When we booked this hotel, we were already a bit suspicious because there were so many good reviews from people with only 1 or 2 reviews. We generally only trust those if they give 1 star. If only we had listened to our intuition.
- Check-in was very unfriendly and unhelpful. After giving our room key, the girl at the reception turned away to her computer. We asked how to open the parking gate and after several seconds she answers while looking at us with an "are you stupid"-face and immediately turned back to her computer. We figured we'd find the answers in our room since most hotels have an explanatory map, but there was nothing.
- Breakfast was a joke. Not just because there was such a small selection of food (bagels, apples, bread and rolls), but mainly because there were only 6 tables for 200 (!) rooms. Outside there were 5 more tables, but then you had to deal with the thundering airplanes and smokers. Needless to say, finding a spot to sit was impossible.
- Internet was horrible. We tried booking a hotel for Orlando, but managed to load only a couple of pages in an hour.
- You couldn't make coffee in your room. This wouldn't have been so bad if you could get hot coffee from the lobby, but they only refresh it during breakfast. Considering this is an airport hotel, you'd expect hot coffee to be available 24/7. There was also no fridge or microwave.
- The A/C works with cool/warm instead of the temperature itself. It was hard getting the right temperature.
- The sound of the airplanes is somewhat lessened in the room, but it's loud enough to wake you up every now and again if a plane flies by closeby (and we're not light sleepers).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Miami Red Roof Inn