“Don't let the outside put you off!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #64 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
“Don't let the outside put you off!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We recently traveled to Florida and decided that it might not be wise to drive from Ft. Myers to Miami at 4 am to catch our return flight. We booked this hotel at the very last minute via the Trip Advisor app. My husband called to verify that the reservation was complete and they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a room with two queen beds with a view of the airplanes for our young son.

We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Honestly, the area is very typical of most airport areas with clusters of hotels for convenience. We were greeted by David at check-in for a smooth and seamless arrival. We noticed the large amount of airline employees staying at a hotel and from past experience, this is a good sign of a nice quiet and clean place to stay.

The hotel must have had a recent renovation as the interior is far superior to the exterior. It was very tastefully and comfortable appointed. The free breakfast was a perk as well and it was much more than just cereal. There were pastries, waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, yogurt, fruit and toast/bagels/muffins as well. We did have a rental car and truly appreciated the free parking (another hotel in the area charged us $30 to park our car over night in a self-park lot!)

Our only concern was that the air conditioning was not the greatest in our room (even when set in the lower 60's it was very warm in there all night long.) All in all it was a great value for the price paid. We'd certainly use this hotel again when flying in/out of Miami International.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ended up by chance at the clarion after a big mess up with our flights at Miami International.
We were given a discount from the airline for an over night stay and took them up on it out of dispare!
We took the free shuttle to the hotel from the airport and the staff on reception were so kind to us and completely empathetic about the situation we were put in. They gave us help with rebooking and printing transport documents, helped us with the local area with eating places and ensured we had everything we needed toiletries wise. Room was clean and comfortable and everything we needed it to be for the night.
Can not emphasise enough the help from staff. Thank you for helping two Brits who were out of their depth!

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Hjsiysjisjsn

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to read you find our facility clean and staff were helpful. Thank you for recommending us to other, we look forward in seeing you again on your next trip to Miami .

Cheers

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend. From the outside and the area where it's located I didn't have high expecations...but I was surprised! The room was very clean and decorated nicely. The beds were so comfortable. I would have stayed in bed longer if I could have. It was also quiet. I don't recall hearing anyone in the halls or in the adjoining rooms during my stay.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We arrived at the hotel at 10am. Checkin isn't until 3pm but were still allowed in our room which was awesome considering we had been traveling since 4am that morning.

The complimentary breakfast wasn't bad. They had a nice selection to choose from. There was cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, bagels, scrambled eggs, bacon, saugage patties and links. You could also make your own waffles. I'm sure I overlooked some items but that's what I remember seeing. I will say that it wasn't the best breakfast I've had but I'm sure you could find something that you liked from the selection.

They have a shuttle that goes to and from the airport every 30mins. It runs nonstop, 24hrs a day which was great. It definitely made things easier for us with getting around the city. We caught the shuttle to the airport to then catch the metrorail downtown. The following day we caught the shuttle to the airport to rent a car. I like to venture out so I had no problems with any of this.

There's also a convenience store in the hotel as well as a car rental agency which is very convenient and accomodating.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Danger 1105

Thank you for your review about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to read our rooms, amenities and staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the recommendation to other travelers. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again when in the area.

Beast Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Clarion Inn a few days ago with my best friend and it was wonderful. The cost was extremely reasonable. We couldn't ask for anything more. A lovely room with two queen sized beds, clean and extremely comfortable. The staff at the front desk was pleasant and the breakfast was delicious! We definitely enjoyed our stay and would be visiting again soon.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Leah

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to read you find our facility was clean and staff were helpful. Thank you for recommending us to other, we look forward in seeing you again on your next trip to Miami .

Best Regards

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2015

On a vacation to the Florida Keys so I stayed at the Clarion when I arrived and before I left from Miami-Dade airport. The hotel was priced well, was clean and the staff was friendly. The shuttle to and from the airport was efficient and on-time. The breakfast was a complete hot breakfast where I had a great variety of items to eat. Great stay in Miami.

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor. It was very quiet up there.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Dear Jim

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us, I hope you had a great time in the Florida Keys. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to read you find our facility was clean and staff were helpful. Thank you for recommending us to others, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Miami .

Best regards

Frank M
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2015

We found our room to be comfortable and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast service was varied and very good. The only problem was getting the shuttle at the airport. It took a very long time to get there to pick us up. We chose it for its proximity to the airport and the shuttle service to the pier as we were leaving on a cruise the next day.

Room Tip: Anything in the tower is good.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2015

This hotel is conveniently located right in the airports backyard. You can see the planes landing from your hotel window. It takes 5 min to get to your hotel on the hotel shuttle bus. The only downside I see is that it does not have a sports bar. I had to walk a couple blocks over to Toms Sports bar to get a few drinks!. The hotel looks old from the outside but it looks like it has been renovated and the rooms are well kept.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!