“Service on point” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3401 NW Lejeune Road, Miami, FL 33142-5628   |
Ranked #63 of 130 hotels in Miami
“Service on point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

My staying at the red roof was not quite long, due to fact that i was leaving on a cruise from Miami. I took to shuttle that left at 1:00 pm destination Port of Miami. I liked the fact that i didnt wait for the ride when it was time for us to leave the transportation was ready. I have to mentioned that my first night gave me a heads up with my reservation because i called front desk really late at night to ask for some towels and the gentleman sent them to me immediately. I also called to get some tips regarding Miami and (yoan) without bothering about the time provided with the main 411 regarding the city. The room was clean and Cold. Great with customer service. I will recom this hotel

• Stayed May 2013
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks very much for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you found our service and new rooms satisfactory. I see that you utilized our free shuttle service to the Port of Miami, hope you had a lovely cruise. I will certainly share your comments with Yoan. He takes very good care of our late night guests.
Thanks very much and hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.

1,099 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Davenport, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

What I like of this hotel is the location, is not only close to the airport but close to 8th st and Coral Gables, and close to nice latin food restaurants,and Doral.I recomend this hotel because is clean, serves a nice breakfast and employees are very very helpfull.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side you can see the airplanes
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are happy that our location was ideal for you, we are close to the airport, latin & seafood restaurants. We also appreciate your comments about our service and cleanlness, we do take pride in maintaining our new rooms and making our guests happy.
Thanks very much and hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.
Castries, St. Lucia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Adequately sized rooms. I always like the feature of the face basin outside of the main bath area. I stayed in the second building on the fifth floor, which can be a bit of a struggle if you have several bags to manoeuvre through the two sets of doors and elevator. Also, my key stopped working and I had to go all the way back to the lobby. However, the room was very quiet and I heard no sounds of airplanes despite the proximity to airport. Clean linen, very cold A/C but the scent of the deodorizer or cleaning agent was a bit strong though pleasant enough. Airport shuttle runs until 12.30 a.m. Which is a plus for those delayed flight arrivals. Shuttle also starts promptly at 5.00 a.m. I was checked in and out by a friendly young man but was too exhausted from my trip to note his name. I was not interested in the breakfast ( a bit congested since it is right in the lobby) but overall I found it a decent and comfortable enough place for an overnight or short stay.

Room Tip: If you have heavy and multiple bags you may want to request a room in the main building. However, I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We appreciate your comments. Glad you liked our large bedrooms which were newly renovated with boutique style furnishings with spa inspired bathrooms. Our double sided windows diffuse the sounds of airplanes offering a comfortable sleep. As you mentioned, our staff ensures good service and clean rooms. Thanks for your suggestion on the deodorizer, we will tone it down. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We flew into Miami, spent the night then flew to the Carribean the following morning.

Overall, I would recommend this property! It is close to airport (5 minutes), we used the hotel shuttle, there is a restaurant next door, and our room was clean. There is also a small store on the property if you forgot something.

Being so close to the airport, this hotel is very busy. My only complaint is that we waited a long time for the shuttle to pick us up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks very much for your comments, we enjoyed serving you. Glad to know you enjoyed our hospitality and newly renovated hotel. I see that you used our complimentary shuttle to the airport, and port of Miami. Our gift shop is quite convenient contains many items that our guests may have forgotten. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there the night before our cruise and thought it was a great value! We had 2 rooms that were nice and cool from the A/C, beds were comfortable. My kids enjoyed the pool and the restaurant next door. I was concerned there were gonna be issues with noise due to the airport being right there, however, rarely heard a sound! Continental breakfast was nothing special but it was perfect for what we planned, again if you want a more extravagant breakfast Bennigans is next door and runs breakfast specials. This was an excellent value for an overnight stay!

• Stayed April 2013
We do appreciate your comments. I see that you used our complimentary shuttle to the cruise port of Miami, hope you had a wonderful holiday. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our our newly renovated rooms, and experienced the new Serta comfort mattress. Our outdoor pool is great at this time of the year as it is very hot in Miami. We purposely installed double sided sound proof windows to minimize the sound from the airport. Gald to hear it was of value to you.
Thanks again and hope to see you on your next trip to Miami.
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Price was right; no issues at check-in. Morning breakfast a bit carb heavy but pleasant to have anything. Bennigan's next door offered a full breakfast as option. Room was clean. Lengthy wait at airport (two phone calls) for shuttle pickup at airport (but realize lucky in that LaQuinta, next door, stops shuttle pickup at 11pm). Would have preferred room in main building but the outbuilding is much larger, and we did arrive late in evening. Nice pool area. Property is Perfect for overnight before cruise. BTW, tea/coffee available in lobby 24 hours. The gal handling the breakfast area was doing her best to keep up with the demands of so many people and little area to work with. Always with a smile~

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for submitting a review on our hotel. We are delighted that you find our newly renovated property a good price value, and our service team attentive to your needs. Unfortunately our main buidling fulls up fast as we do get many early arrivals. Early arrivals are never asked to wait until check in time. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you the next time you visit the area.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked The Red Roof Inn as a stopover park & fly as we were going out of Miami Airport the next morning. Right from entering the lobby, to the less than warm greeting at reception and the state of our room, it was not a pleasant experience. Our room was not clean, but thank goodness the sheets were. We had to wipe off all surfaces before using them. Found a used facecloth in the bathroom. The clincher was a cock roach crossing the floor as we were leaving the room in the morning. Had a quick look at the breakfast buffet which was below any hotel's standard but didn't partake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. We have noted your comments and will address them during our staff training. We are happy to see that you chose us for the park, fly and sleep program, we are one of the lowest priced within the area. We hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Miami.
John

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport? Share your experiences!