First of all, having seen previous reviews I was a little concerned as to what I could expect from this hotel. I was staying for four nights as part of an organised tour engaged in aviation photography, so the location was obviously a winner. I was entitled a discounted rate as part of this tour which made this a good value stay considering it is peak season in Miami.
I'm pleased to report my stay was very comfortable. Staff on checkin were efficient and friendly, and I was given my room key and a code for the WiFi which is free in all rooms. It also turned out my room was upgraded, so I had a suite - two double beds, sofas, tables and chairs and plenty of room! My room also had a coffee maker with complimentary coffee, a large flatscreen TV, fridge, iron and ironing board, most of which remained unused for my stay!
Breakfast was usually busy with a lot of groups staying in the hotel - it seemed a lot of cruise companies used it for crew waiting to join cruise ships so if you happened to arrive at the check in desk behind one of these groups you could be in for a bit of a wait! The breakfast itself was adequate with a mix of both hot and cold food as well as waffle irons for making your own waffles. The fact it was so busy meant that on occasions only polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery were available; not too much of a problem though not the best way to eat breakfast! The restaurant also does dinner however I never used it; there were plenty of alternative fast food restaurants nearby within walking distance.
I slept well and found the bed very comfortable despite the proximity to the airport and the air conditioner - which wasn't particularly noisy, but I'm not used to the noise and with the temperatures generally left it on overnight.
Its fair to say it is in need of some modernisation in the communal areas and the bathroom in my room was showing its age. However it was spotlessly clean and well looked after so no real complaints.
This isn't a hotel I'd choose for a romantic retreat or the holiday of a lifetime - but it served my purposes perfectly well and that's all I needed!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Comfort Inn And Suites Miami Airport
- Comfort Inn Hotel Miami
- Comfort Inn Miami Airport
- Miami Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Suite Miami Airport