“Ugh...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami International Airport

You added Days Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami International Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7250 NW 11th Street and 72nd Avenue, EW Palmetto Expressway, Miami, FL 33126   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #104 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Oregon
“Ugh...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just needed a hotel close to airport with round-the-clock shuttle service as I was arriving late...and with possible flight delays arrival may have been even later....so when I found out the shuttle actually only runs until 1am I was surprised...flight was on time though and shuttle arrived at airport as promised....when the driver pulled up to the hotel I thought he made a mistake because it looked like it was closed....no lights!....the lobby was awful..the smell of disinfectant was overwhelming....check-in was fine....room wasn't too bad but I didn't want to take my shoes off or use the shower...linens seemed clean but worn out....I left earlier that I had to for the airport because I couldn't stand the smell and the general run down shabby feel of the place...couldn't get the WiFi to work but really didn't want to use it as the front desk guy gave me what looked like a bill for $69 on a slip of paper with the username and password. When I asked if I was going to be charged for using it he assured me it was totally free...the $69 was what the hotel was charged...?... Anyway I did not believe him ....

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I think a lot of people expect too much for the money they pay. This for me was an overnight stay with a 15 hour layover in Miami. There is a shuttle bus to and from the airport but as i arrived late it wasn't available.I did however get it on the way back to the airport. The reception was not exactly welcoming and being ignored is never good. however once they had decided to deal with me it was very quick and i was in my room. on the second floor it was noisy, as expected it was right next to the airport. the room was large with a large double bed, an office table, a reclining leather rocking chair (novel) wifi was good and FaceTime was usable. it appeared clean to me. the bathroom was standard with a good hot shower so no complaints there. All in all a reasonable nights sleep for a reasonable price. no amenities were used as i had no time and the restaurant was not used either.
I think looking at some of the reviews on here about this hotel, some people expect 5star quality for $60. It is not going to happen!..... These hotels are about somewhere to get showered cleaned and rested. Not a holiday hotel by any means, but i found no problem at all and it served my purpose very well. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
NaivysColumbie, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Days Inn Miami International Airport, it is very important to us to meet customer expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The problem with most Trip Advisor reviews is that they typically reflect largely negative comments. Statistics show that content customers simply go their merry way without leaving comments.

It is a blinding glimpse of the obvious that the Trip Advisor Model has flaws as do all hotels. The difference is that if you give a hotelier notice of the problem they will usually address your needs and remedy the problem. What we object to are the customers who don't let us know in the extreme minority of cases when we do make a mistake and utilize Trip Advisor and Brand Reviews to extort money from the establishments. This is certainly an unfair business practice.

We believe in Trip Advisor but it does have flaws. We hope Trip Advisor can accommodate this kind of customer as well as the hotel in the future by providing more adequate redress to eliminate unfair comments from the hotel site.

The Management of this hotel

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel didn't allow us to leave our luggage prior to the 3:00 check-in. The hotel lobby (which was very small) had a mildew smell. The restaurant was not opened (even though the sign said they were) and did not have a continental breakfast like I expected. I have travelled quite often in the past and have never been so disappointed in a hotel like I was in this Days Inn. For a little extra money, next trip, I will stay in the hotel which I know has better atmosphere, better customer service and overall a much better hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

NaivysColumbie, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. We are truly disappointed that we could not meet your expectations. We don't store luggage as a policy matter for security reasons and unfortunately we do not make exceptions. In addition we have an independently owned and operated restaurant as advertised and there is no free breakfast. We do not have any rooms with mildew smell and had we had notice of any issue we would have gladly accommodated you in some way.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Skurup, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We did not expect much since we have seen some bad comments about the hotel but we reaaly needed to have a hotel located close to the Airport. The worst part with the hotel is that it is not clean!
Positive: Location to Airport
Negative: Filthy room (especially the bathroom), staff seems to be unaware of the importance of beeing nice and friendly, very noisy AC (had to shut it), filthy pool, Plastic pillows, terrible beds, no breakfast included.

Last time staying here.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to detailed your experience at our hotel. We take great pride on ensuring or guest's satisfaction.We've found the majority of our guests have really enjoyed our sleeping rooms. Our bedding is in compliance with the Days Inn standards, the pillows that we use are not plastic but rather hypo-allergic and there are protective covers under the pillow case accordingly. We apologize for not being able to satisfy you, since we constantly strive to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations.

Kindly regards,

Geldrop, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Its a hotel near by the airport, and has a shuttle to the Airport and to the port of Miami,
There is no service, the frontdesk is to busy, because there is not so much staff around.
No Luxery, but a very good location to go out in the surroundings of Miami

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!