“Price and shuttle service a bonus” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #70 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Waterloo, Canada
“Price and shuttle service a bonus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here because of the price, for Miami it was fair, just over $100.00 USD a night and the added bonus was the free parking and shuttle service. We were attending a Miami Heat game, so we got a shuttle bus which runs 24/7 from the hotel to the airport, hopped on the subway (5.00 per day) then returned late at night after the game to the airport. The service runs every half hour on the hour. The rooms are clean, updated. Nice Panasonic flat screen TV. Free breakfast was just okay but it was free with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, waffle makers, toast, fresh fruit and yogurt.
Good value for Miami. Front staff helpful with directions to the Dolphin Mall (factory outlet ) and Publix. Good internet connection.

Room Tip: No heat in the room although the front desk said they will provide a space heater.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

First of all, having seen previous reviews I was a little concerned as to what I could expect from this hotel. I was staying for four nights as part of an organised tour engaged in aviation photography, so the location was obviously a winner. I was entitled a discounted rate as part of this tour which made this a good value stay considering it is peak season in Miami.

I'm pleased to report my stay was very comfortable. Staff on checkin were efficient and friendly, and I was given my room key and a code for the WiFi which is free in all rooms. It also turned out my room was upgraded, so I had a suite - two double beds, sofas, tables and chairs and plenty of room! My room also had a coffee maker with complimentary coffee, a large flatscreen TV, fridge, iron and ironing board, most of which remained unused for my stay!

Breakfast was usually busy with a lot of groups staying in the hotel - it seemed a lot of cruise companies used it for crew waiting to join cruise ships so if you happened to arrive at the check in desk behind one of these groups you could be in for a bit of a wait! The breakfast itself was adequate with a mix of both hot and cold food as well as waffle irons for making your own waffles. The fact it was so busy meant that on occasions only polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery were available; not too much of a problem though not the best way to eat breakfast! The restaurant also does dinner however I never used it; there were plenty of alternative fast food restaurants nearby within walking distance.

I slept well and found the bed very comfortable despite the proximity to the airport and the air conditioner - which wasn't particularly noisy, but I'm not used to the noise and with the temperatures generally left it on overnight.

Its fair to say it is in need of some modernisation in the communal areas and the bathroom in my room was showing its age. However it was spotlessly clean and well looked after so no real complaints.

This isn't a hotel I'd choose for a romantic retreat or the holiday of a lifetime - but it served my purposes perfectly well and that's all I needed!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms probably quieter as odd ones face the airport
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotels are pricey in Miami during peak season, but this is a decent place to stay if you are on a budget, particularly if you're flying in or out of town. The property is in a lower middle class neighborhood, but I felt safe and the cars seemed safe in the parking lot. There's no charge for parking, which isn't the case at some Miami hotels near downtown or at the beaches.

The building is older and it a bit worn around the edges. It could use a little sprucing up, but it is well taken care of, and everything seemed pretty clean. The electronic card reader on my room's door seemed to be very finicky about reading the card, or might have been wearing out, because I had to get my card re-keyed at the front desk after the first one they gave me didn't work.

The beds were pretty comfortable, although the mattresses may be nearing the end of their comfortable life. The room was spacious, with a decent sized closet and bathroom. There was a hairdryer, a coffeemaker and a nice large screen TV. There was only a small dresser, but the drawers were pretty good-sized, and there was plenty of room in the closet.

It looked like some tour groups of 20-40 people were using this hotel, which wasn't a problem, but there were sometimes large groups hanging out in the lobby waiting for their buses. There's a shuttle that takes you to the airport or to a nearby shopping mall (which is very nice).

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. I asked for a quiet location, and the desk clerk gave me a room at the end of the hallway, with a neighbor on one side only. Although we were right across from the airport, I never heard any planes landing or taking off, so the soundproofing was pretty good. I didn't hear much noise from other rooms either... just from one neighbor who seemed to like to slam the door shut.

The free breakfast selection was pretty good, although the food was just of average quality, and included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, toaster, yogurt, cereal, etc. The breakfast room is the site of a small cafe/restaurant during other hours, which offered a few entrees daily, and also sold beer and wine by the glass. The feel is more like a cafeteria or diner than an actual restaurant.

There is a small fitness room, which I didn't use. The free wi-fi worked well in my room, which was at the far end of a hallway.

Bottom line, if you don't want to spend a lot, this is a clean and decent place to stay, but definitely nothing fancy.

