“My skin crawls at the thought of it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami International Airport

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami International Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7250 NW 11th Street and 72nd Avenue, EW Palmetto Expressway, Miami, FL 33126   |
Ranked #106 of 131 hotels in Miami
“My skin crawls at the thought of it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Please don't stay here. No matter how good a price you snag ... no matter "just for one night" ... cough up the extra cash and stay somewhere else. At check-in, they could not find my reservation. Booked us into a room on the second floor--where the elevator would not stop. The stairwell we wound up using was smelly and filthy. There was standing water in the men's room in the restaurant area. The buffet had stale, sub-standard food, at best. No business center or way to print your boarding pass. All through the night, some mysterious runner kept shoving ad flyers for this and that under our door. I can describe the whole place in just one word: YUCK

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
tequesta_1, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review we appreciate your comment

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Denarau Island, Fiji
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed there for one night, because near to the airport. Check-in was fast, although the girl on front desk was not very friendly and the overall atmosphere was quite depressing. I was surprised by huge and apparently clean room, but then entered the bathroom… certainly it hasn’t been cleaned well after last visit as there were stains and hair everywhere. Tons of towels but it was hard to find a clean one. The bed was apparently clean, but with very uncomfortable pillows. The 7am persistent door knocking by cleaning lady was a very unpleasant wakeup. Fair for an overnight stay, but nothing else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
tequesta_1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Redmond
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

When returning from a week long Caribbean vacation, we utilized this hotel as a place to rest our heads before our 6am flight home. Here is my review in bullet points:

Pros:
- In expensive
- Decent pool

Cons:
- DON'T try and check in early! Even though they have rooms ready the will try and charge you an additional $35 just to check in an HOUR early.
- The elevators are very slow poorly maintained which is very unfortunate when you're staying on the 4th floor and have 5 suitcases.
- Plastic pillows. Sure they give you three but it is like sleeping on grocery bags.
- Cot like beds. Not only are the beds hard as rocks but squeaky and noisy to boot. This coming from a girl who just spent a week on a cruise ship sleeping in a twin size bed! *Warning* The beds have very cumbersome wheels careful not to stub your toe!
- Not so silent night. The sound of airplanes will not keep you awake, however due to the very crappy windows the car alarm in the parking lot will. Especially when it goes off EVERY HOUR!
- Shower water temperature fluctuates scorching and freezing us simultaneously.
- Rude staff! Unfortunately I left my beautiful sterling silver necklace on the nightstand. When I called to see if it was recovered the gal at the front desk told me I had to speak with housekeeping which had gone for the day and to call back. So I call back and talk to housekeeping to explain what I'm looking for and they don't speak English and tell me to call the front desk before hanging up on me. So I call back and talk to the same front desk gal who informs me that I need to call back in a half hour so she can talk to them. Doesn't take my name or ask for a call back number. I've come to accept that I will never see it again. :o( Guess I have an excuse to go back to the Caribbean but I will avoid this place like the plague.

Having worked as a hotel front desk agent myself for several years this location would benefit from professionalism training. This stay was not worth the money I paid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We are sorry for any inconvenience which you may have had.
Rolleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Days inn Miami airport has had bad reviews, but we decided that for one night it was a convenient option. The hotel shuttle arrived after about 20 minutes, and check in was speedy. We had had a long flight and were desperate for shower and sleep. Our room was opposite the pool, with no road noise, but the wall was thin, and loud tv next door was disturbing. The room was a little musty,like many older Florida hotels, but clean, and the bathroom was sparkling, though quite shabby. We found the bed reasonably comfortable, and were glad that a coffee maker was next to the bulky old tv.The hotel has a noisy, busy bar, and a simple restaurant that served a freshly cooked , simple breakfast. Nearby there are several small ethnic restaurants but were too tired to want more than a salad and a drink, which were available in the hotel restaurant. In all we found this hotel to be fine for a one night stay, and as the room cost included the shuttle from airport and to cruise port, as well as breakfast, we considered it to be a perfectly adequate choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool, they are much quieter.there is no elevator to the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tequesta_1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and comment. You are a valuable customer and are welcome at the hotel.

Been to Days Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Miami International Airport

Days Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami
Days Inn Miami International Airport Hotel
Days Inn Miami
Miami Days Inn
Address: 7250 NW 11th Street and 72nd Avenue, EW Palmetto Expressway, Miami, FL 33126
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #106 of 131 hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Miami International Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Days Inn Miami International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.