“Just medicore” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami International Airport

You added Days Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami International Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7250 NW 11th Street and 72nd Avenue, EW Palmetto Expressway, Miami, FL 33126   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #86 of 113 Hotels in Miami
“Just medicore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Nothing great about this place only stayed one night so didn't wan't to spend much. Was on the 2nd floor and the hallway smelled like a mixture of cough syrup and medications. Heat didn't work and the window opened so wide it was kind of scary. Didn't try the complementary breakfast but did check out late and they didn't charge me more. Nice clean pool and ok workout center although it looked a little run down. I didn't like all the construction but it was close to the highway. House keeping was swift in providing more towels upon request. Nice decor upon entrance too.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Jorge G, General Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you found the property an adequate value. I’m sorry to hear about the heat, I will have that looked at. We are always glad to accommodate our guest and I am glad our staff was courteous regarding your late check out.

Sorry you did not get a chance to try our breakfast. I am sure you would have enjoyed it. Apologies about the construction, the city tells us it should be done soon.

Jorge Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alameda, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Jorge the Mgr was friendly and prompt in helping with the room. Walking to the room there was an off putting disinfectant type odor in the hallways and upon entering the room. Average room with dated furniture and lumpy mattress. When using wireless I noticed my credit card was billed for more than what I was quoted at booking.com. All the other hotels I booked for my 9 day trip matched exactly what was quoted on booking.com. Jorge told me there was a $5 parking fee noted on the booking.com website. I told him I was charged more than $5 and he told me it was tax. It still didn't add up correctly, and I went about my day not wanting to make a big deal out of it. Upon check out I asked for an itemized invoice and on it I found the parking fee + tax AND safe deposit fee + tax which explained the discrepancy in the charges. I asked the young lady who gave me the invoice what the safe deposit fee was for. She said it's automatically added in. I told her I never used the safe. She said it's part of the bill and she would waive it this time, but in the future I would have to pay it. Looking through Tripadvisor reviews I found that the hotel charges you automatically for parking and safe deposit ~ $7.50 and then it's up to the customer to refute the bill. The reviews show inconsistent responses to refund requests for both parking and safe deposit boxes.
SUGGESTION to HOTEL: Just add these to the initial total quote for the stay to prevent leaving customers feeling upset.

On a final note, the hotel has a side entrance and the floor mat was pushed under the door so it would not close and lock securely. People were coming in and out without a secure key. Hotel should beware of this security risk.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry you felt our fees were not clear. Booking.com does not calculate onsite fees while posted on their site. We have signs posted onsite to advise of fees and the same is posted online on booking.com itself.

It is not our intention to deceive, or mislead anyone regarding a final price for the rooms, however we cannot just lump it in due to tax and accounting reasons. We will look into the issues with your room you discussed thank you for bringing them to our attention.

We thank you for staying and for your review.

Cordially,

Lima, Peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an economy hotel with limited services, a bit hidden between the Palmetto Expressway and Miami International runways. At arrival it took us a few extra rounds of driving to understand that the hotel is best located by driving the 72th north, and turning immediately to the right to 11th after the Expressway underpass. Our map showed something else.

We parked the car in the front parking area of the hotel and nobody asked us a parking fee, there is a fenced parking area close by so I guess a USdoll 5 x day charge applies to that. The reception is normal, the corridors a bit smelly and worn out, but the room reasonably good for two persons with a flat TV, fridge and microwave. Beds OK and I cannot blame the cleanness. There is a small courtesy coffee pad machine making the famous American coffee, so if you are from outside US and wish to get the eyes open in the morning, you may wish to bring and add instant coffee in the cup. There is a breakfast service in the morning, although we did not use it. The room has a free WiFi connection which worked actually better than in some South Beach luxury hotels.

The hotel has no restaurant, no coffee shop, no real lobby. A smallish pool you can use. Nothing much close to the hotel; a Wendy's at some half a kilometer distance and some supermarkets at 7th street a couple of miles or so driving towards east from the hotel. Every day several Pizza ads appeared in the room so I guess that's how some guests order their dinner.

If you are looking for economy and a decent place to sleep at night, I feel that what you pay for and what you receive are in a good balance in this hotel. But do not look for anything exiting or fancy.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for detailing your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear our internet service was to your liking and you felt the hotel provided a good value. I am sorry that you had a hard time reaching the property, we hope that this will be rectified soon when they finish the construction in the area and update the maps.

We thank you for staying with us and hope you will think of us in the future if you are in the airport area and are looking for a good value.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

Excellent Service! I stayed there with my family over the weekend and I felt right at home. The cleanliness of the room, and the hotel in general, was impeccable! My room attendant was a sweet person named Blanca. She was really sweet and nice with us. The breakfast was amazing! A nice lady named Maritsa served me and I couldn't have asked for better. The restaurant,too, was spotless. The food was, no IS, AMAZING!! I do not regret staying here and next time I am in Miami I will definitely stay here again. I would love to congratulate the Supervisors of Housekeeping. It is very notable that they do a great job and they have acquired an amazing working team. I recommended all of my friends and family to come here. I will be back for sure!! :)

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Jorge G, General Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2015
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our Daybreak breakfast! Thank you for the kind words regarding our housekeeping department. They work very hard to keep up the standards that our guests deserve and expect.

I will pass your compliments on to them, I am sure they will be very grateful. We look forwards to your return and wish you and your family the best.

General Manger
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2015

We stayed here one night on a layover in Miami. The airport shuttle runs to 1:00 am, but the front desk does not answer if they are busy with customers. We took Uber and were there in 10 minutes with a fare of $9.13. We reserved a king double which is just a really big bed. The room was nice, shower was hot.
The hotel is located near a freeway interchange, but the room was quiet. The shuttle to the airport was free on runs on the half hour. The free breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, cereal, juices, toast, and pastries.
We would stay here again. Room price was $100, which is about a cheap as you can find for a chain hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I am sorry to hear about your trouble with the shuttle service and will speak to my desk staff about it. I am however happy to hear that you found the room was quiet and comfortable, and that you enjoyed our Daybreak breakfast.

Thank you for pointing out the price point. We try to provide our customers will a great value for their hard earned money and I am glad to hear we are reaching this goal.

We hope to have you as a guest again if you are in the area.

Thank you for choosing Days Inn.

Jorge Gomez

Been to Days Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!