“Staff and location are GREAT!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #61 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Staff and location are GREAT!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Since the time I arrived at the airport until the time I was taken back after check out, the staff was fast, helpful, and friendly. The shuttle driver was prompt and informative about the area. The counter staff had my reservation ready so the check in process was short. You could tell that the room was recently renovated. Check out was a snap and the shuttle was ready when I needed to go back to the airport. A great experience all around ... I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel on February 6th 2015, while I was in transit in Miami. The hotel was all right, the price was kinda descent and they have a shuttle to take people from and to the airport.

But I will describe the things I noticed so you can make your own judgement.

1.- Booking:

I made my reservation through Booking.com. I paid like $170-something, if I remember well. The hotel allowed me to make the reservation online without any charge, you only had to type the front numbers on your credit card.

I paid once I arrived at the hotel, you might find this useful.

2.- Attention:

The attention at the hotel, was ok once I arrived, but I had a horrible time trying to contact them before.

I arrived at the airport kinda late. So since I wasn't sure about the Shuttle hours, I called from the info screen located inside the airport. One of the reasons I called was because on this same Screen, once you checked the Clarion inn page there was this icon that said "Shuttle Service 24/7 - Call". Since it said 'call' I started to wonder whether this shuttle kept coming to the airport even at odd hours or not.

Anyway, I tried to call and ask whether I could wait for the shuttle even if it was 12 at night. They never picked up the phone. I went and called from a pay phone with no success; nobody ever picked up the phone. I wasted my time there and the clock just kept running.

At some point at 00:00 I got tired of calling them and went out the airport to the spot where people wait for the shuttles. Just when I was walking there the stupid shuttle was passing by so I ran behind and waved my hand but the driver didn't pay attention to me. Because of the time, 00:00, I was afraid that might be the last shuttle of the night that came without request or something, I don't know. I decided to wait and see if the shuttle would come back, and at some point it did. Around 00:30 I got in and we were headed to the hotel. I arrived there as 01:00, and needless to say I didn't give the driver any tip...

Attention at the hotel was all right. The guy received me and took my info. He wasn't super hospitable, just kindly uninterested. I was tired and annoyed so I mentioned the fact I'd been calling and that no body picked up the phone. He, of course, said they'd been next to the phone the whole time...

3.- Hotel & Room

The hotel looked nice from the outside, and the reception was ok too, but when I started walking I noticed the elevator wasn't so nice and that it was located basically away from the reception in an odd place. Once I got to my floor I also noticed that every door of every room looked beaten, they all had dents and scratches as if someone hit them with a metal tip everyday. This wasn't relevant but did kinda ruin the image of the place. It made me think it was old and unattended.

When I got to my room, my door was of course dented, scratched and painted with that same yellowish white as every door in the hall. To my surprise the room was quite all right, it had two King sized beds, along with a desk, chair and other things. Despite this, the room was still huge! So I really liked that. In my memory the room looks gigantic.

Since I was exhausted I didn't really enjoy much of the hotel or my own room beside my bed, which was comfortable enough for me to drop almost dead on it.

Additionally, the hotel had free wifi, which of course I enjoyed. They also had included breakfast and I think a gym; I didn't use either one because of the flight I had to catch. I took the same Shuttle to airport as the night before and I was there in 30 minutes. This driver was kinder so I gave him tip.

The hotel seems to be located in an ok area. The view from my window was all right, and the people walking around the place seemed ok too, joggers and that kind of people.

Attention at the front desk the morning I left wasn't so nice as the night before. The was a sassy girl there that classical "aww hell nou!" look. I do remember one blond girl standing at the entrance having a cigarette that was gorgeous. I think she might have been an employee at the hotel because of her uniform. She seemed kind, and gorgeous. Not relevant really, but I had to mention it lol

No, seriously. Over all, the hotel was acceptable. It had details here and there, but when it comes to my room, I am pleased enough with it to come back myself. I actually liked that room a lot, I don't know why.

I will leave some pictures so you can get an idea of what I saw while I was there, and maybe that will help you make up your mind.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Due to recent snowstorms our Mon. morning flight was cancelled and we had to leave quickly on Sun. night. The Clarion was a last minute arrangement. What a nice surprise!.The staff was helpful, the room clean with comfortable beds. They had a complete hot and cold breakfast which I hadn't realized when I made the booking. They picked us up at the airport and dropped us off again the next morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks Clarion.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Winterset, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for free room was huge bed was comfortable. There is a restaurant on the premise. We did not visit it even though we had vouchers. Room was clean. Only thing I didn't like was even though we put the a/c unit on constant fan it kept kicking on and off throughout the night. I am a light sleeper and it wake me up.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am so bothered by what happened to us last night, that I don't know how or where to start...

