“A great hotel when you want to live the Miami experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3401 NW Lejeune Road, Miami, FL 33142-5628   |
Ranked #70 of 129 Hotels in Miami
San Salvador, El Salvador
“A great hotel when you want to live the Miami experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

My family and I needed a place to stay in which we would feel free to experience Miami at our will. This hotel is great for resting after a whole day of shopping/sightseeing.
The breakfast offered was fair.
No restaurant in this hotel, which was perfect for us; after all, Miami has so much to offer that it would be a waste of time to be dining in a hotel.
Rooms were clean, spacious and simple. No bells and whistles, just a comfortable room.
I would definately stay again here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Managua
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Booked this hotel through AA.com purely because they advertise free Wi FI
Big mistake. I had important emails to send and the rude staff downstairs kept saying it was "temporarily down" and would be restored any moment> I asked if they were sure because if it was going to stay down I would check out and book elsewhere. You guessed it, one hr , two hrs, 3 hrs, there was no wi Fi the entire length of my stay. Instead of apologising they sad I could use the Business Center but would have to pay (though it turned out there was no internet there either)
To add to miserable stay the walls are paper thin, the water lukewarm, no bathtub and faulty a/c outlets, worst of all the rude staff who seemed offended I should be requesting the free wi fi they advertise. Give it a miss if you need internet while in Miami or peace and quiet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Camden, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We had a group of less than 70 for a cruise and selected this hotel for our pre and post cruise stay. The staff was delightful! Very accomodating, knowledgeable of the area and transportation availbable. The staff made special arrangements to get our entire group to the cruise ship in time (3 separate shuttles with just my family) And they still managed to get the other guests to there destinations on time as well. Very well organized. It was very nice! The pool was warm and relaxing, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the continental breakfast was satisfying.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Don't stay at this hotel if you expect to sleep. This is the noisiest hotel ever and I am not talking about the planes flying overhead from Miami International next door. The windows are so well insulated you don't hear them. Unfortunately, there isno such insulation against hallway noise. I am talking about constantly slamming doors, people having conversations at the to of their voices and children running up and down hallways at all hours of the day and night. There are plenty of other options close to the airport (La Quinta, Embassy Suites, Marriott Courtyard to name a few), I would recommend trying any of them before trying to Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed July 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Miami International Airport, on the night before our cruise with my husband and two sons, ages 20 and 17. We were very pleased with the hotel and staff. We had a free shuttle ride from the airport and to the Miami Port the next day which was very convenient and saved us quite a bit of money. The shuttle driver was so friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick and the people at the desk were also friendly. It was our first cruise and we were unsure about the shuttle the next morning. They helped us get signed up for the shuttle to the port the next day and kept us informed the next morning when the time changed. They also gave us a later check-out time so we could swim later and wait for the shuttle to the port in our room. They pointed the way to Bennigan's and we were grateful to have a restaurant so close since it was after 8:00 PM when we arrived. Each of us ordered something different and we all enjoyed our meals. They have very good sandwiches and cold beers - what more can you ask for! Prices were comparable to other restaurants of this type (mid-price range). There is not alot of other things to do in the area from what we could tell but we were satisfied with dinner next door and swimming in the pool. The room was rather plain but it was clean and had everything we needed. The beds were comfortable, the air conditioner worked well and the price was great. We were only given two bath towels and there were four of us so check on that before you need them. The pool was WONDERFUL - nice size pool, warm water and very clean! The planes go overhead but we didn't hear them at night and it was fun to watch them while we were at the pool in the morning. There was a free continental breakfast which had bagels, danish, fruit and juice. Not the most elaborate breakfast but the coffee was good and my 6'2" boys and husband were satisfied. When we arrived back in Miami after our cruise, we stayed at a hotel in South Beach and all I heard from my sons was "Can't we go back to the Red Roof ." I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Any information about city or transportation you can go to front desk staff, they are very helpful, Ms Nora and Odalys at f/d are always ready to help you.

There are coffee available 24/7

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

I stayed for four days at this hotel that has terrible beds, extremely noisy and bad service. I left in the morning one day and they told me that they could not print my invoice but that it was the rate that it was posted on the internet. My credit card bill came on the mail and they charged me almost double: I havent received an invoice and I have not received an explanation. Unless they charge you !00% percent in taxes this is a no go to people that want to be close to the airport. They advertise free internet but the internet was slower than dial up.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport? Share your experiences!