“Service and ambiance make this a good, not yet great, Hyatt.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Miami

You added Hyatt Regency Miami to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South East Second Ave, Miami, FL 33131-2197 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #63 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Service and ambiance make this a good, not yet great, Hyatt.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Service at the front desk and in the restaurant and lounge outlets is what makes this a good Hyatt to visit. Curtis, the desk staff member, walked around from behind the desk to shake my hand and welcome me, and to give me my keys and information on the hotel. Katie, the waitress, apologized when the wine we ordered at dinner was not available and brought back a better choice, at a lower price. Andres, a food & beverage manager, came to the table to introduce himself, ask about dinner, and engage us in a discussion about our favorite wines. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was as friendly and helpful as could be.

As previous reviewers have said, the hotel is dated and rather worn. The front desk staff did tell me tonight that the hotel will be proceeding with bathroom upgrades shortly, which are very much needed. The guestrooms are generally well appointed, with flat screen TV, single-cup coffee makers, wireless internet (at $9.95 per 24H) and clock/radio with iPod docking station. The bed is comfortable, a/c adequate. Curiously, while the bed sheets are smooth as silk and of obvious high quality, the towels approximate sandpaper – hard, scratchy, small, and thin – not what one would expect at a Hyatt.

The lobby is “cool” and workable, with interesting décor, ample space to move around, high energy music at an appropriate level, and “we proudly serve Starbucks” coffee easily available.

The food and beverage quality in the restaurants is far better than the average hotel outlets, no doubt a result of the hotel’s general manager being promoted from food & beverage director, according to the hotel staff. This is one hotel where it’s actually a treat to stay and enjoy the restaurant. Try the mojito Chilean sea bass for a tasty, unusual dinner.

All in all, the hotel is solid and once the needed renovations are completed, it will regain its place among the most enjoyable hotels in downtown Miami.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Dear Louis59,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Customer Service is a priority for the entire staff here in Miami and they all work very hard to make each and every guest stay a memorable one.
We hope to see you soon in Miami.

Hyatt Regency Miami Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Turkish first
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was the most fantastic hotel stay of my life. It was like being in a fairy-tale where everything goes right (just about!). It was our 29th wedding anniversary and we had bought tickets for a concert at a venue near the Hyatt. We had flown 7 hours to have a long weekend in Miami and see the concert so we were disappointed that our king room wasn't ready. We waited an hour and a half and I was cranky. When I went back to the desk to find out what happened to our room, Kaitlin at the front desk immediately upgraded us to a suite, which was ready and waiting. We also realized that the Hyatt is attached to the James L. Knight Center where our concert was. We only had to walk through the hotel to get to it. On the night of the concert we were having some drinks at Pure Verde bar in the hotel and mentioned to one of the staff (Andres Gonzalez-Iski) we were there for our 29th anniversary and were going to the Ruben Blades y Gilberto Santarosa concert. He gave us champagne and desert and chatted with us about the concert. The next night we saw Andres again and he gave us two more glasses of champagne. Lyn was our server and she was great. We had such a fantastic time and these small things just made for the nicest anniversary we have ever had. I am still waiting to wake up and find out this phenomenal experience was not real (but IT WAS!!)

If you get the chance to stay here at this Hyatt--do it. Don't hesitate. I'll be staying there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Janicewa,

We are glad to hear to had a FANTASTIC TIME here in Miami and that the staff made your stay more enjoyable. We will be sharing your compliments with the entire hotel.
We hope to see you soon at the Hyatt Regency Miami.
Kind Regards,

Hotel staff
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is my second time staying at this Hyatt Regency Miami. The first time was three years ago and I was left unimpressed and fankly dissapointed. I was not looking forward to this stay, but I booked because it was the closest and most reasonably priced hotel to where I was going Downtown. Before getting there, I was complaining and letting my friends know what to except and low and behold, things were different this time around. I used valet parking (nice folks) and check-in was a breeze. When I got to the room (standard) it was clean, neat and nothing was out the ordinary. The views in the lobby and the restuarant was beautiful. One thing that can be said about this hotel is that it certainly is Grand.
The staff was ok and the breakfast buffet was decent. Nothing extra special and better than I expected. There are alot of people always around and the staff seem to be watching you all the time. This experience was better than last time, but this hotel certainly isnt a first choice option. It's ok for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel is located in the same building of the convention center and they leverage on that fact to attract customers. But that means that when there is an event the hotel is overcrowded and the service is far from a 4Star requirement. The rooms smell old and humid. I sent a package prior to my arrival, call them in advance the day the package was arriving and still they managed to make me wait for 50 minutes, so they can fin it. I also left a book in my room but apperenly it was mistaken with garbage because they couldn't find it. If I have they choice I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MiamiConsumerAffair, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Juanfer79,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I would like to apologize for the odor in your room, this is certanly to an indicative of the product we do have here in Miami. I am sorry about your book as well. We do have Lost and Found procedures in place and we have a high recovery. Please reach out to me directly should you come back to Miami.

Regards,

Jose Nieto
bogota, colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011 via mobile

Looks good, only from outside.the hallways are darkgive the sensation of dirtyness and old.the rooms had a balcony, now they are sealed out.,noisy,not clean, at all, for what they charge, its a ripp off.mades are always screaming each other on hallways...i do not recomen it.

• Stayed June 2011
Charleston, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here while in Muami for work. Hotel Is clean and nice but not what I expected from a Hyatt Regency. I am Platinum with Hyatt so chose to stay here while there but regretted it quickly. Unless you pay for the valet parking the parking garage next door is really scary for a woman traveling alone. Dark, dirty and lots of unsavory people around. Nothing is within walking distance or at least that is what the concierge told me. I basically ate in my hotel room or the hotel restaurant the whole trip. The food was very good. If going to Miami to have funor see the sites I suggest staying on Biscayne or maybe even South Beach depending on what you are looking for.

• Stayed September 2010
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible...Never will stay there again, I called to make a reservation they said there were rooms available I would be able to walk in and do an over the counter reservation. I get there and they tell me it's sold out, I called reservations again and they told me they had plenty of rooms, i made the reservations through the phone went back up to guest services and they checked me into a room with a molded bathroom, then moved me up to another bathroom which was molded as well.....I just won't never stay here or at any hyatt...The JW Marriott Marquis was the best....=)!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Miami? Share your experiences!