“Handy and a good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #66 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Handy and a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We found our room to be comfortable and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast service was varied and very good. The only problem was getting the shuttle at the airport. It took a very long time to get there to pick us up. We chose it for its proximity to the airport and the shuttle service to the pier as we were leaving on a cruise the next day.

Room Tip: Anything in the tower is good.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is conveniently located right in the airports backyard. You can see the planes landing from your hotel window. It takes 5 min to get to your hotel on the hotel shuttle bus. The only downside I see is that it does not have a sports bar. I had to walk a couple blocks over to Toms Sports bar to get a few drinks!. The hotel looks old from the outside but it looks like it has been renovated and the rooms are well kept.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On 5/10/15 our flight was cancelled from Miami to Cincinnati, due to weather. The airport recommended the Clarion hotel for our overnight stay until we could fly out the next day. I asked if it was a nice hotel ( I have a thing about clean nice hotels) I was told it was very nice. Unfortunately that was not true! It smelled like mildew, looked like it had not been renovated since the 1980's and the door would not open all the way to the room to get our suite cases through! It was after midnight and we had been traveling since early in the AM so we were to tired to complain. I should have complained though! My allergies were so bad in the morning that my face was swollen, my nose was stuffed up and eyes were watering. Not to mention I was scared to take my shoes off and walk on the stained carpet. I am so sad that the airport would recommend a place like this!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Valdosta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When you come into the check in...hope for a room on your left. Our first room was on the right side of the property, the entire hallway smelled of mold/mildew. I was feeling puky just walking down the hall, but after our first room hadn't been cleaned, the front desk sent us to the left. What a relief. Despite the sketchy feel of the property, the rooms were remarkably nice inside. I think the floor we were on had a recent update. American stuck us here after a flight delay. Food in the hotel was a poor option. The night actually cost us a good bit by the time you taxi to decent food and back. And my hubby was not buying my bid to walk home from the restaurant, the neighborhood doesn't feel safe. I must say, I was delighted with the black out drapes and noiseless night of sleep I got.

Room Tip: Go left my friend!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Clayton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife, myself and another couple took a trip to Jamaica. On our flight back from Jamaica to Miami our 2hour flight became an adventure. Due to bad weather in Miami we were placed in a holding pattern for over an hour until we were low on gas and had to land and refuel in Ft Myers FL. It was over 2 hours before we took off again to Miami. We landed in Miami around 7:30pm after leaving Jamaica at 2pm. Of course we missed our connecting flight.. At customer service the AA associate rescheduled our flight and provided us with Hotel Vouchers at the Clarion. Pros: Lobby's temp was cool and comfortable, restaurant in the Hotel and great location near the airport. Cons: Our room air conditioner did not work or the hotel had control over it. Very warm and musty all night. Over all we were glad for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Close to the lobby
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Sosua, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is ok fro 2 nights, but needs an upgrade. Nothing in walking distance. The breakfast was really bad and the stuff unfriendly in the breakfast room. We were out for the whole day and when we came back late afternoon, our room was not cleaned. Not a hotel to come back to. In this price range you could find better.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since I've been to the worst hotel in Miami since visiting this hotel, I cannot be too hard on it. I will only say that it is not as close to the airport as I was led to believe and that there were some hooligans running around on my floor as I was trying to sleep. For all that, I had no major problems. I won't return, though.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!