“Awesome! Thank you, Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #63 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome! Thank you, Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed one night prior to leaving for our cruise. The check in was very easy after a long day of travel thanks to Karla Montes at the front desk. What an asset she is to the Hyatt Regency Miami!

There were 3 of us and we found the hotel to be very nice, and the quality of service superb! The room was amazing, nicely furnished and spotless. The beds were super comfy with exceptional quality bed linens; the room furnishings were above our expectations in a great way!

The staff were all very friendly, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They were prompt in response to our needs and questions.

We are world travel savvy adults who travel often and our experience with this hotel was excellent. We look forward to our next stay with them again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here on business. My room was on the 10th floor facing one of the draw bridges. Heard road noise all night. I would suggest getting the highest floor possible. The rooms are pretty average and small, carpet disgusting. Gym was way too small for a hotel of this size. 2 treadmills and 2 ellipticals are not enough. The staff at the hotel are amazing. Overall, I will be staying elsewhere for business in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked my trip via Expedia due to the low rates available for a last minute get away to Miami. WHAT A MISTAKE!!!! The pictures of the rooms and the hotel were no way accurate. When I arrived and checked in, the valet attendant could barely speak English and explain the parking rates. Now on to check-in and up to my room. I slide the key inside the door and was greeted by this old musty, tart smell, which unbareable to breath in. I immediately called Expedia who in turn called the hotel, which they had me moved to another room. Just when I thought it couldnt get any worst the new room was an up grade with amazing views. So, I rush to show and change so that I could go meet some friends for lunch. That planned was delayed because there was no hot water for 20 minutes. I was advised to let the water run so that the water could get heat up. Bad idea!! The tub is now filled with water and would not drain out. I had to wash up in the sink because the tub was full of cold. I leave the hotel to enjoy my day of fun, that evening when return to hotel to take it down for evening. I was awaken at midnight my a man who has walked into my room. The hotel has over booked the room. Now I lay their scared death with some stranger standing in my room. The next two day went okay with no unexpected incident, I figured nothing else could go wrong. On Sunday morning I went to checkout and called for my car. Once I got in my car I immediately realized that valet had stole my watch out the glove compartment. The valet staff was unprofessional and had no clue want to do. I completed a report with Hyatt security and the valet attendant gave me his boss cell number to call him at home. The report was sent to corporate who advised they do not take responsibility for item left in the car. If I decide to leave anything I needed to tell them so that they will know I have valuables in the vehicle. Such a stupid policy! I will never stay at this hotel again and I have reported the hotel and valet (central parking) to the better business beurea..

Signed,

Pissed off guest

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Greenwich, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

For as much money as they charge per night at this hotel, I was seriously disappointed in the quality. The first room we received smelled like cigarettes. They quickly gave us a new room, which didn't smell much better.

The breakfast buffet was blah. The strawberries weren't washed & some were moldy, and the bread was stale.

The single pool was very small, and too crowded for us to get in comfortably. We just went back up to our room.

When you check in, the kiosk tells you that unless you refuse it, a newspaper will be delivered to your room, and you will be charged for it. Yet, there wasn't an option to refuse it. Regardless, it never came, and I don't believe I was charged.

The kicker was the mandatory valet parking. When I finally gave in and handed my keys over, I was promptly informed that it would be $31 per night (plus tip)!!! Seriously? I've never seen a hotel charge more than $12/night.

Never again.

Room Tip: Ask where the nearest "self parking" lot is. We found it on our last night. $9/night is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a quick stop in Miami. I was expecting more, but it turned out pretty average. Staff at the reception was super nice and welcoming, and they made sure that my stay was going well. My room was a bit bigger than I expected, and I think it had everything I needed. For the price I paid, I believe it was price worthy.

The only things that was an ouch was the restaurant downstairs. The food wasn't good - limited options with low-average quality. I must say my grade for this hotel became lower due to this reason.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
MHyatt313, Sales Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about the Hyatt Regency Miami and want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

The Hyatt Regency Miami Team
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night, and that was enough. We checked in early after a cruise, and the check-in process was very smooth. That was about the only "smooth" moment from then until breakfast the next morning.

The room was/is quite dated and worn and the walls paper thin. I could hear conversations going on out in the hallway which is not good considering there were 500 or so spoiled South American teenagers staying at the Hyatt after their cruise. We called and complained several times about the noise level which we were told later by hotel staff that the chaperones were ineffective - the kids flat ignored them.

Since a quick catnap was not an option given the din going on out in the hallway, we decided to work out. I was shocked at the amenities. The fitness room is ridiculously small for a hotel this size and it was hot and stifing....which is ok if you want to practice Bikram Yoga, not so much if you are trying to get in a work out with 5 other dudes sweating and grunting though their workout at the same time. Ack! The pool was painfully small and unimpressive as well. I took a pass as it just wasn't inviting.

The hallways were not air-conditined - hot and stifling. That night the elevators - for the most part - were not working. There was a line to get up to the rooms. When I finally got on an elevator, the lights were not working in the lift so I rode up to the 20th floor in the dark. We were told that there was a leak that blew out the power AND the cable to the hotel so the power was running on generators and there was no TV or internet. So, what to do at 10:30 pm? Go to bed except that the kids did not shut up until 2 in the morning. Sigh.

Now, the good news: We bought the breakfast package and breakfast was wonderful. Our wait staff was so nice and so apologetic of our miserable night. They took good care of our breakfast/coffee needs. The front desk staff was incredibly kind as well. We did receive a parrtial credit off of our room bill because of all the issues we experienced.

Should you decide to stay at this Hyatt do note that guest rooms are in desperate need of a renovation and that the walls are thin. I did read the reviews and was warned, but stayed here anyways as I thought "it's a Hyatt"...really...it should be good. I'll not doubt my fellow reviewers again! Yes, this is a Hyatt and the staff is great, but it is definitely not worthy of four stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

First, I will say that the customer service was pretty okay. Particular the specialty staff helping for the work conference I attended. However, I am really disappointed to say that my room was just, well, gross. I mean, it was certainly cleaned for the next person, but it was dirty. The carpeting was stained all over, that "dirt rubbed in over time and no one has used a deep carpet cleaner in years" appearance. Scuff and dirt marks on every wall. Dirty light switches. And that decorative blanket thing was wrinkled and had loose threads. One of my pillow cases had some strange black goo in the seam that had dried. Seriously. And so, I had checked in really late and was way too tired from a very long day of travel to try to change rooms. The highway noise was too loud, even from the 7th floor.

My stay was two nights and I spent minimal time in my room. Also, be wary of the Internet charges. I had a debate with the front dest woman this morning about this. Apparently, $14.95 is a per device charge, so they wanted to charge me for using internet on my phone and computer. Sigh. At least I got the extra charged removed. BTW, $14.95 is the high end connection, but it was still very slow. I couldn't download anything quickly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!