“Friendly and Helpful staff, great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #65 of 129 hotels in Miami
Dominica
“Friendly and Helpful staff, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I came into this hotel somewhat apprehensive since I had just had a lovely experience in two other hotels on that same trip, but I soon relaxed after noting the friendly and helpful nature of the front desk staff and the concierge desk. I was made welcome and given free dinner and drinks (without asking) because my room was not ready due to some delayed flights that same day. While I waited I received constant checks from the Manager - Food and Beverage and the front desk staff who made sure that I was comfortable and relaxed. I would normally have been upset but the lady at the front desk handled the situation so pleasantly that I actually ending up smiling. The room and bathroom were both very clean and spacious and comfortable. Room service was amazingly efficient, maid service was on the ball! I encountered a number of staff who each went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable, from the dining room staff to the room service attendants, concierge staff, front desk staff - It was unusual to encounter such warmth from hotel employees in the US. I enjoyed my stay and recommend this hotel to anyone. The food was great - no complaints and the price is very reasonable. When i was leaving the hotel, someone came from the concierge desk within ten minutes to take my luggage and assisted me in getting a taxi to the airport. I felt special. Cool, friendly place to stay

Room Tip: If you are heading to this hotel from the ariport, take a yellow carb. Do not take the airport shut...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

1,402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is very well located for business, in the financial district of Miami and sorrounded by banks, restaurants and good bars. I was in a petit suite in the 18th floor with wonderful views over the channel. Perfect for meetings.The bathroom was a little old so as the carpet.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Hotel well located. Upon arrival, check in was at 3pm, room was not ready until a quarter to 4. Had a long trip and was ready to lay down and relax. We were upgraged to a miami suite. Not sure if i would call it a suite, but the gesture was appreciated. The other issue was the wait to retrieve our car from Valet. It took them close to an hour to bring our car to the front of the hotel. With a daily price of 35 dollar, without tipping the worker, i was not happy. Other than that, i was ok with the stay, but due to the inconvenience im not sure if i would consider the Hyatt Miami in thte future.But the hotel was clean and the service was ok.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Too bad the big names don't deliver. Again a big name hotel that doesn't deliver (king room). No microwave, no fridge, no free parking, no free internet... and the audacity to charge you $6 for a small bottle of water.

The room was clean & ok, the bed was alright, but all the things missing make you wonder why you're spending your money on Hyatt. Too bad!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

In my career I have travelled globally for work spending over 1,200 nights in hotels. With that being said, I firmly believe it’s very important to provide feedback in situations of extremes weather praise or constructive feedback.

I must admit I am partial to Hyatt because they consistently have provided excellent service and maintain high standards across all their brands. I had booked my reservation a few hours before I was set to arrive and they were almost sold out. I was traveling with another guest and needed a room with two queen beds. At the time of the reservation they only had king rooms left so I called the hotel directly to arrange for a roll away bed. When I checked in the staff was extremely courteous and I mean EXTREEMLY courteous. Fortunately, they were able to switch me to a room with two queen beds. I understand hotels cannot “make” a room but it is so easy to be courteous. Unfortunately at a lot of places courteous service seems to be a thing of the past it’s so refreshing when you receive good service nowadays.

My room was extremely clean, updated with new bedding, iPhone alarm clock and LCD TV. The bathroom was on the larger side, also as clean as the room. The WiFi signal was very strong and easy to log into. I did notice at some point the rooms all had access to your own small balcony what I liked even more was they were now sealed with windows that were sound proof – especially to me as I don’t sleep well and have sleep apnea.

The hotel parking garage is operated by the city of Miami and the first day I was slightly overcharged by the garage. When I inquired about this at the front desk the individual was extremely apologetic for the City’s mistake and was insistent they reimburse me.

Check out was effortless and all charges were correct and on my departure was greeted by name a wishing me safe travels

In summary, great hotel, great location and great service! I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: I received a "standard" guest room and was very pleased with it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Hotel is well located, but little old in terms of decoration in rooms, halls and in general.

They did not get my room selected ( early check in ) but the gave a kind of Junior Suite with this terrible apricot look like color in the walls, old bathroom, and carpet with some marks on it...
The air conditioner did not work the whole night. When I mentioned to the front office at check out, not a single comment!!!!
No refrigetaror in the room.
Good Wi Fi Serivce and Good Pillows

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Check-in was easy and quick; we were given a room on the 6th floor which smelled bad, really bad! We stayed in that room for 2 nights, but on the 3rd night we were ready to cancel our reservation and go to the Intercontinental (stayed there in 2009 and it was great). However, we booked a non-refundable room and they couldn't refund us. But, we were moved to the 23rd floor, where the room didn't smell and we got free breakfast and snacks around 5pm, as well as coffee at all time. The room on the 23rd floor looked a bit better than the one on the 6th, but really, Hyatt needs to update their rooms. The bathroom was tiny and old. The pool is okay but it is small and they should replace the tables with more lounge chairs at they were all taken around 2pm.

I have to stay, there is a weird smell even when walking into the hotel. Not sure what it is; I wouldn't know how to describe it.

I would have given 1* to the 6th floor, but the 2nd one was better. Service was great and everyone woking at the Hyatt was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!