Last night, on Feb. 20, 2015, my spouse and I were booked by American Airlines to stay at this motel. The shuttle took 30 minutes to pick us up. He then went on to pick up so many people that everyone was questioning how safe it was to have that many people crammed into this small bus. It was so packed, one man practically leaned on the driver coughing in his face the whole way there, and one man was standing on the step leaning on the door. In what world is this safe?

Upon our arrival, we were lucky enough to be one of the first three people served by a fairly friendly older black man. We were given room 907. A number I will NEVER forget. The moment we walked into the room, we continued commenting on lack the of evidence of a "remodel" really happening here. The paint around the door and through the hallways were completely chipped and damaged. I did my usual room inspection and was flabbergasted at my findings. For a "remodeled" hotel, the tub floor was BROWN! When I went over to the curtains, there were two baby roaches crawling on the base garment. To the right of the windows, next to my bed was balled up sock that obviously did not belong to us. I immediately walked over to the phone and called the front desk. As soon as I started telling the gentleman about the roaches on the curtain, I yelled because there was a much bigger one in front of me sitting on the wood panel above the bed. As an asthmatic with a roach and rodent allergy, I was not only disgusted, but fearful for the safety of my health... I had food and drinks that the airline provided me, and that was immediately thrown in the trash.

I did not wait in that creepy crawly room for someone to come upstairs, I swiftly left and went back downstairs to the front desk. The first representative I saw was a young light-skinned black woman with a nice poofy natural hairstyle. (I give this description for identification and coaching purposes). When I notified her of all the filth, her response was "roaches?? ... A sock? So, you're telling me the room was half cleaned?" She shook her head and apologized. A man standing next to me stated that he hoped there wasn't any roaches in there, because he just left a hotel that had several dead roaches in his room, and that's why he was switched to that hotel. He only came back downstairs, not because of bugs, but because the key he received, did not work. He asked the representative: "is this the season for them?" And her reply was "well, you are in Florida" ... Whatttt? How is this okay?

From that moment on, we decided to leave and go back to the airport for a new hotel. We ended up stuck at the airport until now, when they were able to book us at a better location... 8 hours later. I am just floored by all of this! Absolutely floored. I hope no one goes into those rooms until an exterminator bombs and treats that building.

Sorry for such a long post, but I am still highly overwhelmed about last night. I figured writing about it while it is still fresh would allow me the privilege to report my experiences, truthfully and accurately.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Monique

We're sorry to hear about your pest problem. I can assure you the incident is extreamly rare. we are very pleased to report that your room was cleared by a third-party company to confirm with 100 percent certainty the absence of any pests, including roaches. In addition the room attendant that cleaned your room is no longer employed at the hotel. We hope this information will put you at ease, and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel had some good points and some bad. Rooms were large and in good condition. Sound control was great. We couldn't believe that there wasn't any noise from the airport which was right across the street. The housekeeping was a huge disappointment. They did not leave toiletries like soap & shampoo, wet towels were still laying on the floor after being used that morning, coffee cups were left dirty, etc, etc. Will we stay there again? Probably not.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lakegirl60

Please accept my apologies for your recent stay. What you experience is not the norm, I am unable to tell what room or date you stay due to your anonymous review. It would really help me and any other future guest if you contact me at the hotel. I will meet with the housekeeping staff and share your comments in an effort to provide better guest satisfaction to our guest. I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is in really poor conditions and outdated.
Pros
- complementary airport shuttle
- free breakfast
- near airport
- Cruise shuttle ($)
- free wifi

Cons
- very old
- furnitures broken - beds
- not good ambience
- bathroom faucet broken
- shower head broken

Room Tip: I don't recomend this hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Yokasta

The staff and I are disappointed we did not meet your standards. The hotel was recently renovated in September of 2014. All guest rooms have new modern Furniture, Carpet, Artwork, lamps and Bedding, The exterior is schedule to be painted this summer. We offer the newest rooms in the area. I have shared your comments with the maintenance staff in an effort to prevent the issues you encountered to any future guest. We hope to see you again in the future,

Sincerely

Frank Molina

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!