“Not bad if American Airlines is paying!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #67 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Aalten, The Netherlands
“Not bad if American Airlines is paying!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We got stuck in Miami trying to get home to Northern Europe during the recent awful weather. I guess we could be called lucky, because our flight from San Juan which made us miss our Europe connection was a technical problem, so AA could chose to put us up and semi-pay for meals so that we could fly the next day rather than put us on many connecting flights. I really have no complaints about the Clarion. The room was big and lovely. The food in the casual café was really good. And the shuttle service was great. If I were just passing through and needed a great place to stay over, I'd do it again.

• 5 of 5 stars

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The only things good about this place are cheap price and close to the airport. Free breakfast was very poor quality food, shuttle was slow and undependable, hotel very run down. It took 15 minutes or more to register for my pre-paid room due to the totally ineffective desk clerk. Stood in the rain waiting for a shuttle - they could not give me a commitment about when - just every 30 minutes, and the shuttle was poorly marked in dark colors that I could not read in the dark and rain. I had thought I would use the swimming pool in the morning, but I just wanted out of there.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled solo
Moneta, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Rooms was fine, clean with comfortable beds and bath. Biggest problem was NO WATER in the shower at 7:30 am on the 11th floor. Ok at 6:00 and Ok at 9:00 so probably due to high use in the hotel. Breakfast was pretty bad but free, skip dinner and go anywhere else. Suprisingly quiet for being so near the airport.

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were stranded at the Miami Airport because of the blizzard on the east coast. This hotel was one of the few with any vacancies. It was $250/night; anywhere else in the country, it would have cost less than $100. The room was adequate. The furnishings were tired and in poor condition. The low point was the food. The dinner and breakfast were awful. The staff was not able to deal with large number of people who were forced to stay there as a result of flight cancellations, and they were overwhelmed by the volume resulting in mediocre service.

Rooms
Bicknell,IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Old and run down. Don't trust website pictures. Restaurant is a joke!!! Room seems clean. Right across the street from airport but really don't hear it. In room coffee maker and safe. No fridge or microwave. Stayed here because we were leaving on a cruise. $$$$ for what you get. No one speaks English very well.

Stayed February 2016, traveled with family
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As a Diamond member of the Choice Privileges frequent guest program, I stay at Choice properties frequently, of which Clarion is one of their more upscale brands. My stay at this property was acceptable but not exceptional, with adequate accommodations at a reasonably fair price.

While the hotel itself is clean, it feels like an older property - somewhat dated in appearance and condition, but still clean. Check-in and check-out were handled efficiently. My room was of adequate size, furnished as one would expect a Clarion room to be furnished, with a comfortable bed, work desk, flat screen TV, and, in this particular room, a microwave and fridge. The room had a somewhat musty smell and, like the rest of the hotel, had a 'dated' feel to it, but it was still very clean.

The bathroom was also clean, but when I arrived, the toilet was gurgling, and I had to remove the lid and jiggle the rubber flapper valve to stop the gurgling. I found myself having to either jiggle the handle or to adjust the flapper on a few occasions after using the toilet. Since I arrived fairly late, I didn't bother to report this to building maintenance, as it was no big deal to handle it this way.

Wi-fi signal was fine, as was the water pressure in the shower.

A free breakfast buffet is offered, but I did not sample it, so I cannot comment on it.

Location was convenient to the Miami International Airport, and there are a few dining options nearby, including a sports bar and a Denny's restaurant.

Free, outside parking is adjacent.

Overall, an acceptable but not exceptional stay.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here one night after being stranded in MIA because of a flight delay. American Airlines paid for the room. We were lucky to get there before most of the other stranded passengers and only had a short wait to check in. the desk clerk was friendly but the line was very long shortly after. I would rate this place as average as far as cleanliness and service, We ate ate the restaurant and the food was less than average. I am not sure about the area because it was dark when we arrived, but I stepped outside around 9:00 and there were 6 cop cars directly in front of the lobby with 2 of them in the parking lot. Hotel is near the airport and we could hear noise like some kind of jet maintenance for a good part of the night.

Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Charlie

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments. I am glad you where checked in with no problems and no waiting. We are a very busy hotel so we strive for a check in process of under 5 minutes per guest. The area is very safe; Miami Springs is a very old community with it’s own Police department. What you saw during your stay was just simply several officers meeting in my parking lot planning out the night’s events. Miami Springs has about 10 hotels in their city limits. The Police patrol all of them during the night; this is what makes the area so safe.

Best Regards

Frank Molina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!