Room Tip: Room 219 was quiet, on the end of the hallway far from the elevator/vending, and faced away from the...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were flying through Miami, but missed our connections on to Quito. We were stuck staying overnight in Miami, not out of choice. We were told to stand on the curb and watch for hotel shuttles, stop one and ask if there were rooms available.

We were hoping for something cheap as this was not a planned stop. We ended up here for $150 for one night, which under normal conditions I would have refused to pay. However, we just flew two flights coming from Europe just prior to this and we were exhausted.

The staff were wonderfully friendly answering questions. The room was your average hotel room, nothing exceptional.

The restaurant looks like a fast food cafeteria, but I have to say we had an excellent meatloaf dinner there. Tasting like it was prepared specifically for us, the serving was generous. Along with the mashed potatoes and gravy, it was perfect comfort food.

We only had about 20 minutes to down breakfast the next morning before getting the shuttle back to the airport, but the selections were impressive. If we had more time, I would definitely have overeaten.

Again, the most impressive part of this stay was the staff - hotel and restaurant. Oh, the WiFi was free, which was greatly appreciated as I had to Skype call my travel agent and others.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a business traveler on a per day max, it’s tough to find hotels during peak season First time at this location. Near the airport and cruise ships. There were a lot of buses pulling in and out.
Had a big breakfast area to accommodate the size of the hotel. Just have to time eating in between the big groups coming and going. Hallways look a little old, but the room was fine. I would stay here again

Room Tip: If you don't like waiting for elevators, request the second floor. It's a big hotel. I was a...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived and requested an early check in. The front desk staff were very nice and let us in early. We were exhausted from our 12 hour red-eye flight so the extra few hours of sleep were nice. The room was standard and clean for the price. I travel quite a bit and this may have been the best complimentary hot breakfast I have had at a hotel. Lots of options and an abundance of seating. Checkout was seamless and the free parking was a plus. The only concern was that our room was close to the staircase on our floor and every time someone used the staircase the door would slam and it was quite loud. Other than that, family, single and convenience friendly hotel. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a clean, convenient hotel located close to the airport!

Room Tip: Try to request a room away from the staircase. Entering and exiting can create a loud noise that you...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Raida86

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and we are very glade you enjoyed your stay. The Hotel has recently completed guest room renovations. In addition we have plans to refresh the guest bathrooms and the exterior of the building in the near future. We hope to see you again so that we can provide you with and even better experience.

Sincerely

Frank Molina
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in this Hotel for 18 days almost the better part of December and beginning of January 2015 and could not have asked for better service. The Hotel Property is a little old, but this place is made great by the people.

Everyone is very helpful, caring and smiling at all times. The team at the Front Desk, the lovely and ever so gracious ladies in the Restaurant and the Housekeeping Staff, all are true and dedicated individuals.
The property has a great location and is very conveniently located in Miami Springs. Just around the Hotel you can expect to find food marts, restaurants, pharmacy, utility services and liquor store as well. This is one of the safest neighborhoods in Miami and I strolled late at night very comfortably all alone on a number of occasions.
The Hotel is a little old and the product in some quarters needs a bit of renovating. The paint in the Bathroom of the Room that I stayed in needs a little bit of finesse. Housekeeping takes care of your belongings and they remember preferences. The Hotel has good facilities like a Self Use Laundry, A Souvenir Shop and this has a lot of stuff for use and also souvenirs, an ATM a Bell Desk all which are extremely helpful.
The Laundry Machines were out of order quite a few times and so was the ATM during my stay. This can be looked into definitely. There is an ATM just a few steps away in the nearby Shell Gas Station Food Mart.
Quite a few Restaurants provide Delivery including Ping House, Miami Pizzeria and another Cuban Place. Tried food from all these places and quality and quantity are decent. The Hotel has free local calls and 24 hours free Wi-Fi which was excellent during my stay. Never faced a problem.
They change their Wi-Fi Password every Monday so be sure to enquire with Front Desk.
Their Restaurant, Miro's Café has a limited menu but the food is good, tasty and plentiful. The Restaurant Staff is extremely hospitable and caring. The ladies go out of the way to make sure you are happy and this I can vouch for as I ate there everyday. The Menu can definitely be elaborated.

Breakfast is free and good with eggs. bacon, sausages, breads, fruits and muffins and juices.
All in all, a great place to stay in Miami even if it is for the long haul.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear GlobeDiaries

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We have reviewed your comments and will take actions to correct any issues you had. I hope we can fulfill your lodging needs again in the future.

Sincerely

Frank Molina

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!