to our room. We stayed in room 730. It had a nice view of the waterway, and the room was clean. I know many of the reviews on TA say that the rooms are dated, but I thought our room was really nice. I mean it wasn't spectacular, but it was clean and cozy. The beds were comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. We enjoyed a good night's sleep. We put in for a wakeup call at 6am, and at promptly 6am the phone rang to wake us up. Overall we had a great stay at the Hyatt with no problems whatsoever. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Hyatt again in the future if I'm down in Miami. I'm rating the value as average because I do know that even though I won my room on Priceline, normally rooms were going for $ 179 per night, which is typical for the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are better for blocking out street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Rooms are dated and carpets need either a good cleaning or replacement. The staff tries very hard to please - from check-in to the housekeeping staff.

The location is in downtown Miami and it's a short cab ride to restaurants -- not much else around. This is not a place for a family visit (there is an outdoor pool) -- but good for a business stay or for meetings. On the low end of the "Hyatt Regency" brand in its present condition.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade -- they can alwasy say no.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel uses an enormous quantity of carpet freshener. I went into anaphylactic shock. The entire hotel smells horrible. It is impossible to breathe. The hotel refunded my money, probably because I looked like I might die. It was a frightening experience. If you have allergies, avoid this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!