“very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

i stayed in this hotel three nights last october. very friendly people at the front desk, the room very clean, tv, wifi, small continental breakfast, i didnt use the pool but it seemed very clean, its in front of the airport but you dont hear too much the aircrafts landing-departing, free parking lots. perfect location for going to the downtown or s.beach. the price could be a little less expensive but i cant complain. i paid $370 for 2 people for 3 nights so its like $61/night.
*** me gusto mucho el hotel,nada de que quejarme, buen servicio, buena ubicación, habitaciones limpias, tranquilidad, etc. definitivamente regresaria***

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
i0255, Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks very much for submitting a review on our hotel. We are delighted to hear about your experience. It is our hope that you will remember us on your next visit to the area. it would be a pleasure to host you again.

Regards,
John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a large 5 story hotel that has been remodeled in the last few years. Lots of parking. Flat screen tv. Nice room with wood floors. Very comfy beds with good quality sheets which is very important to me. Average cont breakfast. Free wifi. No refrig or micro in rooms. Also no shampoo or coffee maker. You are right next to flight path for arrivals. Can't hear much from inside. Can hear and see planes from pool. Very nice large pool and surrounding area. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel. Just to let you know we offer specific room types that come with In-Room Coffee Service, Microwave and Micro-refrigerators. Thanks for your observation on the airplanes our double windows are effective in minimizing sounds. We trust that we have addressed your concerns and hope to see you on your next visit to Miami.
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night, as I needed a decent, modern accommodation before my flight to JFK the following morning.

The hotel seems a lot more on the website and travel websites that in actuality....the room rate that I paid was USD$99 ex taxes...for this I received a decent room, with WIFI that did not work at all (went to the front desk twice about it...dealt with Gustavo and David) which was very important to me, so was very upset that nothing was done to assist me.

Communication between guests and staff must get better, calling the front desk or guest services several times and extension just rang without answer, which I eventually had to make my way downstairs to actually talk to someone.....

Pool was empty on arrival, so I couldn't take a late night swim to relax, some explanation was given to another guest which I overheard about it being filled according to the occupancy level, which is really ridiculous, if that was the real reason..

Overall its an ok place I guess, but not worth the price tag, expected more amenities and working amenities as advertised..more than likely would not stay there again, unless really necessary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We thank you very much for submitting a review on our hotel. We have noted all your issues and will address them immediately. I am happy to note that our outdoor pool is available to our guests up until 11PM at nights. We have recently optimized our wifi to accommodate downloads and additional users. We hope that you will come again and enjoy our new rooms the next time you visit the Miami area.

cabarete
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

At this price point, I did not expect much. When I arrived, the fast check in, helpful front desk, super clean room, great bedding, decent TV, easy to access internet, clean towels - there was not more I could ask for.

And the best part, none of the annoying up charges for local calls or internet access. Very happy and will use it again on my way through Miami (which I do a lot of)

Of note, the airport shuttle goes twice/hour and is a red van just outside the departures area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We thank you very much for submitting a review on our hotel. As you mentioned, we do not charge for calls made within the United States. This along with the free wifi and continental breakfast is a popular amenity. We hope that you will come again and enjoy our new rooms the next time you visit the Miami area.

Miami, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I have to say I was very impressed with the staff. The front desk employee, Nora had a great personality, she was extremely helpful, friendly and nice. It was a great first impression of the hotel. I highly recommend it, keep up the good work, and hire more people like Nora!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thanks very much for submitting a review on our hotel. We are delighted to hear about Nora's excellent customer service. I will ensure that she personally review your comments. It is our hope that you will remember us on your next visit to the area. it would be a pleasure to host you again.
Regards,
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for our night of arrival into the USA as a pre-booked reservation in the UK and was impressed enough with it to return for our final night before returning home at the end of our holiday.

Our check-in experience on both occasions was painless and the lady on the desk was very friendly and helpful. We were checked in by the same lady both times.

Our rooms were clean and the decor was a bonus. The communal areas are showing signs of wear but on the whole, nothing to be concerned about. The cleaners are up and about very early in the day (I expect due to the high turnover of clients) and could have been a little quieter.

The breakfast experience could be better with it becoming a bit of a free-for-all at times.

Whilst using the pool in the eveing, we had to pause our conversation whenever a plane flew over but in the rooms we heard nothing. We were concerned when we first arrived that noise would be an issue, being situated at the end of MIA's runway but the soundproofing works very well.

This is an airport hotel and we went with the expectiations of it being so, we have stayed in some terrible airport hotels in the past. In the end we were pleasantly surprised by it, and this is why we returned before we travelled home. Would have no hesitation in re-booking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Our service staff takes pride in offering good customer service. We are also delighted that you liked our new rooms, and our outdoor pool even with the planes passing over. Good to know that our sound proof windows provided a restful night for you. It was a pleasure serving you and hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Thank you again.
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at Red Roof Inn Miami International Airport for almost 10 days, I would need to register some relevant facts I was obligated “forced” to live with. Starting with the staff people from there, they are simply horrible. The front desk so, they are very cold, ugly face and no courtesy at all, not interested in solving problems at all. They are very rude and not interested being nice with smiling faces. Besides, the housekeeping and maintenance people are very noising, they talk to each other (between themselves), in Spanish, they do it very loud, a lot laughing, shooting doors (the hotel has very noising doors, not acoustic equipped, entire hotel, even the floors), hitting all things, so, impossible to take some rest. The shower is that weak… sometimes, almost no water… So, finally I would say, “I threw away my money”, for sure. ALL THAT IS SHAMEFUL !!!

Room Tip: Just find another better option, for sure, at this price range, there are much better.