When returning from a week long Caribbean vacation, we utilized this hotel as a place to rest our heads before our 6am flight home. Here is my review in bullet points:
- In expensive
- Decent pool
- DON'T try and check in early! Even though they have rooms ready the will try and charge you an additional $35 just to check in an HOUR early.
- The elevators are very slow poorly maintained which is very unfortunate when you're staying on the 4th floor and have 5 suitcases.
- Plastic pillows. Sure they give you three but it is like sleeping on grocery bags.
- Cot like beds. Not only are the beds hard as rocks but squeaky and noisy to boot. This coming from a girl who just spent a week on a cruise ship sleeping in a twin size bed! *Warning* The beds have very cumbersome wheels careful not to stub your toe!
- Not so silent night. The sound of airplanes will not keep you awake, however due to the very crappy windows the car alarm in the parking lot will. Especially when it goes off EVERY HOUR!
- Shower water temperature fluctuates scorching and freezing us simultaneously.
- Rude staff! Unfortunately I left my beautiful sterling silver necklace on the nightstand. When I called to see if it was recovered the gal at the front desk told me I had to speak with housekeeping which had gone for the day and to call back. So I call back and talk to housekeeping to explain what I'm looking for and they don't speak English and tell me to call the front desk before hanging up on me. So I call back and talk to the same front desk gal who informs me that I need to call back in a half hour so she can talk to them. Doesn't take my name or ask for a call back number. I've come to accept that I will never see it again. :o( Guess I have an excuse to go back to the Caribbean but I will avoid this place like the plague.
Having worked as a hotel front desk agent myself for several years this location would benefit from professionalism training. This stay was not worth the money I paid.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami
- Miami Days Inn