“Stayed for the 3rd time!” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3401 NW Lejeune Road, Miami, FL 33142-5628   |
Ranked #65 of 130 hotels in Miami
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Stayed for the 3rd time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is just perfectly located for my family.
I enjoy it's simplicity.

In my last review I complained about the AC unit; it's only fair I comment I had no issues at all this time.

The front desk personnel were really kind and courteous. It was really pleasing to find a smile upon any request. Out of the 3 visits, this staff was the best!

There was construction work being done in a neighbouring building beside the hotel, so during the day it was kind of noisy; then again, you don't spend most of your daytime in the hotel, so it was no issue to get a good night's sleep.

The only thing I would ask for, is an in room coffee maker to come included in the standard room. They offer premium rooms with coffee maker, microwave and fridge but at an extra cost.

I enjoyed my stay, and will book again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are delighted that you came back to stay with us a third time. Your feedback was very important to us. Our agents will be happy to read your comments about their excellent customer service. We aim to please. We also offer coffee and tea in our deluxe rooms, maybe you will try this category on your next visit. We hope to see you again soon.

1,109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The price was great, it is near the airport which was very convienent.The bed was very comfortable,service was good.The room was clean and quiet dispite being so close to the airport.I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your recommendation. We are happy that our location close to shopping, all major highways and airport was convenient for you. We are also delighted that our price point met your budget, we are priced ideally for our location, amenities and service. Thanks again and hope to see you on your next trip to Miami.

Negril, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I Stayed at Red Roof Plus whenever I am in Miami, the service is amazing and there rooms very comfortable and clean. Management and staffs are friendly and there rates are affordable, I would recommend anyone to the Red Roof Plus Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your recommendation. Our staff will be delighted to read your comments, we enjoyed serving you. I see that our large clean rooms, free parking and airport shuttle service suited your needs. We hope you will choose us again when next you visit the area.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived in the early morning hours, 2 am after a long 14 hr drive, i couldn't wait to lay down & sleep in bed. The desk clerk was helpful, and when we tried to find parking which was in the a gated area, there was none. we had to park outside the gate, which irritated my husband. The room itself was great, nice & clean, a very comfortable beds. I would have to advise if you stay here, be aware this is a pet hotel, so you can hear dogs barking in the early morning, which annoyed me. Other than that, i don't have anything bad to say about this place. More parking needed for the number of rooms available. I missed breakfast, so we i say how it tasted.
Great stay for the money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for submitting a review on our hotel. We are happy that our new large clean rooms and amenities such as free Wifi, complimentary airport and restaurant shuttle service met your needs. We do provide complimentary parking for all cars. Hopefully you will get a chance to sample our breakfast on your return.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Parking fills up at night, but is possible... bigger problem's with rooms air circulation. windows are shut sealed, meaning you don't get airplane noise, but at the same time air circulation is NON EXISTENT... had to turn on the heating to dry up the air from the humidity of the room. If you use the AC, you're going to freeze, unless you're polar bear.
Breakfast is disgusting inedible plastic bagels and bread with lousy jam & butter, it shuts at 9 promptly! Room cleanliness seemed OK (didn't inspect), bathroom was not. Bathtub dirty around and outside with visible chips and cracks painted over, it has no exhaust fan, sink is in the room.

Room Tip: read between the lines and average comments
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thanks for submitting a review. We are happy to remind your compliments on our staff. I am sorry to hear your stay was not satisfactory and we certainly appreciate you telling us about the details. We are committed to providing the best possible service and will ensure that these areas are corrected. Our bathroom extractor works but we have the quiet type in your location, it does not give make the sound similar to a fan. Sorry to hear that our AC was too cold. Again, we do appreciate your comments and hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.

Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed just one night due my flight arrive at middle night and i lost my connection. The room, bed , and bathroom was clean. To be a hotel near to de int' airport i was expecting a noise room, but for my surprise was a comfortable night with out any problem.
They offer a breakfast, but its just coffee and a beagle.

Stayed August 2013
Thanks for your review, we are delighted that your stay was satisfactory. Our rooms are fitted with sound proofed windows hence the reason you were not affected by the sounds coming from the airport. Glad you were able to get a good night's sleep before taking your flight. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Dom Pedrito, RS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to admit that reading this hotel's reviews before traveling was scary business. Actually I almost gave up my travelling plans after reading that (since I have no opportunity to choose the reservations). Upon arrival, the hotel is ok. Airport style. On a busy highway but with stuff to do around. Check in was fast and easy. Our room was big (a rarity nowadays) and the beds were big and confortable. But then the problemas started: the floor, I believe it wasn't cleaned since 2002. Really, it was disgusting. Other thing: I know that since its near the airport, the windows are sealed. But the very old air condicioner smelt terribly of mold and I don't know what else. Therefore, the entire room smelt bad. The biggest problem is: my mother is terribly allergic, so, at 2 o'clock she woke up and couldn't breath. She took several anti allergic pills and asked me to stay with her downstairs for a while. So we stayed on the patio for almost 2 hours while she recovered and we pondered whether or not call our health insurance. But the wait was pretty scary. Because there were lot of men on the patio as well drinking and doing I don't know what there in the middle of the night. Next day, after breakfast, but before we left for our city tour, we left a little tip for the cleanning staff (but we were going to stay for one more day, so the tip was for one day only (I followed every travel guide I've read). When we got back from out tour, surprislingly we had no toilet paper (we haven't finished the first rool, mush less used the second) and no soap (again, we haven't finished the first, much less the second!). But even the ones we haven't used, had dissappeared. We called the front desk and after one hour they brought us 1 paper rool. But no soap (they said the cleanning staff had the key to the room where they kept it and I don't know what... but they were going to send it later). About one hour later, I called again. Same excuse. By the end we had to shower using shampoo and facial soap. We were going to stay only 2 nights there, that's why I didn't carry everything I possessed with me. Later, talking to our travelling companions (who were in another room) they said it was because our tip was too small (but in every travel guide I have read, they all say we must leave the tip on our LAST day.) Actually, everybody say that tipping in hotels isn't mandatory, but its polite. So, if we are going to be treated lke that, PLEASE, give us some warning and stipulate a minnimum so we won't be treated like that!!!!!!! I don't know if the administration knows about those situations, but if don't, that's how we are treated by the staff!!!! Not everybody comes from countries with tip traditions. In fact, in Brazil, it is considered rather rude if you leave a tip in a hotel room. So, on our last day, we left a BIG tip and a thank you note.
Other warnings: spider and spider webs in the bathroom. There isn't one single vending machine in the entire hotel that sells water. All of them only seels soda.
There's a helpful convenience store inside the hotel. And even with those problems, the front desk staff are very helpful. I wish I had kept their names. I give the average rating to this hotel specially because of them. They even found us an excellent transfer (who helped us the entire day) and a really good city tour company..... But I'm still rating the service as "poor" and not more becuse of the other situations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, we do appreciate feedback. Our mission is to provide the best possible service to our guests. Glad you liked our customer service at the desk, the agents do like to serve. We close our windows as a safety precaution and also to reduce the sounds coming from the airport. They are sound proofed to afford our guests a good night's sleep.
We take your comments seriously and hope to see you again on your next visit.

John

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport? Share your experiences!