“Very Convenient!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #62 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Naples
“Very Convenient!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It really bothers me when i read bad reviews and it's nothing near that.I took the free shuttle from the hotel to the airport at 4 am and back that was a plus for me. Comfortable rooms continental breakfast and really nice guys at the front desk. It seem to good to be true to me ! I'm glad i stop by We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed July 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our room at this hotel was incredible. Very modern, very clean...and the king room was SPACIOUS! It was very relaxing during our travel. The bed and pillows were great too, which anyone who travels much knows, isn't always a given.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel location was very convenient. close to the airport and the Amtrak station. The hotel was very clean and the staff was nice. I booked a regular double room but when I opened the door I was very surprised to see the size of it. It was more like a suite. It was huge and very comfortable. The beds were very soft and I slept well. My only issue was the parking situation. Very limited parking in front of hotel. There is a large parking lot on the side of the hotel which was also very busy. I might have gotten the last spot. Overall very pleased.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Cayman Islands BWI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ok so first off... I am absolutely, positively blown away that anyone could ever write anything positive about this place! The Tripadvisor reviews are overall positive which leaves my mind blown since Tripadvisor reviews are my Go-To Bible when it comes to making my travel decisions so to have the rating and feedback be so totally off base is utterly shocking to me.. And yes, it really is that bad.... We were stuck here by the airline overnight as a result of an American Airlines maintenance issue (and let me just say right now before the manager writes his stock copy and pasted answer about how he knows that it is difficult to have travel issues blah blah blah) - My disgust with this Hotel has nothing to do with the fact that we were delayed by the airline and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that they put us into a place that I would liken more to a 1980's Youth Hostel. Upon arrival you of course are painfully aware that you are in the middle of a rundown industrial area adjacent to the airport zone. The Hotel itself literally looks like a prison as you pull up - I kid you not... (see photos) .. Upon entering the lobby the first thing you see are the ripped red leather sofas that are so badly damaged that it would be hard to even sit on them and the tired dated lobby. We were handed our keys and "dining vouchers" (more about that in a moment) and sent up to our room. I think a picture is worth a thousand words so I have attached images of the nice features of our room such as the gross ceiling, fist punch mark in the door, old ancient bathroom including the deglazed mirror and the lovely doors that you encounter as you are walking to and from your room that look like they are right out of an abandoned warehouse. The only thing that kept us from walking straight back down and checking out and going elsewhere was the fact that it was already 10pm and we had a 5am wake up turnaround to get back to the airport the next morning. As we were given food vouchers of the oh so generous amount of $12 each for dinner, we went downstairs to check out the "restaurant" and I use that term VERY loosely as it is more like a prison cafeteria - again, see picture. Instead we hailed a cab and went in search of anything else that wasn't completely scary and ended up in a pretty pathetic sports bar just around the corner but at least it was better than staying and attempting to eat on site. In any event - to say that we would not recommend this Hotel to our worst enemy is an understatement and both Clarion and American Airlines should be ashamed to be associated with this property. I don't know what the heck people writing in and saying how great this place are seeing because I assure you -- there is not one good thing that can be said about this Chamber of Horrors.. Management need not respond as unless you mow it down and start over there is nothing you can say to defend this place!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest

Thank You for your acknowledgement that a very large majority of our guest leave positive reviews on Tripadvisor. The Staff and I have worked very hard over the past year to improve service and the property itself. Last September we completed guest room renovations to include new carpet, furniture, artwork, lights, and texture wall s. The guest room bathrooms are schedule to be renovated this August and that will address your concerns regarding the outdated vanities and mirrors. In addition we are addressing the public areas with new furniture and the building exterior will be painted using more earth tone colors.
The hotel is located in Miami Springs, one of the very best communities in south Florida, not an industrial area like you suggest, In fact we are next to one of the nicest golf courses in Miami Dade county. If you go to www.miamisprings-fl.gov you will see just how nice the community really is. The City of Miami Springs still retains it’s small town charm, something you just don’t see any more.
The hotel was designed to be quiet, given its proximity to Miami International Airport. When the hotel first open its door for business it was the most soundproof building in the United States, you cannot hear the airplanes land or take off, this is not true with other hotels in the area.
In closing, I would very much like to thank you for your review. Tripadvisor is a great tool for travelers and all reviews gives me the opportunities to highlight the positives of the hotel while addressing our shortcomings. No hotel is perfect and no hotel receives only positive comments. Even hotels like the Four Seasons or the Plaza at the Park in New York City receive negative reviews from guest. We accommodate on average about two hundred thousand (200,000) guest every year, In all honesty the staff and I are ecstatic to see a very large majority of those guest become repeat customers year after year. We pride our self in providing a good product and service at a very competitive price.

Best Regards

Frank Molina
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is one of the nicest hotels we stayed at . Was real convenient for airport .Free parking for 2 weeks and free breakfast , Transportation back and forth to airport Will stay again with another couple in October

Room Tip: Not sure stayed twice and both rooms were nice
Roselle, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When first arrived after driving 12hrs we heard they were having a system crash at check in with a line of 10 people. After a few mins we were able to check in to a very nice room. The breakfast is a traveller's dream hot breakfast and service. The draw back you had children using the computer room for video games since there is only two in the room with a printer so it's game who can get to the room quicker. Staff are polite and very helpful and with free shuttle service to airport worth the 12hrs drive.

Room Tip: Book in advance online to insure you get the room and rate you want.
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently traveled to Florida and decided that it might not be wise to drive from Ft. Myers to Miami at 4 am to catch our return flight. We booked this hotel at the very last minute via the Trip Advisor app. My husband called to verify that the reservation was complete and they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a room with two queen beds with a view of the airplanes for our young son.

We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Honestly, the area is very typical of most airport areas with clusters of hotels for convenience. We were greeted by David at check-in for a smooth and seamless arrival. We noticed the large amount of airline employees staying at a hotel and from past experience, this is a good sign of a nice quiet and clean place to stay.

The hotel must have had a recent renovation as the interior is far superior to the exterior. It was very tastefully and comfortable appointed. The free breakfast was a perk as well and it was much more than just cereal. There were pastries, waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, yogurt, fruit and toast/bagels/muffins as well. We did have a rental car and truly appreciated the free parking (another hotel in the area charged us $30 to park our car over night in a self-park lot!)

Our only concern was that the air conditioning was not the greatest in our room (even when set in the lower 60's it was very warm in there all night long.) All in all it was a great value for the price paid. We'd certainly use this hotel again when flying in/out of Miami International.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport
Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!