“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #61 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Clayton, North Carolina
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife, myself and another couple took a trip to Jamaica. On our flight back from Jamaica to Miami our 2hour flight became an adventure. Due to bad weather in Miami we were placed in a holding pattern for over an hour until we were low on gas and had to land and refuel in Ft Myers FL. It was over 2 hours before we took off again to Miami. We landed in Miami around 7:30pm after leaving Jamaica at 2pm. Of course we missed our connecting flight.. At customer service the AA associate rescheduled our flight and provided us with Hotel Vouchers at the Clarion. Pros: Lobby's temp was cool and comfortable, restaurant in the Hotel and great location near the airport. Cons: Our room air conditioner did not work or the hotel had control over it. Very warm and musty all night. Over all we were glad for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Close to the lobby
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sosua, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It is ok fro 2 nights, but needs an upgrade. Nothing in walking distance. The breakfast was really bad and the stuff unfriendly in the breakfast room. We were out for the whole day and when we came back late afternoon, our room was not cleaned. Not a hotel to come back to. In this price range you could find better.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Since I've been to the worst hotel in Miami since visiting this hotel, I cannot be too hard on it. I will only say that it is not as close to the airport as I was led to believe and that there were some hooligans running around on my floor as I was trying to sleep. For all that, I had no major problems. I won't return, though.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Queanbeyan, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked this hotel online after searching the internet for a hotel that wasn't too expensive as a stopover between cruises. The hotel is right behind the airport and we had free shuttle bus service. The room was large and the king-sized bed comfortable, was clean but dated. Anyway, what we found rather daunting was the "restaurant" when we went down to breakfast. It was like a serve yourself rundown canteen where you could make your own waffles, and the food was like slop in a pigstye.....sorry, but my partner took one look and we checked out.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here in late March. the hotel was clean, the beds and bedding were good. The staff was friendly. the hotel is in an isolated area, surrounded by many other similar hotels. The included breakfast was good with a nice variety, including cold peeled hardboiled eggs. I had one and was surprised to see how many other guests were eating them. The lack of salt and pepper on the table diminished my enjoyment. Guests are charged for the use of the in room safe unless they tell the front desk that they will not be using the safe. I think that this is not right. We took the free shuttle to the airport, it left exactly on time. the driver was friendly and glad to help with our luggage. There seemed to be ample parking. All in all a decent experience, but a bit expensive.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

time tunnel! welcome to 1980.....that was it probably when they last cleaned the windows. i had a problem with an american airlines connection so i got this distressed hotel.
terrible !!! old and smelly room, but big.mold in the bathroom, view was nice, at least what one could see through the dirty windows.
wifi was positively fast, breakfast was, sorry but really, disgusting.
i think every employee hates either his job or the guests.
no way in hell i would have chosen this hotel or even come back....
unbelievable what they sell you being a ''hotel''.
avoid !!!
ahh..the shuttle was good, but the driver not friendly ........
no smile,no tip.....easy mates :)

Room Tip: avoid the hotel,please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Frank

Please let me apologize for the situation that brought you to my hotel. I understand how frustrating it is when you are not able to get to your destination because an airline cancelled a flight. I am positive if the situation was different your review of the property would be more positive. The hotel was renovated inside in September of 2014 and we just passed a random Choice Hotels inspection on April 20th . The inspection was conducted by a third party and I am pleased to report we received very high marks in cleanliness and other brand standards. In addition, the windows are schedule to be cleaned in mid May. We hope this information will put you at ease, and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back soon. If you would like documentation stating that our hotel is clean, we would be more than happy to provide this to you.

Best regards

Frank Molina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flea on bed crawling, roaches on walls and tub. Dirty bed sheets...booked for a week and a half, but I'm checking out now and requested my company to book me another hotel asap, which they did. Will not be staying or using this hotel again..someone from corporate needs to respond and take action.i will be posting my experience and photos on every social media...if I am not contacted..

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mike

We're sorry to hear about your experience. However, we are very pleased to report that your room was cleared by a third-party company to confirm with 100 percent certainty the absence of any pests, we hope this information will put you at ease, and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back soon. We would welcome the opportunity to address your concerns in further detail if you'd like to contact us directly at GM.fl818@choicehotels.com

Best regards

Frank Molina

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!